Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Evolution Hates Atheists.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 13
 [ 254 posts ] 
Evolution Hates Atheists.
Author Message
leroyPosts: 1744Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Evolution Hates Atheists.

Evolution Hates Atheists.

A brief article that I found on google talks about studies that conclude that religious people are more likely to have children than non religious people,


Do Religious People Have More Children Than the Non-Religious?......
A recent study conducted by the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B analyzed over 3.6 million women of different faiths across 32 countries, and concluded that religious people are more likely to have more children than non-religious ones

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/do-re ... yCW5jpg.99


this means that there is a selective benefit that favors religious believes and that any chemical in our brain that cause believe in God (even if delusory), would be favored by natural selection.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:50 pm
surreptitious57Posts: 223Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:09 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

The title of this thread Evolution Hates Atheists is completely ridiculous because it is not capable of conveying emotion. Now you no
doubt intended it to be metaphorical rather than literal but it is still equally ridiculous. Also there is absolutely no reason why atheists
cannot have as many children as theists. The fact they do have children invalidates your claim that God belief is favoured by natural
selection. Since they are still passing on their genes regardless. Also it is a non sequitur for one has got nothing to do with the other

A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

Ok Leroy, here's a title for another thread:


"God Hates Christians."


Because he's killing and tormenting them constantly.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:47 am
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 834Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

Gnug215 wrote:"God Hates Christians."

Let's not forget about Reality too ;)
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:11 pm
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 774Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

Gnug215 wrote:Ok Leroy, here's a title for another thread:


"God Hates Christians."


Because he's killing and tormenting them constantly.

And only Christians because God has never, ever done anything even slightly negative to me, or any other atheist for that matter.

P.S. Just because theists outbreed atheists that doesn't mean that theism is right.
Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:30 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 834Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

leroy wrote:Evolution Hates Atheists.

this means that there is a selective benefit that favors religious believes and that any chemical in our brain that cause believe in God (even if delusory), would be favored by natural selection.

This is a good exemple of what happens when a someone looks at an article, see someone that draws an emotional response from him/her but does not think through.

"this means that there is a selective benefit that favors religious believes and that any chemical in our brain that cause believe in Allah (even if delusory), would be favored by natural selection".

Christians may have more children than atheists but muslims have more children than christians.

Could the reason be more complex than "Evolution Hates Christians"? Or should we stick to moronic baiting attempts because you have to be a complete moron to think a "genetic belief in god" is what is being favoured here.

Leory, making the blunder theists make all the time since he discovered the internet.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:47 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

Greetings,

leroy wrote:Evolution Hates Atheists.

A brief article that I found on google talks about studies that conclude that religious people are more likely to have children than non religious people,


Do Religious People Have More Children Than the Non-Religious?......
A recent study conducted by the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B analyzed over 3.6 million women of different faiths across 32 countries, and concluded that religious people are more likely to have more children than non-religious ones

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/do-re ... yCW5jpg.99


this means that there is a selective benefit that favors religious believes and that any chemical in our brain that cause believe in God (even if delusory), would be favored by natural selection.

I'm not sure why you believe that evolution "hates" atheists based on these studies - this appears to be a case of what I call "Chicken Little Syndrome", aka the fallacy of hasty generalization.

It should be noted that these are multi-faith studies, so "God" is not necessarily relevant here.

The most likely to have children are reported to be Jews and mainline Protestants - the least likely being Buddhists (though it doesn't specify which type, those who don't believe in gods or those who do).

Atheists are second last.

One could just as easily infer that the most "promiscuous" are religious people, whilst the least promiscuous are non-believers.

Or that the most uncaring of whether they can support so many children or not are religious, as the last paragraph implies:

"the fertility difference between seculars and religious adherents is so great, it overwhelms the attrition rate among religious believers and the pass-on rate of religious believers to their children.
.
You see how that goes?

Kindest regards,

James
Image
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:13 pm
leroyPosts: 1744Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

surreptitious57 wrote:The title of this thread Evolution Hates Atheists is completely ridiculous because it is not capable of conveying emotion. Now you no
doubt intended it to be metaphorical rather than literal but it is still equally ridiculous. Also there is absolutely no reason why atheists
cannot have as many children as theists. The fact they do have children invalidates your claim that God belief is favoured by natural
selection. Since they are still passing on their genes regardless. Also it is a non sequitur for one has got nothing to do with the other



An atheist is like a slow Zebra, sure it can reproduce and have kids but they are less likely to do it than a fast zebra that can scape from predators, in evolution anything that makes you more likely to reproduce should be interpreted as something beneficial, and something that limits reproduction should be interpreted as a something bad



what the article is saying is that theist are more likely to reproduce therefore any chemicals in your brain that cause a God Delusion would be beneficial and selected by natural selection ,
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:43 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

leroy wrote:
An atheist is like a slow Zebra, sure it can reproduce and have kids but they are less likely to do it than a fast zebra that can scape from predators, in evolution anything that makes you more likely to reproduce should be interpreted as something beneficial, and something that limits reproduction should be interpreted as a something bad



what the article is saying is that theist are more likely to reproduce therefore any chemicals in your brain that cause a God Delusion would be beneficial and selected by natural selection ,



So?

No, really. So what?

What is your point here?

Other than making yourself sound really unintelligent and emotionally immature, what is your bloody point with all this??

It reaaaaally sounds like you're trying to make "evolution" into some kind of living entity, some kind of atheistic god, which you then think doesn't care about atheists.

Are you really this obtuse?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:46 am
Grumpy SantaPosts: 382Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

leroy wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:The title of this thread Evolution Hates Atheists is completely ridiculous because it is not capable of conveying emotion. Now you no
doubt intended it to be metaphorical rather than literal but it is still equally ridiculous. Also there is absolutely no reason why atheists
cannot have as many children as theists. The fact they do have children invalidates your claim that God belief is favoured by natural
selection. Since they are still passing on their genes regardless. Also it is a non sequitur for one has got nothing to do with the other



An atheist is like a slow Zebra, sure it can reproduce and have kids but they are less likely to do it than a fast zebra that can scape from predators, in evolution anything that makes you more likely to reproduce should be interpreted as something beneficial, and something that limits reproduction should be interpreted as a something bad



what the article is saying is that theist are more likely to reproduce therefore any chemicals in your brain that cause a God Delusion would be beneficial and selected by natural selection ,


The major flaw with this concept is that a significant number of atheists are the offspring of Christians who then subsequently deconverted. So while atheists may not be breeding as fast as Christians that's no big deal... Christian breeding is taking up the slack my making more future atheists.
Scientists don't believe. They conclude based on evidence.
Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:58 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

leroy wrote:
An atheist is like a slow Zebra, sure it can reproduce and have kids but they are less likely to do it than a fast zebra that can scape from predators, in evolution anything that makes you more likely to reproduce should be interpreted as something beneficial, and something that limits reproduction should be interpreted as a something bad





Gnug215 wrote: So?

No, really. So what?

What is your point here?


I think his point is that it is ironic that women seem to find Christians more suitable for mating with than they do Atheists...which it is.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:14 pm
leroyPosts: 1744Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

Gnug215 wrote:
leroy wrote:
An atheist is like a slow Zebra, sure it can reproduce and have kids but they are less likely to do it than a fast zebra that can scape from predators, in evolution anything that makes you more likely to reproduce should be interpreted as something beneficial, and something that limits reproduction should be interpreted as a something bad



what the article is saying is that theist are more likely to reproduce therefore any chemicals in your brain that cause a God Delusion would be beneficial and selected by natural selection ,



So?

No, really. So what?

What is your point here?

Other than making yourself sound really unintelligent and emotionally immature, what is your bloody point with all this??

It reaaaaally sounds like you're trying to make "evolution" into some kind of living entity, some kind of atheistic god, which you then think doesn't care about atheists.

Are you really this obtuse?



It is simply ironic. I have no mayor point.


I simply find it Ironic that if this atheist flag (evolution) where ture atheist will disappear.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Last edited by leroy on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:27 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 834Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

I am in the opinion that we should stop acknowledging trolls when they say something completely moronic because they are under the impression that they said something intelligent.

I know I gave them too much of the benefit of the doubt myself.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:12 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

One of the first commandments God ever gave was to have a lot of sex and make children.

Atheists, will of course, be infatuated with every idea they can think of which might prevent this from happening.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:20 pm
leroyPosts: 1744Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

It is a fact that religious people are more likely to reproduce than atheist


and it is a fact that natural selection favors those that are better in reproducing,


whether if you find this ironic or not is a matter of personal opinion,
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:12 pm
Nesslig20User avatarPosts: 260Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:44 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

leroy wrote:Evolution Hates Atheists.
A brief article that I found on google talks about studies that conclude that religious people are more likely to have children than non religious people,

Do Religious People Have More Children Than the Non-Religious?......
A recent study conducted by the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B analyzed over 3.6 million women of different faiths across 32 countries, and concluded that religious people are more likely to have more children than non-religious ones

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/do-re ... yCW5jpg.99

this means that there is a selective benefit that favors religious believes and that any chemical in our brain that cause believe in God (even if delusory), would be favored by natural selection.


No it actually doesn't. The main point you are missing is that correlation doesn't mean causation. Religious belief doesn't necessarily translate into increase fertility. Secondly, bear in mind that religious belief isn't passed on genetically, thus natural selection cannot have an affect on it. Nor is belief in God (with a capital G) either, which is evident by the existence of independent religions, whose followers also have lots of babies, include completely different gods or no gods at all.

Can religion spread culturally by promoting its followers to breed like rabbits? Sure. Although the most likely explanation that the religious are less likely to use something called "contraception" and have "sex-education" compared to the non-religious. Thus the non-religious are more likely to use counter measures that prevent unwanted pregnancies and only have kids when they want to, typically when they have planned to have kids and are thus prepared to give them a high quality upbringing. This also explains why things like teenage-pregnancies and unwanted pregnancies in general are typically found among the religious, which leads to the following that kids that are raised by non-religious are often better of than being raised religiously in terms of having a good sense of empathy and altruism and being tolerant and less hateful to others.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-oe-011 ... story.html
https://news.uchicago.edu/article/2015/ ... tudy-finds
And also having a better education.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... us-groups/
and that is not mentioning the likelihood that parent neglect to give health care to their children in favor of the belief in the power of prayer, which can result in the death of their kids and it sadly often does.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... dical-help

So having kids between the religious and the non-religious is a matter of quantity vs quality. I favor quality.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
Charles Darwin
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:05 pm
leroyPosts: 1744Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

Nesslig20 wrote:No it actually doesn't. The main point you are missing is that correlation doesn't mean causation.



granted, not necessarily, but atleast according to you and your comments, in this case we do have causation, not just correlation.


Nesslig20 wrote:Can religion spread culturally by promoting its followers to breed like rabbits? Sure. Although the most likely explanation that the religious are less likely to use something called "contraception" and have "sex-education" compared to the non-religious. Thus the non-religious are more likely to use counter measures that prevent unwanted pregnancies and only have kids when they want to, typically when they have planned to have kids and are thus prepared to give them a high quality upbringing


here yo go, you already provided a causal explanation for it.



Nesslig20 wrote:So having kids between the religious and the non-religious is a matter of quantity vs quality. I favor quality.


sure, but evolution and natural selection prefer quantity over what you would call quality,


don't get me wrong, I am not a religious person, and I am personally pro quality (as you call it) ...........I just find it ironic that evolution prefers religious people rather than atheist


.

Secondly, bear in mind that religious belief isn't passed on genetically, thus natural selection cannot have an affect on it. Nor is belief in God (with a capital G) either, which is evident by the existence of independent religions, whose followers also have lots of babies, include completely different gods or no gods at all.



well many scholars believe that we are born with a religious instinct.


besides religious experiences are suppose to be delusions caused by chemicals in our brain ..........the point is that these chemicals have a positive effect in terms or natural selection< therefore any genetic material that promotes this delusory experiences would be selected by natural selection.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:41 pm
Grumpy SantaPosts: 382Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

OK Atheists, SOUND OFF!

Who here was formerly religious, born to religious parents?

And doesn't this make the whole argument moot?

(Oh, I'm in the minority... never been religious.)
Scientists don't believe. They conclude based on evidence.
Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:52 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

thenexttodie wrote:
Gnug215 wrote: So?

No, really. So what?

What is your point here?


I think his point is that it is ironic that women seem to find Christians more suitable for mating with than they do Atheists...which it is.



Lol, what? No, that's not the point. That's not what's going on. And that's not ironic.

Gah, do you need special training to be this wrong in just one sentence?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:39 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2561Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Evolution Hates Atheists.

leroy wrote:It is simply ironic. I have no mayor point.


I simply find it Ironic that if this atheist flag (evolution) where ture atheist will disappear.



... You're gonna have to try again...

Your last sentence doesn't really make sense. What's a "ture"?

And how exactly is evolution an atheist "flag"?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:42 am
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 13
 [ 254 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests