Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 25 of 27
 [ 533 posts ] 
Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.
HamsterPosts: 83Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:54 pmLocation: wisconsin Gender: Male

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

going off topic.

Was Frank Spencer the character played by Mike Crawford of Phantom of the Opera fame ?
Fri May 10, 2013 4:45 am
*SD*User avatarPosts: 120Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 amLocation: Wales, UK Gender: Male

As the thread is still going, Jason is "happy to debate* atheists"

* In a scholarly, academic, democratic way of course.
Fri May 10, 2013 2:27 pm
RizlaPosts: 23Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:45 pm Gender: Cake

I really think this guy needs to be ignored.

He will never "get it".

An empty comments section is all he deserves. It could also aid his mental recovery.

I've set all the videos he deleted that I capped to private and will edit my previous post so it will direct to a different mirror. I'm am done with Jason.
Fri May 10, 2013 11:50 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Dear Rizla

I do go with your conclusions.
But I doubt that Jay will stop his style of attention seeking for only these mocking vids bring him vivid interactions with humans. The other vids get obviously poor views.

If you're really done for good you might straight forward delete your collection. But don't miss out that your mirrors also provided the opportunity for some to encounter Jays 'real' face (if I may say). An alternative could be to make them unlisted, so they don't show on your channel but would stay available (esp for old links that now have run empty).

I'm still not sure about his reasons - it can't be for fishing 'sheeps' - maybe he feels that his belief is wobbly as he can't find the needed evidence within himself and turns his frustration as aggression onto his declared 'enemies'.

However ~ please keep save and may good reasoning stay with you ;)
Sat May 11, 2013 12:49 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4235Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Jason has previously disabled comments and a lack of those hasn't seemed to dull his penchant for drama.
Sat May 11, 2013 6:02 am
RizlaPosts: 23Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:45 pm Gender: Cake

He's only disabled them briefly and on selected videos. But so what if he does. He's never going to take anything anyone says on board. Refuting him over and over knowing this is just as crazy as his output.
Sat May 11, 2013 10:15 am
CTAH19Posts: 7Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:32 am Gender: Male

I'm tending to agree with Rizla.

I stopped commenting on Jason's videos around mid March after witnessing a few of his "cycles". I still pop in from time to time to see what he's been getting up to mainly for some light comedy relief and it's quite nice to have the mirrors as some of the deleted videos are the most interesting.

He does confuse me though. I've always got something in the back of my mind questioning if Jay is for real or are his posts just about seeking attention.

The latest evidence does suggest the latter. Since the start of his recent "sabbatical". He stated that he was moving his base of operation from AtheismExamined to AthanasiusTV but just looking at the stats he hasn't posted more than a handful of videos on AthanasiusTV in the last week while in the same time he has posted 50-60+ videos (if you include the videos he has deleted) on AtheismExamined. No coincidence then that his videos on AthanasiusTV barely make double figure views and even less in the way of comments.

Likewise his failure to produce his "academic paper" on his self-imposed deadlines has generated much more attention for him over the last few weeks than would have happened had he even been fit to produce the world class article described.

So I'm with Rizla. Jason has shown that he won't participate in a dialogue, he constantly demands debates from those unable or unwilling to do so yet runs away from those who wish to debate him.

Lock the thread up again until something new happens. Refrain from commenting on Jason's videos while he continues on the same old cycle of behaviour and just maybe we will see the real Jason emerge with something new and interesting to say.
Sat May 11, 2013 4:18 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

In yesterdays vid: Sabbatical Morning Tea Break,Academic Paper, ... at 15:48 - 17:17
Jay says that the paper is coming (kind of soon) and will be published as doc-document on a specific writer platform (docs.zoho.com).
The second draft of the 13-14 chapter book is done and he will start typing it out at the end of this week.

:mrgreen: at 30:10...
... the paper is 'cramp packed' with research ... and intellectually honest atheists will take at least 2-5 years to 'get their head around' this paper and to respond to it.
Wed May 15, 2013 6:27 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4235Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Vivre wrote:... the paper is 'cramp packed' with research ... and intellectually honest atheists will take at least 2-5 years to 'get their head around' this paper and to respond to it.

I see what he's done there, very dishonest clever of you, Jason. Essentially, anyone who criticises the paper before they've had 2-5 years to digest the intellectual nourishment is being intellectually dishonest.

Pretty sure there's a logical fallacy in there somewhere.
Thu May 16, 2013 7:50 am
WalkingFishUser avatarPosts: 36Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:24 pm Gender: Male

Rizla wrote:More comedic gold. He's already deleted/made private this video but I grabbed it before he did.

I was about to get on you for missing such comedic gold. This video has to be one of the top 10. I was almost certian this had to be something old but in fact it was new.

Who ever taught Jason Burns the word: sabbatical :evil:
http://www.youtube.com/ChristopherHitchslap
Thu May 16, 2013 4:28 pm
*SD*User avatarPosts: 120Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 amLocation: Wales, UK Gender: Male

As this video makes several references to LoR, I thought it was worth a post in case any of you missed it. Jason is happy to engage with LoR - but you lot MUST abide by his rules. Okay? Got that LoR??

:)

Thu May 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Conditions are par for the course at this point.

As I just informed Jason, if he requires another Christian on the podcast he can choose anyone he likes. It's entirely his choice, but the full recording will be publicly available so there will be no accusations of quote mining, or biased editing.
Thu May 16, 2013 5:20 pm

It'll be interesting to see if he does participate. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see some excuse to wriggle out of it. Most likely along the lines of "dirty handy tactics" and such.
Thu May 16, 2013 5:41 pm

They'll be no tactics on our end, dirty handed or other. We we're going to discuss his paper/book anyway, if he wants to join us he can, and he can bring a friend if he wants. A date and time will be arranged and if he shows up then he'll take part. Simple as.
Thu May 16, 2013 6:03 pm
Jason101Posts: 49Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:56 am Gender: Male

Mon May 20, 2013 10:30 am

I'm a bit confused, Jay. What does that link have to do with your paper?
Mon May 20, 2013 10:45 am
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Jason101 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFbJrr1-bY&feature=share&list=UUnK3sxE-NQ20hGqzS1-qp_w

The paper is being typed up today .

Unless it is released today.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Mon May 20, 2013 10:45 am
forgotten observerUser avatarPosts: 99Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 am

*SD* wrote:I'm a bit confused, Jay. What does that link have to do with your paper?

Oddly the original link was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2csRf1htIRo But then it was changed to a zeitgeist one. I'm slightly confused as well.
"Nobody is ever born into this world as a soldier. "
—Rau Le Creuset, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Mon May 20, 2013 10:46 am
Jason101Posts: 49Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:56 am Gender: Male

This is just one of the scholars works that have gone into my paper.If you do not understand N T Wright on the subject of the resurrection you will have no idea how to deal with the main part of my work.
Wright Lectures and Articles

Paul Jesus Other Articles
New Perspectives on Paul
(145K PDF Version) Jesus and the Identity of God
(150K PDF Version) How Can The Bible Be Authoritative?
Paul's Gospel and Caesar's Empire (250KB PDF) Jesus' Resurrection and Christian Origins God in Public? Reflections on Faith and Society
Paul in Different Perspectives Five Gospels But No Gospel: Jesus and the Seminar (180K PDF) Freedom and Framework, Spirit and Truth: Recovering Biblical Worship
The Shape of Justification Jesus, Israel and the Cross (155K PDF) New Testament Scholarship and Christian Discipleship (260K PDF)
Paul and Caesar: A New Reading of Romans The Historical Jesus and Christian Theology The Bible and Tomorrow's World
Communion and Kononia: Pauline Reflections on Tolerance and Boundaries The Most Dangerous Baby Kingdom Come? The Public Meaning of the Gospels
Justification: The Biblical Basis and its Relevance for Contemporary Evangelicalism (200K PDF) An Evening Conversation on Jesus and Paul (144KB PDF) Women's Service in the Church: The Biblical Basis
Romans and the Theology of Paul (250K PDF) The Servant and Jesus God and Caesar, Then and Now (150K PDF)
Gospel and Theology in Galatians (120K PDF) Grave Matters The Holy Spirit in the Church
4QMMT and Paul: Justification, 'Works,' and Eschatology (344KB PDF) God's Way of Acting The Lord's Prayer as a Paradigm of Christian Prayer
The Letter to the Galatians: Exegesis and Theology The Resurrection as a Historical Problem Resurrection: From Theology to Music and Back Again
The Law in Romans 2 (188K PDF) Early Traditions and the Origin of Christianity Decoding The Da Vinci Code
On Becoming the Righteousness of God (107K PDF) The Resurrection and the Postmodern Dilemma The Christian Challenge in a Postmodern World
The Paul of History and the Apostle of Faith (154K PDF) Can a Scientist Believe in the Resurrection? The Bible and Christian Imagination
Paul, Arabia, and Elijah (Galatians 1:17) (111K PDF) Doing Justice to Jesus God, 9/11, the Tsunami, and the New Problem of Evil
Gore Lecture: Coming Home to Saint Paul? Jesus' Self Understanding The Bible for the Post Modern World (151K PDF)
Two Radical Jews Resurrecting Old Arguments: Responding to Four Essays Worship and the Spirit in the New Testament
An Evening Conversation on Paul with James D.G. Dunn and N.T. Wright Imagining the Kingdom: Mission and Theology in Early Christianity Where is God in ‘The War on Terror’?
Redemption from the New Perspective? Towards a Multi-Layered Pauline Theology of the Cross The Cross and The Caricatures
Mind, Spirit, Soul and Body: All for One and One for All: Reflections on Paul’s Anthropology in his Complex Contexts The Monarchs and the Message: Reflections on Bible Translation
from the Sixteenth to the Twenty-First Century
Justification: Yesterday, Today and Forever (360KB PDF) God in the Dock: What Place Now for Christian Faith in Public Life?
Mon May 20, 2013 10:49 am

Jay, a quick question. Is your "paper" basically slab after slab of copy & paste of other people's work? Have you actually written any of it your self? By "written" I mean coming up with your own material, not just typing out some stuff someone else already said.
Mon May 20, 2013 10:51 am
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 25 of 27
 [ 533 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion