Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Taxonomy of Christianity

[ 4 posts ] 
Taxonomy of Christianity
SparhafocPosts: 536Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Taxonomy of Christianity

Given the sometimes Russian Doll nature of discussions with various Christians where apparently random things are made up by Christians in contradiction to what Christian denominations actually say, I thought it would be interesting to make a taxonomic tree of Christianity.

Of course, someone has already done it! :D

First, there's this:

Not very detailed, but quite nice to help find a pictorial point of reference.

But then I found this, and this just blows everything out of the water!! :shock:

http://funki.com.ua/ru/portfolio/lab/wo ... ions-tree/

Of course, still lots of missing information (structurally limited to 0AD) but it's a great representation for those who visual information is easier to process than written.
If a human disagrees with you, let him live! In a hundred billion galaxies you will not find another!
Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2536Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Taxonomy of Christianity

Sparhafoc wrote:Given the sometimes Russian Doll nature of discussions with various Christians where apparently random things are made up by Christians in contradiction to what Christian denominations actually say, I thought it would be interesting to make a taxonomic tree of Christianity.

Of course, someone has already done it! :D

First, there's this:

Not very detailed, but quite nice to help find a pictorial point of reference.

But then I found this, and this just blows everything out of the water!! :shock:

http://funki.com.ua/ru/portfolio/lab/wo ... ions-tree/

Of course, still lots of missing information (structurally limited to 0AD) but it's a great representation for those who visual information is easier to process than written.

Holy holinesses, Batman. That's an awesome pic.

Oh, and as for your report about this being in the wrong place, I think it's fine here where it is. :)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:23 pm
Bango SkankUser avatarPosts: 136Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Then there is gnostic christianity with slew of it's own branches.
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:30 pm
SparhafocPosts: 536Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Gnug215 wrote:Holy holinesses, Batman. That's an awesome pic.

Oh, and as for your report about this being in the wrong place, I think it's fine here where it is.

Isn't it just? And thanks!

Bango Skank wrote:Then there is gnostic christianity with slew of it's own branches.

Yep, all the early heresies were left off the first one.
If a human disagrees with you, let him live! In a hundred billion galaxies you will not find another!
Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:41 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion