where else can you find us?

The League of Reason still has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Let's talk about Islam

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 3 of 3
 [ 52 posts ] 
Let's talk about Islam
Author Message
Nesslig20User avatar
Online
Posts: 193Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:44 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

thenexttodie wrote:
thenexttodie wrote:You do not know how the solar system was formed. Nebular hypothesis has not be verified and the method of planetary accretion is unknown.


hackenslash wrote: The process is observed at all stages.


Oh now we have observed it all happening? Do you have a source for this? Because I think this would take millions of years of observation.


He said we have observed all stages, not observed one solar system going through all stages.

To make an analogy, try to imagine that a species lived for millions of years and that an infant growing up into an adult takes allot longer than you can live. In fact observing one individual throughout your life time, would not show much aging. However, you have many individuals that all are of different ages and that gives you the clue of how they age, even when you have never observed one individual going from infant to adult.

Apart from discovering other solar systems with their own planets (I mean hundreds in just a few decades) we also have observed protoplanetary disks with young stars, or in normal english. Just very young solar systems with a sun and a big dust cloud circling around it due to

GRAVITY YOU FUCKING RETARD!!! - with kind regards, desertphile

and thus is in the process that the nebular hypothesis proposes.
Image
Image
Image
Images from NASA, particular the Hubble space telescope.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
Charles Darwin
Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:55 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2447Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

thenexttodie wrote:I think that when people see how your feelings led you to take a completely unrelated quote from me from a completely unrelated thread, most of them will rationalize this as evidence of your inability to think. Even your friends on this forum will secretly think this. How much marijuana do you smoke each day?



No?

What I'm thinking, though, is quite open, obvious and un-secret.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:19 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3106Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

Nesslig20 wrote:To make an analogy, try to imagine that a species lived for millions of years and that an infant growing up into an adult takes allot longer than you can live. In fact observing one individual throughout your life time, would not show much aging. However, you have many individuals that all are of different ages and that gives you the clue of how they age, even when you have never observed one individual going from infant to adult.


Use redwoods, no imagination need.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:07 pm
YIM WWW
DustniteUser avatarPosts: 493Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

nexttodie's Rules of Conversation:

  1. Never take any nuanced positions. Everything that exists in life is black and white.
  2. Repeat false or dumb claims ad nauseum. If anything is fractally wrong, go deeper into wrongness.
  3. Troll. Because why be honest with yourself and others?
"But this is irrelevant because in either case, whether a god exists or not, whether your God (with a capital G) exists or not, it doesn't matter. We both are, in either case, evolved apes. " - Nesslig20
Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:08 pm
Steelmage99
Online
Posts: 76Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
Nesslig20 wrote:To make an analogy, try to imagine that a species lived for millions of years and that an infant growing up into an adult takes allot longer than you can live. In fact observing one individual throughout your life time, would not show much aging. However, you have many individuals that all are of different ages and that gives you the clue of how they age, even when you have never observed one individual going from infant to adult.


Use redwoods, no imagination need.


An adult biologist having the opportunity to observe the entire lifespan of a great tortoise can also be tricky. :)
Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:13 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4232Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

thenexttodie wrote: How much marijuana do you smoke each day?


None, I'm teetotal. Never been high, never been drunk. I do drink quite a bit of tea, though. Now, ad hominem aside, and given your consistent inability to grasp simple concepts or behave like someone who isn't a 13 year old, why should anyone here, or anywhere, take your opinion on stellar formation seriously?
Image
Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:01 pm
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 956Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

thenexttodie wrote:
australopithecus wrote:We do know how the solar system formed.


No you don't. Nebular Hypothesis has not been verified and there is no known method for planetary accretion to occur.

Holy FUCK that is one impressively ignorant statement.

G R A V I T Y.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:43 am
thenexttodiePosts: 498Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

Rumraket wrote:Holy FUCK that is one impressively ignorant statement.

G R A V I T Y.


Gravity only works if you believe in things which we can not detect, like dark matter.
Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:45 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1150Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

thenexttodie wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Holy FUCK that is one impressively ignorant statement.

G R A V I T Y.


Gravity only works if you believe in things which we can not detect, like dark matter.


Hmmm. Didn't know that. Why do apples fall from trees?
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:05 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2139Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

thenexttodie wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Holy FUCK that is one impressively ignorant statement.

G R A V I T Y.


Gravity only works if you believe in things which we can not detect, like dark matter.


We can detect dark matter.
Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:15 pm
leroyPosts: 657Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

australopithecus wrote:[
hackenslash wrote: The process is observed at all stages.


Oh now we have observed it all happening? Do you have a source for this? Because I think this would take millions of years of observation.


What you think is irrelevant. The sum total knowledge of stellar formation is not dependent on your opinion. To quote you:

thenexttodie wrote: I am not educated enough to really understand hardly any of it.


Just a question, but I admit in advance that I don't understand much about the formation of the solar system......


if all planets came from the same dost cloud, shouldn't all planets be similar? ........shouldn't they all have more less the same ratio of elements?
Aronra:
“There is no free will" "I am a free thinker”
Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:16 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2447Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Let's talk about Islam

Leroy...

First, what just happened witht the quotes in your above post?
Looks like you messed them both up.

Second, your question about planetary formation:
No. Why would they? There is no reason the dust cloud would have a totally even distribution of elements to begin with, but more importantly, once gravity starts working on the cloud - as the center becomes more dense - it's going to attract differently on the various elements, depending on their weight. And once the sun is "turned on", solar winds will do the same, just in the opposite direction.
That's at least the basic knowledge I have on it, without looking into it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:06 am
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 3 of 3
 [ 52 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest