Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 4 of 5
 [ 92 posts ] 
A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they ...
Author Message
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Greetings,

thenexttodie wrote:
australopithecus wrote:I'm just going to leave this here, as a last reminder...


Ok then.

Dragan Glas, when you said "woman" in your above post, did you mean "female"?

(Is that ok?) I will delete my other post.

Given that you're heterosexual, I said woman - as you would think ot it.

Kindest regards,

James
Image
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Fri May 26, 2017 7:48 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Bango Skank wrote:
You tried to do this measurement with the suffering and now with this. This is not some competition.


In America it seems not that uncommon for a gay man do something like spray paint "Die Fag" on his own car and then call the police. Or they will do something like, buy a cake from a store and then take cake home and write something on it an then call the police or the news.

What do you think about that?
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 8:02 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

I think you're talking unsubstantiated bollocks. Care to cite your evidence for that?

I also think it's entirely a non-sequitur given the context of discussion. Stay on topic. I'm not asking.
Image
Fri May 26, 2017 8:04 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 177Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:
Bango Skank wrote:
You tried to do this measurement with the suffering and now with this. This is not some competition.


In America it seems not that uncommon for a gay man do something like spray paint "Die Fag" on his own car and then call the police. Or they will do something like, buy a cake from a store and then take cake home and write something on it an then call the police or the news.

What do you think about that?


Nice dodge. You seem to be desperate to find any reason to dismiss legitimacy of gays suffering.
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Fri May 26, 2017 8:09 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

australopithecus wrote:I think you're talking unsubstantiated bollocks. Care to cite your evidence for that?


There are many. I believe it is not permitted to report cases of fake hate crimes in the UK.

In the US it still is permitted.

Image

The above is Mari Poindexter. She punched herself in the eye and made up story about being attacked by anti-gays.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 8:39 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie,

You're still dodging and weaving around all the pertinent and relevant questions, and only asking trollbait-y crap in return.

Your time here seems limited.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri May 26, 2017 8:44 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Fantastic. You're learning. It's called evidence, so try it more often.

Though when you say "it is permitted" what you should have said "it isn't permitted, which is why she was charged with a criminal offence, fined and given 6 months probation" (https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/03/les ... ing-story/). I'll assume you got confused and left that part out by accident.

Now, that's one. You said many. I'd press you for more but seeing as this is an entire non-sequitur anyway, perhaps you'd like to continue on topic and answer Bango's original question?
Image
Fri May 26, 2017 8:51 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 838Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:There are many. I believe it is not permitted to report cases of fake hate crimes in the UK.

In the US it still is permitted.

We care really little about what you believe, have you not figured that out? You made an assertion saying it is not uncommon. You just showed it was you talking out of your ass by citing 1 case (guess what, 1 case does not fit the definition of "not uncommon")

Now that this is settled why not answer the rest of the questions? Or do you want to troll again?

The whole original point of this thread was about "Why do some theists troll rather than act like god exists", so at least thanks for keeping on topic.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Fri May 26, 2017 8:55 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

australopithecus wrote:Fantastic. You're learning. It's called evidence, so try it more often.

Though when you say "it is permitted" what you should have said "it isn't permitted,


I never the said "it is permitted" anywhere in my above post. So I don't know what you are talking about.

I had to switch to a different web browser to make it easier for me to post more examples. So I am just gonna post some more.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 8:59 pm
AkamiaUser avatar
Online
Posts: 87Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 pmLocation: Alaska Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:
australopithecus wrote:Fantastic. You're learning. It's called evidence, so try it more often.

Though when you say "it is permitted" what you should have said "it isn't permitted,


I never the said "it is permitted" anywhere in my above post. So I don't know what you are talking about.


Remember when you said this?

thenexttodie wrote:
australopithecus wrote:I think you're talking unsubstantiated bollocks. Care to cite your evidence for that?


There are many. I believe it is not permitted to report cases of fake hate crimes in the UK.

In the US it still is permitted.


That bolded sentence? That's what Australopithecus is referring to.
The very thing that gives us humans our advanced cognitive abilities can also be our greatest weakness.
Fri May 26, 2017 9:02 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Image

Here is a picture of Jordan Brown. He is a gay man who wrote the word "Fag" on his own cake.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 9:05 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:
australopithecus wrote:Fantastic. You're learning. It's called evidence, so try it more often.

Though when you say "it is permitted" what you should have said "it isn't permitted,


I never the said "it is permitted" anywhere in my above post. So I don't know what you are talking about.

I had to switch to a different web browser to make it easier for me to post more examples. So I am just gonna post some more.


Pretty sure copy/paste works in all browsers, but again, that's irrelevant because it's not the topic that was under discussion. This is just your little attempt to control the conversation by ignoring questions and it's not going to work. Answer Bango's original question.
Image
Fri May 26, 2017 9:06 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Image

Nate Stang was a gay man in Indiana who spray painted Nazi slurs and "Fag Church" on an LGBT friendly chrich that he was a member of.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 9:27 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

australopithecus wrote:.... but again, that's irrelevant because it's not the topic that was under discussion. This is just your little attempt to control the conversation by ignoring questions and it's not going to work. Answer Bango's original question.
Image
Fri May 26, 2017 9:28 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

australopithecus wrote:
Pretty sure copy/paste works in all browsers, but again, that's irrelevant because it's not the topic that was under discussion. This is just your little attempt to control the conversation by ignoring questions and it's not going to work. Answer Bango's original question.


Edge browser does not give an option for copy image location. Which of bangos questions are refering to?

I am posting names and faces of gay people who made fake up fake hate crimes.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 9:54 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

You posted 3. 3 is not many.

If you're confused as to what the topic was before you derailed it, feel free to scroll back to before you derailed it. I'm not here to babysit you, I assume you're ostensibly an adult.
Image
Fri May 26, 2017 9:57 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

australopithecus wrote:You posted 3. 3 is not many.

If you're confused as to what the topic was before you derailed it, feel free to scroll back to before you derailed it. I'm not here to babysit you, I assume you're ostensibly an adult.


You were the one who suggested I had no source.

Is it ok with you if I continue to name face or source every instance that made a major news story, in the US, since 2014?
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 10:07 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Akamia wrote:

That bolded sentence? That's what Australopithecus is referring to.


I have no idea what your fucking point is?
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri May 26, 2017 10:11 pm
AkamiaUser avatar
Online
Posts: 87Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 pmLocation: Alaska Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:
Akamia wrote:

That bolded sentence? That's what Australopithecus is referring to.


I have no idea what your fucking point is?

And you're a rotten liar.

But I think I agree with Australopithecus; this is irrelevant. Answer Bango's questions.
The very thing that gives us humans our advanced cognitive abilities can also be our greatest weakness.
Fri May 26, 2017 10:13 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:
You were the one who suggested I had no source.


On the contrary, I proactively asked for your source.

australopithecus wrote:I think you're talking unsubstantiated bollocks. Care to cite your evidence for that?


thenexttodie wrote:Is it ok with you if I continue to name face or source every instance that made a major news story, in the US, since 2014?


See below.

australopithecus wrote:.... but again, that's irrelevant because it's not the topic that was under discussion. This is just your little attempt to control the conversation by ignoring questions and it's not going to work. Answer Bango's original question.
Image
Fri May 26, 2017 10:14 pm
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 4 of 5
 [ 92 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
cron