Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread 2: Part 1

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 8 of 8
 [ 150 posts ] 
Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread 2: Part 1
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Jason101 aka Jason Burn's paper discussion thread 2: Par

So from now on, if anyone catches Jason complaining that people are spreading rumours about him, you can refer him to this video...

...and then you can tell him to jog on.

I actually felt sorry for him yesterday, so I PM'd him on YT to say that if someone is spreading crap, and trying to force him off YT, then he has on open platform here. Today, that pity has gone, and I'm inclined to believe his cries of depression is distraction tactic, so people will maybe forget the nonsense he's pulled. It's quite a regular cycle that coincides with him doing something stupid and getting called on it.

I'm actively considering locking this thread and ignoring him until his full paper has been shat out. Any arguments against?
Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:54 pm
tsarenvyPosts: 63Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:01 am

australopithecus wrote:
I'm actively considering locking this thread and ignoring him until his full paper has been shat out. Any arguments against?

The lolz?
Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:02 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

He's not funny enough for that. He's just tragic, like a 12 year old talking shit on Call of Duty.
Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:06 pm
tsarenvyPosts: 63Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:01 am

He's not funny ha ha. But he is funny. The rap man! The rap!

'Get a CRB check if you dare, if you dare. I've had one. Have you, have you? Yep.'
Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:22 pm
jskemp1970User avatarPosts: 19Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:47 pm

+1 for the lolz.

"What Would Hitchens Do? Christopher, Not Peter!" (WWHD?CNP!)

....he loved & understood the power of the lolz.
Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:03 pm
Jen MartensePosts: 29Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:54 pm Gender: Cake

australopithecus wrote:So from now on, if anyone catches Jason complaining that people are spreading rumours about him, you can refer him to this video...

...and then you can tell him to jog on.

I've heard this story before and I know how it ends. This is not the first time he's done it.

Is anyone waiting for his paper for anything but the lulz? What reason is there to even bother discussing his drivel? I think we all know what to expect from the rest of his "world class" paper, and "thought provoking" isn't part of it.

He won't discuss or debate the paper here, so what's the point of dedicating a thread to it? The only thing he gets out of it is fodder for the occasional troll video, and all anyone else gets out of it is to laugh at him. It is tragic.

Just lock it and let it die. Unless the rest of his paper is a remarkable departure from everything he has produced in the past, I see no reason to unlock the thread ever.
Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:59 pm
HamsterPosts: 83Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:54 pmLocation: wisconsin Gender: Male

I treat Jason more as a chance to reach those viewers of his who can actually reason , and who might be steered to the science and philosophy that questions his position.

There is a lot of that though so just piling oin more is a waste of time and resources.

lock the thread until his paper is fully published.

check back this time next year ? maybe just before christmas ?
Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:29 pm
CaptainAwesomeoh13User avatarPosts: 7Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:04 pm Gender: Time Lord

tsarenvy wrote:He's not funny ha ha. But he is funny. The rap man! The rap!

'Get a CRB check if you dare, if you dare. I've had one. Have you, have you? Yep.'

LOL! Is that what he said? I was WAY off.
Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:36 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Lock it, it's boring.

Although the rap was funny, the rest has been tumble weed.
Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm sold.

The thread will remain locked until Jason has posted his full paper, whenever that will be.
Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 pm
Previous
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 8 of 8
 [ 150 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion