Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Arguments for God's Existence

[ 673 posts ] 
Arguments for God's Existence
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Arguments for God's Existence

And the response as predicted.... provides zero evidence God does not exist.

This will always be the case.
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:28 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 838Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Bernhard.visscher wrote:And the response as predicted.... provides zero evidence God does not exist.

:lol:
Are you new to how this work?
Zero evidence was provided that Allah, Zeus, Vishna, etc. do not exist.
Zero evidence was provided that god does.

"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:42 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2383Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Bernhard.visscher wrote:Life is eternal therefore God exists. Jesus said " I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last...."

I am certain.

While you will not accept this as evidence.... the mere confidence a Christian can display is already a blow to the distinctly inconfident atheist.

Further evidence will never be required because the atheist does not possess even a single argument for which he can confidently state Jesus does not exist.

Marvellous exposition of the onus probandi fallacy. Not only is it not my position that he doesn't exist, it isn't my responsibility to demonstrate it even if it were my position. The burden is ALWAYS on the affirmative.
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:17 pm
DustniteUser avatarPosts: 518Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm Gender: Cake

Bernhard.visscher wrote:And the response as predicted.... provides zero evidence God does not exist.

"But this is irrelevant because in either case, whether a god exists or not, whether your God (with a capital G) exists or not, it doesn't matter. We both are, in either case, evolved apes. " - Nesslig20
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:45 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1544Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

:lol:

And there goes Bernhard's cover.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:21 am

While you will not accept this as evidence.... the mere confidence a Christian can display is already a blow to the distinctly inconfident atheist.

Hack might remember - which Creationist was it that used to always trot this notion out?

What a laughable mess that man's brain must be - too much religion, not enough education.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2383Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Not sure. Byers had a tendency toward ad populum.
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 pm

hackenslash wrote:Not sure. Byers had a tendency toward ad populum.

Definitely wasn't Mr Truth Disco.

Was it Jason?

He kept going on about how he was so confident about his religious beliefs, but 'atheists' kept changing their minds based on scientific progress. The notion he tried to forward was that it's superior to hold on to a belief regardless of the evidence against it - this shows the value of his belief system, according to him. He made a big deal about 'atheists' saying they don't know, and contrasted it with how he, as a religionist, would make confident declarations about everything.

Looks indistinguishable from LEROY or Bernhard, though. Ignorant confidence is a necessary ingredient to being a Creationist?
กบในกะลาครอบ
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:12 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

It's the need for certainty that causes individuals to cleave to an ideology, - or just an idea - regardless whether it's religious, political, social, etc.

Some need certainty, others don't.

Some are comfortable without knowing the answer, others have to have "the answer" - even if it's shown to be wrong, at which point they become ever more entrenched in claiming they're right.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:21 pm

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 pm
leroyPosts: 1772Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

It's the need for certainty that causes individuals to cleave to an ideology, - or just an idea - regardless whether it's religious, political, social, etc.

Some need certainty, others don't.

Some are comfortable without knowing the answer, others have to have "the answer" - even if it's shown to be wrong, at which point they become ever more entrenched in claiming they're right.

Kindest regards,

James

that is the point that I was making in my thread about aliens and I was severely insulted by Sparhafoc lets see if he has the balls to insult you for making the same statement.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:01 pm

leroy wrote:that is the point that I was making in my thread about aliens and I was severely insulted by Sparhafoc lets see if he has the balls to insult you for making the same statement.

Absolute fucking lies.

Not only did I say no such thing in your thread about aliens, but as everyone here knows, you repeatedly refused to allow me to rightfully and honestly say that we don't know about the state in which the universe began. You still refuse to allow me to say it, even though it is factually true.

Why do you keep lying, LEROY?

Your lies are not believed by anyone here, and all your lies do is paint you as a character who places no value on truth, just on blagging, bluster, and bullshit.

Who do you think you're fooling, LEROY?
กบในกะลาครอบ
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:09 pm

And for the record, this is really what other people think about LEROY's bullshit, and guess where it's from? LEROY's alien thread.

viewtopic.php?p=181273#p181273

he_who_is_nobody wrote:I do not understand why one would so obviously act so dishonestly on a written forum. Dandan/Leroy did this right below Sparhafoc's post. Does dandan/leroy not realize that people can just scroll up to see how he is misrepresenting Sparhafoc?

Yep, but LEROY's the victim now! :roll: ;)
กบในกะลาครอบ
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Previous
 [ 673 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion