Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they ...

[ 92 posts ] 
A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they ...
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:
Would you suffer more than Jesus did, dying on the cross, just because you were not allowed to have anal sex with another man?

So Jesus is now the gold standard of suffering? As if there aren't many methods of torture and execution that aren't worse?

And for all you know, he didn't suffer at all. Here I'm not trying to say he didn't exist or wasn't the son of God, but if we assume the myth to be actually true, well, he was God, so he could easily have assuaged his own suffering.

Beyond that, I'm sure many gays have suffered even more than that at the hands of (usually) religous fanatics who have deemed it right to punish behavior that has nothing to do with them.

You also have to keep in mind that you're comparing 1 guy on a cross with MILLIONS of people, living in some degree of agony.

But with all that said, does 3 days on a cross compare to a lifetime of, granted, a different kind of suffering?
Can you imagine the mental anguish of trying to hide your passion from all of society for all your life? Ever worrying that they might find out and - at best - ostracize you, or otherwise punish or even kill you?
Do you even know what it is like to systematically have to suppress one of the core components of your personality? That part of you that decides to whom you're attracted?
Well... I mean... for all we know, maybe you do know.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed May 24, 2017 10:13 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 177Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

thenexttodie wrote:Would you suffer more than Jesus did, dying on the cross, just because you were not allowed to have anal sex with another man?

Not only you are evil, i think you are fucking dumb as well. Hows that for an answer?
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Wed May 24, 2017 10:31 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

I think I speak for almost everyone when I say we suffer more than Jesus did when reading your inane flame bait.
Wed May 24, 2017 10:47 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

leroy wrote:Well we all suppress our sexual desires......

Not everyone has them. #AsexualsRepresentYo
Wed May 24, 2017 10:51 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

thenexttodie wrote:
leroy wrote:when gay (bisexual) people talk about suppressing their sexuality, they make it seem as if they are being asked to do something impossible,

thenexttodie wrote:It's almost as if gays really believe they would suffer more than Jesus if they were not allowed to have sex with other men.

Bango Skank wrote:Strawman.

Would you suffer more than Jesus did, dying on the cross, just because you were not allowed to have anal sex with another man?

Firstly, I note you didn't answer my question to you on the previous page.

Secondly, you don't appear to have read/absorbed my post on sexuality.

And thirdly, assuming you're heterosexual, would you suffer if you weren't allowed to have sex with a woman?

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Thu May 25, 2017 12:05 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

thenexttodie wrote:Would you suffer more than Jesus did, dying on the cross, just because you were not allowed to have anal sex with another man?

Firstly, I note you didn't answer my question to you on the previous page.

Secondly, you don't appear to have read/absorbed my post on sexuality.

And thirdly, assuming you're heterosexual, would you suffer if you weren't allowed to have sex with a woman?

Kindest regards,

James

Even moreso, he seems to imply that it would be possible for him to suppress even FEELING attracted to women without suffering.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Thu May 25, 2017 7:03 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Agreed.

Here's a recent BBC article linking eight others on sexuality.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Thu May 25, 2017 2:08 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 177Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

thenexttodie wrote:
Bango Skank wrote:Do you mean that you don't want to talk about Bible & abortion anymore?
Sure we can talk about it more! In your last post you said it might have required a supernatural thing and that you do not believe in the supernatural. I am just not sure how to respond this.

You pretty clearly dismissed that there could be a supernatural aspect on it (how ironic). You also reject that there could be a natural explanation for it. Because of these reasons, you claim that these passages cant be instructions how to perform abortion & making woman infertile.

You dismiss supernatural & natural aspects in the bible if they dont fit your agenda. How convenient.
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Thu May 25, 2017 10:13 pm
Grumpy SantaPosts: 382Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm Gender: Male

Dragan Glas wrote:

Kindest regards,

James

Yes.

Yes I would.
Scientists don't believe. They conclude based on evidence.
Fri May 26, 2017 2:06 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Bango Skank wrote:
Not only you are evil, i think you are fucking dumb as well. Hows that for an answer?

Why do you think I am evil? DO you think I am as evil as the person who just nail-bombed 20 people to death in the UK? More evil or less?
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 3:39 pm

Bango Skank wrote:
You pretty clearly dismissed that there could be a supernatural aspect on it (how ironic). You also reject that there could be a natural explanation for it. Because of these reasons, you claim that these passages cant be instructions how to perform abortion & making woman infertile.

You dismiss supernatural & natural aspects in the bible if they dont fit your agenda. How convenient.

Listen dude, Your the one who is arguing that they are instuctions on how to abort a baby. Not me.

If you are trying to prove a point, by giving an example God killing unborn babies so that you can say abortion is a good thing or should be legal or whatever. I don't see how anything in Numbers 5 would prove that point.

Has God killed unborn babies before? I would say yes. Presumably 1000's were killed in the flood.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 pm

thenexttodie wrote:
Bango Skank wrote:

Why do you think I am evil? DO you think I am as evil as the person who just nail-bombed 20 people to death in the UK? More evil or less?

I think calling you evil is to credit you with a level of cognitive ability you've not demonstrated during your time posting here.
Fri May 26, 2017 4:04 pm

deleted
Last edited by thenexttodie on Fri May 26, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fri May 26, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm just going to leave this here, as a last reminder.

thenexttodie wrote:
Prolescum wrote:thenexttodie, which of these paths would you like to take?

1) If you continue provoking other members with inane, pointless waffle, as appears in this and several other threads, you will receive a series of progressively longer periods with no posting privileges. This is your current direction.

Understood. I will try to change this.
Fri May 26, 2017 4:25 pm

australopithecus wrote:I'm just going to leave this here, as a last reminder...

Ok then.

Dragan Glas, when you said "woman" in your above post, did you mean "female"?

(Is that ok?) I will delete my other post.
Fri May 26, 2017 4:54 pm

thenexttodie wrote:Listen dude, Your the one who is arguing that they are instuctions on how to abort a baby. Not me.

Yes, and you dismissed it with some strange reasoning.

thenexttodie wrote:If you are trying to prove a point, by giving an example God killing unborn babies so that you can say abortion is a good thing or should be legal or whatever. I don't see how anything in Numbers 5 would prove that point.

You said initially "...and the slaughter of unborn babies" as if you think its immoral. I was pointing about bible's pro abortion position and was curious why do you think it's immoral.
Last edited by Bango Skank on Fri May 26, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fri May 26, 2017 5:04 pm

thenexttodie wrote:
Bango Skank wrote:

You tried to do this measurement with the suffering and now with this. This is not some competition.
Fri May 26, 2017 5:28 pm

thenexttodie wrote:If you are trying to prove a point, by giving an example God killing unborn babies so that you can say abortion is a good thing or should be legal or whatever. I don't see how anything in Numbers 5 would prove that point.

Bango Skank wrote:You said initially "...and the slaughter of unborn babies" as if you think its immoral.

I see, When I said that, I was referring to abortion, I should have been more clear. Nonetheless you agreed that God would have to the authoritiy to end all of our lives, including the lives of unborn children, did you not?

Bango Skank wrote: I was pointing about bible's pro abortion position and was curious why do you think it's immoral. I mean you have defended bible's stand on laws against homosexuality and pro slavery. Why not add abortion too?
Right. The Bible obviously is against homosexuality. So you would have a special interest in trying to show that God is immoral. This is why you would like to be able to present Numbers 5 as "instructions for abortion" Right?
Fri May 26, 2017 7:17 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 838Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

thenexttodie wrote: The Bible obviously is against homosexuality. So you would have a special interest in trying to show that God is immoral.

Not necessarily, you showed that god is immoral to my satisfaction repeatedly but I don't think you happen to have a special interest in showing it.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Fri May 26, 2017 7:22 pm

thenexttodie wrote:I see, When I said that, I was referring to abortion, I should have been more clear. Nonetheless you agreed that God would have to the authoritiy to end all of our lives, including the lives of unborn children, did you not?

I know. So you have no problem with abortion.

thenexttodie wrote:Right. The Bible obviously is against homosexuality. So you would have a special interest in trying to show that God is immoral.

I dont need that specific thing to show that. That law is immoral.

thenexttodie wrote: This is why you would like to be able to present Numbers 5 as "instructions for abortion" Right?

Wrong, i'm just pointing out bible's pro position on abortion.
Fri May 26, 2017 7:30 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 92 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion