Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Dawah Films is Back

[ 64 posts ] 
Dawah Films is Back
JRChadwickLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 340Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:02 am

Post Re: Dawah Films is Back

I think he's done with us. Apparently, we are far too intellectually below him/
Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:49 am
CollecemallPosts: 384Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

I'm crushed. How will I RECOVER?He replied to my last post but like I said nothing else to say to him.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:02 am

It's so pathetic what these religious extremest do when confronted. Whether creationist or Muslim, they resort to the "you're too mean and stupid for my time!" instead of actually providing a response. And we all know why; they have no response.
Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:24 am

From session 2 "One in Three men in Sweeden have had sex with animals."
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:23 am

I haven't gotten through the other five parts yet.
Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:45 am
SpecialFrogUser avatarPosts: 827Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pmLocation: Great White North Gender: Tree

Collecemall wrote:From session 2 "One in Three men in Sweeden have had sex with animals."

What does he suggest people should have sex with? Maybe it's Kingdomist of me but I only have sex with animalia.
"Life is nothing but an electron looking for a place to rest" -- Albert Szent-Gyrgyi
Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:19 am

JRChadwick wrote:I haven't gotten through the other five parts yet.

I've suffered through the first two parts. Not sure I'm going to continue.
Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:30 am
aka Frank Lee SeauxUser avatarPosts: 11Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:58 am Gender: Male

SpecialFrog wrote:
Collecemall wrote:From session 2 "One in Three men in Sweeden have had sex with animals."

What does he suggest people should have sex with? Maybe it's Kingdomist of me but I only have sex with animalia.

Phytoplankton. If you've never had sex with phytoplankton, you don't know what you're missing.

P.S. I don't know what I'm missing either.
"What we will find in our search for truth will be determined by how we phrase the question, with what assumption and presuppositions we begin, and what feats of logic leaping we are willing to perform without a safety device."
Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:46 am

Even if that is true, how does that correlate with atheism?
Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:13 am

It's a ridiculous assertion. Probably based on the fact that they had not made it a criminal act until a year or two ago. I would think it much more likely to happen in deeply religious places that are sexually repressed. Not to point any fingers.....
Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:28 am
Steelmage99Posts: 197Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

I haven't watched part 2 yet.
I am surprised that he didn't bring up the huge number of rapes in Sweden*, when he brought up the animal-sex thing. It would seem lie an obvious (but false) correlation for him to make.

*The informed of us, of course know why it seems like there a lot of rapes in Sweden.
Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:18 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 3172Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

It would be interesting - and critical to his claim(s) - to find out from where he got this "one in three" figure...!?

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:10 pm
Steelmage99Posts: 197Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

It would be interesting - and critical to his claim(s) - to find out from where he got this "one in three" figure...!?

Kindest regards,

James

I have posed that very question in the comments on the video.
Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:39 pm

I imagine it's a made up figure based on the reality that Sweden didn't have a law against it up until a year or two ago.

EDIT: He says he got the info from the New York Post. Which is a tabloid site. You might inquire if he realizes that. At least he knows how to vet a source.... eh?
Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:04 pm

In his now deleted comments, he stated that we are too below him intellectually for him to continue to respond.
Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:37 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 3172Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Collecemall wrote:I imagine it's a made up figure based on the reality that Sweden didn't have a law against it up until a year or two ago.

EDIT: He says he got the info from the New York Post. Which is a tabloid site. You might inquire if he realizes that. At least he knows how to vet a source.... eh?

Having hunted online, I believe it's this article.

The "one-in-three" figure refers to the proportion of Swedes born outside the country - nothing to do with sex with animals.

The only mention of that is in relation to Danes, of whom 5% are alleged to have had sex with animals.

The fact is, there are no figures for sex with animals in Sweden: in 2006, a hundred suspected cases were reported.

Clearly, he's making it up.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:08 am

Yes that is the article he cited. From the NY Post which is a tabloid. He admits to getting it incorrect. He said 1 in 3 and the article says 5%. I suspect it's all bogus judging from many of the other articles on their site.
Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:05 am

Greetings,

The article was citing the recent book it features, so the "5%" figure for Danes is from that, as well as the "one-in-three" of Swedes born abroad.

Clearly, though, DF misrepresented the facts - whether by accident or intent is unknown.

Kindest regards,

James
The Age Of Reason
Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:43 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2439Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

JRChadwick wrote:Dawah Films is Back

You mis-spelled 'bollocks'.
Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:25 pm

He's since posted another link with the same data. After some reading and investigating they BOTH link back to a sensationalist book by Michael Booth. Of course how dare we point out he's using terrible sources to make some pretty offensive claims. You know, it's up to us to prove his claims are wrong.
Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:49 am
PreviousNext
 [ 64 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion