Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

some things i just dont understand...

[ 3 posts ] 
some things i just dont understand...
TE3bNew MemberPosts: 1Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:47 am Gender: Time Lord

Post some things i just dont understand...

hello everyone, names TE3b, and i watch "why do people laugh at creationists" rather often. unfortunately, i married into a christian family whose father is a pastor. so you can imagine the arguments we get in. him saying such things like "evolution is the biggest running joke in human history!" and saying that its not evolution, its adaptation, which i always tell him adaptation is still a change in the species, its just a word that creationists like to use so they dont have to say they believe in evolution, while watching the world change around them, catching a different strand of the flu and common cold every year.

now.. i have been doing research on life, the universe, and all that good stuff, for roughly 5-6 years now, when i started believing god was about as real as santa clause... and as i go further and futher into research, i ask people around me who believe in god (in a non threatening way) what they believe, vs what i believe.

now....

i find that, the more devoted to god the individual is, the more hocus pocus their world becomes. the more asinine their questions become. to the point where they believe that there is no way that rain could possibly fall on its own (just an example). people asking questions like... if we came from monkeys, then why are monkeys still here?

or...

i get the whole.. irreducible complexity speech. when realistically, you can remove one of my lungs, you can take my pancreas, one of my kidneys, a chunk of my liver, lop off my arms, legs, and half of my brain, and remove my apendex , and yea, id probably be in a severe condition, but i would still be alive. meaning that i could be born with out any of those things, and still be living. meaning my complexity was reduced. but before i go on even further, i have 2 videos here that i would like to share with you all.

the first one is one that i found on youtube that is actually the reason im posting this right now.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKA6vHx1Ur4

and the second one is one that i made myself targeted to individuals of faith as a wake up call... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERBZTDUzwH0

i did so of the wake up call cause i am sick and tired of people of faith preaching about acceptance of the people around them, but hating specific kinds of people as almost to say "i only accept difference, if that difference has a direct connetion to my beliefs"

~ TE3b
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:43 am
davros of skaroUser avatarPosts: 33Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:35 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: some things i just dont understand...

LOL! I think the first video is an Atheist Troll, or Poe.

Poe is from Nathan Poe, and basicly means saying stuff without a ;) , or a let on your joking is a Poe.

The vid did have some elements of creationist/religious belief, but way over the top.

I will now check out your other vid.
Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:49 am
davros of skaroUser avatarPosts: 33Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:35 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: some things i just dont understand...

Well obviously to you, and me logic alone destroys religion.It's still around, because people lack this, and is pushing indoctrinated on others.I propose more education (hence the fight in the classroom) readily available to would be seekers out of their indoctrination.Get the false info out of the way that makes people fall back to their beliefs that they come across on the internet.

That's my opinion.
Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:41 am
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion