Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Should we respect all religions?

[ 26 posts ] 
Should we respect all religions?
Grumpy SantaPosts: 382Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Should we respect all religions?

Some religions are worthy of offering a respectful nod to, for example, Wiccans, because they tend to keep to themselves and not attempt to force their views on others. The rest however, those that feel this tingling in their loins to try and convert everyone else to their religion or worse, those that try to manipulate societies by forcing their beliefs on the unwilling (laws, education obstruction, etc.) are worthy of no respect however.
Scientists don't believe. They conclude based on evidence.
Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:29 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 667Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Gnug215 wrote:
Which religion? I suppose it's a toss up between Islam and Christianity at this point... mostly because they're the biggest and most influential. Sure, them muslamic rayguns seem the obvious choice with all them's there bombs, by terror and violence are not the only dangers that I see.

What about you? I don't suppose you see any danger in the religion you're a part of?
If the Christian God is real, it gives a dangerous opportunity for people to misrepresent him.
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:11 pm

thenexttodie wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:
Which religion? I suppose it's a toss up between Islam and Christianity at this point... mostly because they're the biggest and most influential. Sure, them muslamic rayguns seem the obvious choice with all them's there bombs, by terror and violence are not the only dangers that I see.

What about you? I don't suppose you see any danger in the religion you're a part of?
If the Christian God is real, it gives a dangerous opportunity for people to misrepresent him.

Swap "Christian God" with the name of any god.
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:59 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 667Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Grumpy Santa wrote:

Ok..now what?
Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:24 pm

thenexttodie wrote:
Grumpy Santa wrote:

Ok..now what?

It's all the same.
Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:57 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2536Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

thenexttodie wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:

And yet, even though he isn't real, people have still used many an opportunity to misrepresent him.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:51 pm
Previous
 [ 26 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion