Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The silence of God

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 18 of 19
 [ 377 posts ] 
The silence of God
Author Message
leroyPosts: 1772Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

he_who_is_nobody wrote:Yes dandan/leroy, you already admitted to creating a strawman and arguing against that instead of the real argument. Now, perhaps you can address the actual argument.
.


well then please correct me, and tell me what the actual argument is
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:23 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 838Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

leroy wrote:well then please correct me, and tell me what the actual argument is

Leroy was told his Leroy's Silence of God argument was not the real argument in the second comment of this thread (because obviously, the first comment was his).

Is Leroy seriously saying that he will finally engage the real argument 18 pages of comments later?

And of course, in typical Leroy fashion, he is asking us to repeat something that was explained to him several pages earlier. Which we wouldn't have to do if he didn't spent pages of comments running away and addressed it the first time it was brought up or if he stopped his typical Leroy willfully trollish laziiness.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:05 pm
leroyPosts: 1772Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

MarsCydonia
Leroy was told his Leroy's Silence of God argument was not the real argument in the second comment of this thread (because obviously, the first comment was his).


ok so lets look at the second comment.............

MarsCydonia wrote:
leroy wrote:Assumption 3 Not granted. there is no evidence nor reason to believe that more evidence would result in more followers. At this point I could simply stop right there and wait for the "atheist" to meat their burden proof and show that if God would have made his existence more obviously true there would be more followers. After all this is an atheist objection so they are the ones who have to carry the burden proof.

But I can do better than just shifting the burden proof.........we know that at 99% of the worlds population believes in some kind of God so whatever God is doing, he is doing a good job.

Two things:
1. Google translate. Please use it because you're doing a terrible job of writing your brainless ideas.

2. Your assumption #3 has two glaring flaws. The flaws are ridiculously obvious to anyone who thinks about it for more than the 0 second god is said to exist in.
So try something different: take the time to think and see if you can spot them on your own rather than wait for someone else to spot them for you.
Google is your friend there too.
"The silence of god" is not a new argument, it has existed for centuries although its called something else.
Educate yourself.



everybody can note that in the second comment nobody presented the alleged correct form of the argument, sol please tell me what it the correct form of the argument, so that anybody can note that there is no meaningful difference between the so called correct argument and my representation of the argument
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:20 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 838Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

leroy wrote:everybody can note that in the second comment nobody presented the alleged correct form of the argument,

Leroy was told that the argument he was attempting is not new and that he should look up the actual argument.

And that was repeated to him several comments afterwards. He didn't then and he still isn't now.

leroy wrote:sol please tell me what it the correct form of the argument, so that anybody can note that there is no meaningful difference between the so called correct argument and my representation of the argument

So Leroy is asking that repeat ourselves to him. Which we wouldn't have to do if he didn't spent pages of comments running away and addressed it the first time it was brought up or if he stopped his typical Leroy willfully trollish laziness.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:30 pm
leroyPosts: 1772Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

MarsCydonia wrote:
leroy wrote:everybody can note that in the second comment nobody presented the alleged correct form of the argument,

Leroy was told that the argument he was attempting is not new and that he should look up the actual argument.

And that was repeated to him several comments afterwards. He didn't then and he still isn't now.

leroy wrote:sol please tell me what it the correct form of the argument, so that anybody can note that there is no meaningful difference between the so called correct argument and my representation of the argument

So Leroy is asking that repeat ourselves to him. Which we wouldn't have to do if he didn't spent pages of comments running away and addressed it the first time it was brought up or if he stopped his typical Leroy willfully trollish laziness.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

translation MarsCydonia was trolling all this time, I presented and argued against the correct form of the argument since the very beginning
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:07 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1541Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: The silence of God

leroy wrote:translation MarsCydonia was trolling all this time, I presented and argued against the correct form of the argument since the very beginning



Like anyone... any single person here... believes you!

All you do is lie, troll, snark, and generally fuck around with everyone to the best of your ability.

It would be just plain sad except that, you accuse everyone else of doing exactly what it is you are doing, but the fact remains that these trollings are always centered on you, you're always at the heart of it, misdirecting, distorting, and shitting on honest discourse.

Creationism is many things, but to you it's your excuse for being a wanker to everyone you encounter.

As if any description of your God, or Jesus, or Christianity as whole is in any way justifying your shitty disregard for other human beings.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 pm
leroyPosts: 1772Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

Sparhafoc wrote:
leroy wrote:translation MarsCydonia was trolling all this time, I presented and argued against the correct form of the argument since the very beginning



Like anyone... any single person here... believes you!

All you do is lie, troll, snark, and generally fuck around with everyone to the best of your ability.

It would be just plain sad except that, you accuse everyone else of doing exactly what it is you are doing, but the fact remains that these trollings are always centered on you, you're always at the heart of it, misdirecting, distorting, and shitting on honest discourse.

Creationism is many things, but to you it's your excuse for being a wanker to everyone you encounter.

As if any description of your God, or Jesus, or Christianity as whole is in any way justifying your shitty disregard for other human beings.


do you know what is the correct form of the argument?
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:08 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 838Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

Sparhafoc wrote:
leroy wrote:translation MarsCydonia was trolling all this time, I presented and argued against the correct form of the argument since the very beginning


Like anyone... any single person here... believes you!

Of course he doesn't expect anyone to believe him. Because unfortunately for Leroy, he has a tendency to shoot himself in the foot:
leroy wrote:Grupys argument presupposes that Gods goal is to gain more believers, I didn't grant that to be the goal and suggested that the goal might be gaining followers and not just believers.

That is a quote from the previous page of comments:
- He admitted that Grumpy Santa's argument was discussing "believers" (not far from the correct argument)
- He admitted that he changed it for his strawman Leroy's Silence of God" argument
- He's now acting as if it was not pointed out to him repeatedly
- He's now acting as if he did not make this admission that demonstrates he knows he was strawmanning and ignoring the correct argument.

I've pointed this out from the very first page of comments.

How can he expect anyone to believe him when he has lost all respect anyone could ever have for him with his constant lying and trolling?

Leroy is shooting himself in the foot so often that his leg ends in a bloody stump at the knee.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:10 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1541Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: The silence of God

Over and over, just obfuscation.

He reminds me of a chap from South Africa, Jayjay some number or other. Although, to be honest, that's insulting to Jayjay because he was at least legible as he constructed his grand fantasies and sneered at all the people he spent so much time talking to.

I find it intriguing indeed.

Given the way LEROY acts to everyone here, he must really dislike us immensely. But yet he still spends hours of his day copying and pasting his most recent storm-in-a-teacup diversion/harangue/fetid dump on the table of discourse.

He must secretly love us dearly, like major fucking hard-on, he just doesn't know it.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1541Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: The silence of God

leroy wrote:do you know what is the correct form of the argument?


What was the price of fish at your local market today, LEROY?
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:46 pm
leroyPosts: 1772Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

so Sparhafoc and MarsCydonia are not willing to provide the correct form of the argument.............can anyone else tell me what is the correct form of the argument?
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:51 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1541Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: The silence of God

leroy wrote:so Sparhafoc and MarsCydonia are not willing to provide the correct form of the argument.............can anyone else tell me what is the correct form of the argument?



LEROY wants to know the price of fish because Look Over There and /sound of scampering feet and door slamming
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:55 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 838Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

leroy wrote:so Sparhafoc and MarsCydonia are not willing to provide the correct form of the argument.............can anyone else tell me what is the correct form of the argument?

Perhaps because they do not want to indulge Leroy's typical trollish laziness.

Is there any solutions for Leroy?
Well perhaps Leroy
- could look it up on the internet as he was suggested to in the very second comment of this thread.
- could read the first few pages of comments where it was provided because Leroy is too incapable to do the first

Imagine if Leroy simply addressed the correct argument when it was presented? Within the first 3 pages of comments?

But Leroy can't help to be something other than his typical, lazy, dishonest and cowardly self, can he.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:07 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1541Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: The silence of God

And on everything else, his own Bible has contradicted him.

What a quandary it must be to always need to be right, never admit an error, and continuously beat your chest at strangers you hate.

It can't be 'God's work' because he's arguing against scripture, so God couldn't be plinking his strings.

What could it be that could possibly be motivating LEROY?

As with everything else, only LEROY couldn't accurately answer that.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:16 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3339Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The silence of God

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
leroy wrote:my final response to you and to everybody is>


Oh well...


leroy wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote:Yes dandan/leroy, you already admitted to creating a strawman and arguing against that instead of the real argument. Now, perhaps you can address the actual argument.
.


well then please correct me, and tell me what the actual argument is


leroy wrote:Grupys argument presupposes that Gods goal is to gain more believer...


Not the best summery, but enough to expose that you knew you created a strawman. Why ask a question you already answered?
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:45 am
YIM WWW
SparhafocPosts: 1541Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: The silence of God

Grupys argument presupposes that Gods goal is to gain more believer...


Yup, that establishes that all the arguments made to you, all the arguments you rejected, you knew were right all along.

If Grupy (whoever that is) argument 'presupposes' then that argument cannot be arguing the presupposition, and instead it's something different you've identified, a challenge to the postulate.

Of course, you've spent hundreds, possibly thousands of words, telling other people that they are lying that you are crafting a strawman, but here you've admitted to doing exactly that.

Why do you bother, LEROY? I guess there's no barrel bottom left to scrape, no credibility left to lose - in for a penny, in for a pound.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:15 am
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2383Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: The silence of God

Sparhafoc wrote:He reminds me of a chap from South Africa, Jayjay some number or other. Although, to be honest, that's insulting to Jayjay because he was at least legible as he constructed his grand fantasies and sneered at all the people he spent so much time talking to.


That would be JayJay4547, who posted a picture of what he said was allegedly a fossilised hominid skull, but which turned out to be a plaster aquarium ornament.

Those were the days, eh?
Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:59 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1541Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: The silence of God

hackenslash wrote:That would be JayJay4547, who posted a picture of what he said was allegedly a fossilised hominid skull, but which turned out to be a plaster aquarium ornament.

Those were the days, eh?



:lol: :lol:

Which is a perfect example, because Jayjay4547, even after accepting that it was an aquarium ornament, still persisted in claiming that it established his point! :lol:

JJ, never ever could conceive of anything he said as being wrong. That hubris is at the heart of all these fundies. I know plenty of religious people who do not have that degree of ego.

What I think we all need to appreciate is that if LEROY had been brought up in the Middle East, he'd either be dead already, or be ready to blow himself up to hurt other people, because his utter confidence in his own weak comprehension is the perfect ripe fruit to be plucked for radicalization. Instead, he just gets to shit on the sum total of human knowledge from his armchair. Small mercies, eh?
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:31 pm
leroyPosts: 1772Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: The silence of God

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
leroy wrote:Grupys argument presupposes that Gods goal is to gain more believer...


Not the best summery, but enough to expose that you knew you created a strawman. Why ask a question you already answered?



ok, my reply to the correct form of the argument is>

I don't grant that God would have that goal, the atheist has the burden proof and he has to show that if God exist he would have that goal


as predicted, nothing meaningful changed, both with my "straw man" or with the "correct form of the argument" the atheist has a burden proof that has not been meat.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:24 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1541Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: The silence of God

leroy wrote:I don't grant that God would have that goal, the atheist has the burden proof and he has to show that if God exist he would have that goal


It says so in the Bible.

I cited it.

'proved'
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:56 pm
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 18 of 19
 [ 377 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
cron