Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 5
 [ 92 posts ] 
A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they ...
Author Message
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Bango Skank wrote:
Except in Numbers at least. Btw, this is not something i made myself up. This was an ancient jewish thought. Outside from the bible there is at least one ancient rabbinic commentary about this, but i cant remember where it was atm.


I know it's not something you just made up yourself. If I find something I can source that will help your case, I will post it here.

But you realize that if we were to replicate today the ceremony involved in Numbers 5, even with a pregnant women, it would not result in an abortive pregnancy. So these are not, as you said, instructions on how to perform an abortion.

I must finish the rest of this post later
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Tue May 23, 2017 9:23 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 180Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:But you realize that if we were to replicate today the ceremony involved in Numbers 5, even with a pregnant women, it would not result in an abortive pregnancy.


Yes, because i dont believe the supernatural element, but hey, maybe it worked back then.

thenexttodie wrote:So these are not, as you said, instructions on how to perform an abortion.


According to bible it is. I of course dont believe it, because i dont believe in magic / supernatural.
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Tue May 23, 2017 10:05 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Ok Bango, I guess we can talk about the other thing now.

If tomorrow, govenments began to institude the death penalty for the crime of homosexuality, I don't believe they should kill you because you anally violated another man the week before. You should be given the opportunity to make a value judgement based on this new penalty first ,where you would decide whether or not it is worth risking your life to put your penis in another mans butt.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Wed May 24, 2017 12:35 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Thin ice creaks.
Image
Wed May 24, 2017 12:56 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2959Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Greetings,

You mean like homosexuals being caned in Aceh, thenexttodie?

What if homophobia was outlawed, and punishable by the most excruciating death possible - would you change your attitude or just keep resentfully quiet?

In contrast, Taiwan looks to be the first Asian country to legalize same-sex marriage.

Kindest regards,

James
Image
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Wed May 24, 2017 2:05 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Never will I understand the fascination some people have with what consenting adults do with their genitals.
Image
Wed May 24, 2017 2:12 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 848Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

australopithecus wrote:Never will I understand the fascination some people have with what consenting adults do with their genitals.

Fascination or obsession?

Setting aside thenexttodie's obsession with sexual organs, he keeps on demonstrating the original point over and over again but has yet to make any logical explanation of it.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Wed May 24, 2017 2:51 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 180Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:Ok Bango, I guess we can talk about the other thing now.


Do you mean that you don't want to talk about Bible & abortion anymore?

thenexttodie wrote:If tomorrow, govenments began to institude the death penalty for the crime of homosexuality, I don't believe they should kill you because you anally violated another man the week before. You should be given the opportunity to make a value judgement based on this new penalty first ,where you would decide whether or not it is worth risking your life to put your penis in another mans butt.


Some bigoted law would not miraculously stop me from being bisexual. I personally think that a life where i must suppress my sexuality because fear of execution is not worth living in a long run. So yeah, id probably take that risk if the other guy i care about would be willing too. I rather live even a brief time of happiness than decades in constant misery.

And Id never blame myself of being bisexual when facing the firing squad. I didn't chose my sexuality, but they chose to kill me for it.
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Wed May 24, 2017 5:29 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:Ok Bango, I guess we can talk about the other thing now.


Bango Skank wrote:Do you mean that you don't want to talk about Bible & abortion anymore?
Sure we can talk about it more! In your last post you said it might have required a supernatural thing and that you do not believe in the supernatural. I am just not sure how to respond this.

thenexttodie wrote: If tomorrow, govenments began to institude the death penalty for the crime of homosexuality, I don't believe they should kill you because you anally violated another man the week before. You should be given the opportunity to make a value judgement based on this new penalty first ,where you would decide whether or not it is worth risking your life to put your penis in another mans butt.


Bango Skank wrote:Some bigoted law would not miraculously stop me from being bisexual.
It might, and it might persuade others not be like you.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Wed May 24, 2017 6:20 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 848Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote: It might, and it might persuade others not be like you.

Do you read what you write? I'm wondering because this is profoundly stupid if you take more than a second to think about it. Do you spot it now?
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Wed May 24, 2017 6:28 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3346Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

MarsCydonia wrote:
thenexttodie wrote: It might, and it might persuade others not be like you.

Do you read what you write? I'm wondering because this is profoundly stupid if you take more than a second to think about it. Do you spot it now?


:docpalm:

Image
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Wed May 24, 2017 6:37 pm
YIM WWW
leroyPosts: 1795Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Bango Skank wrote:Some bigoted law would not miraculously stop me from being bisexual. I personally think that a life where i must suppress my sexuality because fear of execution is not worth living in a long run. So yeah, id probably take that risk if the other guy i care about would be willing too. I rather live even a brief time of happiness than decades in constant misery.

And Id never blame myself of being bisexual when facing the firing squad. I didn't chose my sexuality, but they chose to kill me for it.



Well we all suppress our sexual desires.......

ether because fulfilling your desires would be morally wrong (adultery, pedophilia, rape etc.) or because you are to stupid and ugly to have sex with any woman you desire,


when gay (bisexual) people talk about suppressing their sexuality, they make it seem as if they are being asked to do something impossible,
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed May 24, 2017 7:19 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 848Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

leroy wrote:Well we all suppress our sexual desires.......

ether because fulfilling your desires would be morally wrong (adultery, pedophilia, rape etc.) or because you are to stupid and ugly to have sex with any woman you desire

That says a lot about our resident christian trolls, doesn't it? It explains a lot.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Wed May 24, 2017 7:26 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2565Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

leroy wrote:
Well we all suppress our sexual desires.......

ether because fulfilling your desires would be morally wrong (adultery, pedophilia, rape etc.) or because you are to stupid and ugly to have sex with any woman you desire,


when gay (bisexual) people talk about suppressing their sexuality, they make it seem as if they are being asked to do something impossible,



Leroy, are you sexually attracted to women?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed May 24, 2017 8:26 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 180Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

leroy wrote:when gay (bisexual) people talk about suppressing their sexuality, they make it seem as if they are being asked to do something impossible,


For me it would not be impossible (but no point for doing that) but would surely cause severe mental health issues, which could possibly result me harming myself or the others.

Sexuality is not just about sexual intercouse, it includes other stuff like kissing, cuddling, spending time together with differend activities, general love and attraction for the other.
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Wed May 24, 2017 8:37 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2565Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:Ok Bango, I guess we can talk about the other thing now.

If tomorrow, govenments began to institude the death penalty for the crime of homosexuality, I don't believe they should kill you because you anally violated another man the week before. You should be given the opportunity to make a value judgement based on this new penalty first ,where you would decide whether or not it is worth risking your life to put your penis in another mans butt.


Ok first of all, violating someone is illegal whether it's anally or not. I reaaaaally hope you know this already.

Second, I know this is a hypothetical, but why don't we just look at reality instead?
There ARE places where there's a death penalty for the "crime" (Btw, you didn't put "crime" in citation marks, so... are you trying to say that you think it is an actual crime? Or did you just mean that it is a crime in those places where they put laws in place that make it a crime?), and yet people are still risking it.
What does this tell you?

Third, do you personally think homosexuality (and/or anal sex) should be a criminal offense?
If so, why? And beyond any personal reasons you may have, what would be some reasons for society to ban it? I mean, whom does it harm?
If not, then do you condemn the countries that do this? And if so, for what reasons?

Fourth, I just gotta ask.... WHAT is this OBSESSION with sex and homosexuality (... and anal sex, I guess) in particular?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed May 24, 2017 9:15 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

leroy wrote:when gay (bisexual) people talk about suppressing their sexuality, they make it seem as if they are being asked to do something impossible,


It's almost as if gays really believe they would suffer more than Jesus if they were not allowed to have sex with other men.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Wed May 24, 2017 9:34 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 180Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

thenexttodie wrote:
leroy wrote:when gay (bisexual) people talk about suppressing their sexuality, they make it seem as if they are being asked to do something impossible,


It's almost as if gays really believe they would suffer more than Jesus if they were not allowed to have sex with other men.


Strawman.
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Wed May 24, 2017 9:36 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 848Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

Bango Skank wrote:Strawman.

I would have went with pointless and completely moronic.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Wed May 24, 2017 9:41 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: A blunder that theists make all the time... Or how they

leroy wrote:when gay (bisexual) people talk about suppressing their sexuality, they make it seem as if they are being asked to do something impossible,


thenexttodie wrote:It's almost as if gays really believe they would suffer more than Jesus if they were not allowed to have sex with other men.


Bango Skank wrote:Strawman.


Would you suffer more than Jesus did, dying on the cross, just because you were not allowed to have anal sex with another man?
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 pm
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 5
 [ 92 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
cron