Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Biological Underpinnings of Religiosity

[ 5 posts ] 
Biological Underpinnings of Religiosity
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1211Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Biological Underpinnings of Religiosity

This is a lecture by Robert Sapolsky. It's a part of a course that's posted on Stanford's YT channel but this one lecture wasn't included for some reason.

Lecture Collection | Human Behavioral Biology a link to a playlist containing all the lectures in that course (except the one I linked above).
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:51 pm
tuxboxLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 amLocation: Vero Beach Gender: Tree

Post Re: Biological Underpinnings of Religiosity

I'm 11:27 into this and it's a really long lecture. WarK, is this guy somehow trying put religiosity and mental illness in the same category? I will continue it at a later time, but I do not have the time to watch a hour and 20 minute video at this time.

*Edit*
I take it back. I am watching the whole thing. I find it interesting and the Prof is funny.

*Edit Again*

Great freakin video
"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." ~ Thomas Paine
Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:00 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2439Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Good stuff. Enjoyed it.
Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:06 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 3172Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Indeed - Sapolsky, along with Frans de Waal, are top-notch primatologists.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:36 pm
CollecemallPosts: 384Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

If you enjoyed that you should check out the following course https://www.coursera.org/learn/soulbeliefs

Free of course.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:52 am
 [ 5 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion