Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 23 of 27
 [ 533 posts ] 
Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.
Author Message
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Well I've offered to debate him by "university" rules, so we'll see if anything comes of that.
Image
Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm
*SD*User avatarPosts: 342Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 amLocation: Wales, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

I'm pretty confident I know what will come of it - bugger all. But good luck, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for this feast of academia. In a scholarly and democratic way, of course.
Image
Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:42 pm
WWW
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2750Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

@Engelbert: I still didn't get if you understood the concept that Y is evidence of X if an only if we were to assume that X is false then Y would be an unexpected statistical fluke?
And on that light, do you think that the establishment of an historical mundane Jesus could be considered evidence for Christianity?
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:52 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Now this is rather funny - about an hour ago I checked on one of the vid-comments and guess what I saw:

AtheismExamined 17 minutes ago wrote:Those who keep putting my comments on blogs make sure you put them in context,you militant atheists.

Image




Maybe 20mins later I bothered to refresh the page, but knowing what might happen, loaded it anew.



... and the context of it is ... to keep it for the record :lol:
..... and to keep as evidence you can download both pages as copies: jay-coms-2404.zip
...... and don't miss that this record contains the 'debate-rules'

~ greets V
Last edited by Vivre on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:01 pm
WWW
*SD*User avatarPosts: 342Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 amLocation: Wales, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Oh, Vivre, you really should check back there now - Jason's "Mum" "Dad" "Sister" have all posted in addition to his brother.
Image
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:05 pm
WWW
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

:lol:

yes - I've got Charlie already on the screen - but I don't think I'll follow it up as closely - the above was a lucky catch
oh - btw - this is Jay just doing his wind up, is it ? ;-)
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 pm
WWW
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

That's just tragic.
Image
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Image


/this entire thread
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:37 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Image
Image
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:41 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Image
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

I miss Pond. For various reasons.
Image
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 pm
Darkprophet232User avatarPosts: 226Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:42 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Engelbert wrote: Pauline Epistles. Some are considered genuine, some questionable, some probably attributable to other authors or even forgeries.

You have referenced Hebrews. Hebrews is considered widely in secular scholarship to have been written by someone other than Paul.


By what criteria is an epistle deemed a forgery and another authentic? Is it merely whichever is most convenient for your argument at the time? I suspect it is, and since you offer no evidence that Galatians is any more authentic than Hebrews, I dismiss your claim as easily as you dismissed mine. And before you cry, again, saying "well, these scholars think so,"that is not evidence. That is called an appeal to authority and is a logical fallacy, not evidence.

Engelbert wrote:Galatians is agreed upon, almost unanimously in secular and Christian scholarship, to have been written by Paul. If there are any historians who doubt that Paul wrote Galatians, there are very few.


So a group of people think it was written by Paul, but that Hebrews wasn't? What evidence do they have that one is more likely authentic than another? Does not the presence of one forgery call the entire catalog into question?

Also, would you kindly do me the favor of responding to the rest of my post? You did quote the entire thing after all.
“The man who believes that the secrets of the world are forever hidden lives in mystery and fear. Superstition will drag him down." -The Judge
Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:27 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

SD_STRIKEBREAKER wrote:Oh, Vivre, you really should check back there now - Jason's "Mum" "Dad" "Sister" have all posted in addition to his brother.


It's all gone slightly mental.
Image
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:33 pm
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

australopithecus wrote:It's all gone slightly mental.

(bamm) boom - you got flagged for that :mrgreen:

btw: nice de-evolving you've went through the last hour
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 pm
WWW
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Ok, I think we've dignified this guy with more attention than has been warranted. If he decided to regain his faculties for long enough to provide the paper he said he would it'll get posted. Until then, if anyone wants to continue the discussion that Engelbert, Aron and others have been having I'll set up a new thread.
Image
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Just an update:

Jason has yet again moved the goalposts, and the "paper" is now a book, and as such will not be posted by the 4th, in fact it wont be released anytime soon as he is "busy". I'm not sure how far Jason is going to continue to run away from the original request for a debate, but at this point he may as well be on Pluto.

Image
Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Bollocks to it, I've re-opened the thread because Jason is the lolcow that keeps giving, and I could do with a laugh.

Image
Wed May 08, 2013 1:30 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

This reads just like a 80's wrestling feud where a man made of balloons stands in front of a camera and talks smack to another wrestler.

In this case however, one of the people isn't actually listening, so it is just a man shouting at a camera.
Wed May 08, 2013 3:24 pm
WWW
Jen MartensePosts: 29Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:54 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

Frenger wrote:This reads just like a 80's wrestling feud where a man made of balloons stands in front of a camera and talks smack to another wrestler.

In this case however, one of the people isn't actually listening, so it is just a man shouting at a camera.



Interesting "sabbatical" there, Jason.
Wed May 08, 2013 7:01 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread.

I actually had the Ultimate Warrior in mind when I wrote that, it was the pointing at the camera that really sold it.
Wed May 08, 2013 8:06 pm
WWW
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 23 of 27
 [ 533 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
cron