Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

OH BOY!!!! ICR coming to a town near me!!!

[ 10 posts ] 
OH BOY!!!! ICR coming to a town near me!!!
CollecemallPosts: 324Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Post OH BOY!!!! ICR coming to a town near me!!!

http://www.henrymorris3.com/events/sout ... onference/

Should I go subject myself to a day full of science distortion?
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:59 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3164Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: OH BOY!!!! ICR coming to a town near me!!!

Collecemall wrote:http://www.henrymorris3.com/events/southeast-creation-conference/

Should I go subject myself to a day full of science distortion?

If it were free, I would go. I would wear my Sagan, Tyson, science shirt.

_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:41 am
YIM WWW
surreptitious57Posts: 212Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:09 am Gender: Male

It says Birmingham and since I live there then I could actually go
Although I live in the other Birmingham so I do not have to ha ha
But seriously though I would go out of curiosity if it was in my city

A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:35 am

Tickets are $15.00 and it starts way too early in the morning. It's actually a little over an hour away. I might do it though. I can skip the first two sessions that are intro and worship I believe. If I end up going I'll report back.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:06 pm
JRChadwickLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 340Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:02 am

I've always wanted to get some footage from something like this. I would only go if I did not have to pay for entrance. I would not want to financially support such an organization.
Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:10 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3164Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Collecemall wrote:Tickets are $15.00 and it starts way too early in the morning. It's actually a little over an hour away. I might do it though. I can skip the first two sessions that are intro and worship I believe. If I end up going I'll report back.

Do not waste your money on that organization. For that price you can buy three large pumpkin spice lattes and be ten times happier.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:00 am
YIM WWW
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 221Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Why not just stick something pointy through your ears :lol:
Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:32 am

I figure for $15 they can't throw me out before lunch. But one can set goals right?
Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:53 am
malicious_blokeUser avatarPosts: 305Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 pmLocation: Proper Westcountry Gender: Male

Report them to police.

Make sure you play up the "religious extremists out to destroy our way of life" line.
[sarcasm ][/sarcasm ]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it
Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:25 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 677Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

malicious_bloke wrote:Report them to police.

Make sure you play up the "religious extremists out to destroy our way of life" line.

"Fundraiser for well organized religious extremists trying to force everyone to live their life as per their religious law." :D
Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:42 pm
 [ 10 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion