Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Unfair

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 4 of 5
 [ 87 posts ] 
Unfair
Author Message
Jwillz46Posts: 16Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:49 am Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Unfair

Right.......

So who gets to debate me first? Next poster reproposing his challenge will be the unlucky one.
Jesus is LORD
Image
Image
Image
Image
Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:13 am
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Unfair

Jwillz46 wrote:I don't know what you're talking about in the first part of your post at all.

The debate topic would be atheism, why atheists deny Jesus Christ, and intentionally choose to disbelieve in Christianity.


The debate topic would be Christianity, why Christians deny Thor, and intentionally choose to disbelieve in Norse Paganism.

That would be a better debate, given your already evident ignorance on the position of atheism and it's nuances, coupled with the fact you're already convinced you've won any debate you'll ever have. You're not looking for a debate, you're looking for an opportunity to insert your fingers in your ears and shout "I'M RIGHT, I'M RIGHT I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALALA!!! ".

But then trolling is rarely subtle.
Image
Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:14 am
Jwillz46Posts: 16Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:49 am Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Unfair

Is that a challenge to debate me? I can't tell.

You atheists claim I'm putting words into your mouth while always putting words into mine. What hypocrites.
Jesus is LORD
Image
Image
Image
Image
Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:34 am
tuxboxLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 amLocation: Vero Beach Gender: Tree

Post Re: Unfair

Jwillz46 wrote:

Have you ever read the Bible? If you did, you would know that it says God exists. Is that not proof enough? If you don't take the Bible as proof then you might as well ignore your false modern science. There is written, documented proof of God which you choose to not believe, but you believe in nutjob theories like evolution with no proof? And another thing, it's called a theory for a reason: because it's fake!


You have to be kiddin, right?
"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." ~ Thomas Paine
Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:36 am
)O( Hytegia )O(League LegendUser avatarPosts: 3135Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Unfair

Jwillz46 wrote:Is that a challenge to debate me? I can't tell.

You atheists claim I'm putting words into your mouth while always putting words into mine. What hypocrites.


I'll debate you. I take your offer - check and set.

I'm no atheist though - I'm a pagan. They'll vouch for that and you can check all of my posts on the matter.

The debate is simple:

Why do Christians deny the existence of the Gods and spirits in favor of an invisible, immoral skydaddy?

Put up or Shut Up. Or are you chicken, McFly?
Some would insinuate that being drunk at 9 in the morning to be signs of serious issues.
Me? I'd insinuate it as signs of no plans and a refrigerator full of Whiskey and Guinness.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 am
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Unfair

Jwillz46 wrote:Is that a challenge to debate me? I can't tell.

You atheists claim I'm putting words into your mouth while always putting words into mine. What hypocrites.


I'm not saying your putting words in anyone's mouth, I'm just sayin you're incredible ignorant. Anyway, you have your reply. Hyyegia will debate you, and he's forwarded a topic. Say the word and I'll set it up.
Image
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:23 am
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Jwillz46 wrote:I don't know what you're talking about in the first part of your post at all.

The debate topic would be atheism, why atheists deny Jesus Christ, and intentionally choose to disbelieve in Christianity.


Oh my word, I'm guessing english is your first language but thinking is not your primary concern? The question you have proposed makes absolutely no sense, it is "nonsense".

The only reasonable question I think I can get out of this steaming pile of horseshit is "is Christianity true?". The rest is just utter crap. Why you think you can comment on the decisions of all atheists (whether or not their disbelief is intentional or not) is beyond me. And if god is all powerful, shouldn't he stop this? And if he is all knowing, shouldn't he have seen this coming? He's a stickler for punishment int' he.

So, as atheism isn't a stance, or a world view, or an ideology it seems to me a boring topic to debate. As Christianity is however, that sounds a lot better.

So I accept your challenge with the title "is Christianity true?"

I say 3000 words each (if you can't make your point in 3000 words it's not worth reading) and I will let you have the first post.

Balls in your court Mcfly.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:26 am
WWW
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Damn! Beat me to it Hytegia. I knew I shouldn't have slept!!!

Well, that's now 6, count them SIX people who have accepted this polite and well meaning chap's challenge.

Let's see who he picks.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 am
WWW
Jwillz46Posts: 16Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:49 am Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Unfair

I accept Hytegia's challenge, set up the debate and lay the rules, Australopithecus.
Jesus is LORD
Image
Image
Image
Image
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 am
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Jwillz46 wrote:I accept Hytegia's challenge, set up the debate and lay the rules, Australopithecus.


This is going to be good, I may have to book myself in to the hospital to get my sides reattached.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:48 am
WWW
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Unfair

Jwillz46 wrote:I accept Hytegia's challenge, set up the debate and lay the rules, Australopithecus.


viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9898

Once Hytegia's opened the debate you can then respond. Pay close attention to the rules, I wont be repeating them.
Image
Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 am
)O( Hytegia )O(League LegendUser avatarPosts: 3135Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Unfair

Frenger wrote:
Jwillz46 wrote:I accept Hytegia's challenge, set up the debate and lay the rules, Australopithecus.


This is going to be good, I may have to book myself in to the hospital to get my sides reattached.


The proprietary goal is that of "Immoral" and the secondary goal is that of "More Contradictory as opposed to -"

I will not use any "new" arguments in this, and instead will confine myself to the fact that I will not use any argument that my opponent would not use to prove the Judeo-Christian-Islamic deity. I will simply rely on the utilization of Occam's Razor that, given these results, one can shave off the obvious contradiction in lieu of a less-contradictory entity.

Specifically the Hellenistic Period deities.
Some would insinuate that being drunk at 9 in the morning to be signs of serious issues.
Me? I'd insinuate it as signs of no plans and a refrigerator full of Whiskey and Guinness.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:40 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2750Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Can I ask why this troll isn't banned already?
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:44 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Because she/he is going to have a debate with Hytegia, and it's going to be great!

edited: to correct my grammar so I didn't look thick.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:25 pm
WWW
)O( Hytegia )O(League LegendUser avatarPosts: 3135Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Unfair

Frenger wrote:Because she/he is going to have a debate with Hytegia, and it's going to be all the fun of watching a train wreck!


Further edited for clarity.

Hey, at least I know how this will end.
Some would insinuate that being drunk at 9 in the morning to be signs of serious issues.
Me? I'd insinuate it as signs of no plans and a refrigerator full of Whiskey and Guinness.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:05 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

)O( Hytegia )O( wrote:
Frenger wrote:Because she/he is going to have a debate with Hytegia, and it's going to be all the fun of watching a train wreck!


Further edited for clarity.

Hey, at least I know how this will end.


Thanks bud!

I think we all know how it's going to end, but it doesn't mean the journey won't be spectacular :)
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:25 pm
WWW
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3527Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

)O( Hytegia )O( wrote:You had us going for a bit - even after evidence was presented you legitimately had us running for our money. Hell, you may still convince the others that you're serious so I'll just sit back and eat my Popcorn.
8/10

Going for a bit? /viewtopic.php?p=143376#p143376

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:Can I ask why this troll isn't banned already?

Eh, why should we ban him? I'd like to think our users are smart enough not to engage a troll unless they're having fun with it.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:31 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Unfair

Jwillz46 wrote:Looks to me like any good christian arguments are just deleted or hidden here...

I am open to debate atheists on Skype, Ventrilo, Teamspeak 3, and other VOIP programs/services, or by phone. Post here if you're interested. I'm certain you will lose.


Ok, so I'm looking at your sig, and wow... are you serious??

You're actually a Yahoo Messenger user???


As for the whole "unfair" thing...

First of all, there are no "good christian arguments".

There is some banning and deleting going on, but that's mostly just me. I'm a really ban-happy, power-mad moderator.

Not really an atheist, so I have no interest in debating you, but I do have a great interest in banning you, because you seem like a troll.

I don't really like trolls much, and you really, really do seem like a troll, what with your short, confrontational, provocative posts. (Hmm, you're not Stripe, are you?)

So if you're actually serious about debating someone here (which I doubt), you had better try to make good, sensible, productive posts, before I succumb to my insatiable urge to put the banhammer down on useless little trolls.


Beyond that... welcome to the forum! :)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:41 pm
CosmicJoghurtPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 809Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Unfair

It is not going to be a good debate. It's going to be yet another situation where a debate will go on and on, until, little by little, it becomes obvious that one (I won't tell who it is) of the debaters isn't there for debating but for trolling, coupled with a bit of an honest opinion. Afterwards comes the stage where the indirect insults start, one of them takes it too far, the debate ends and one of the debaters leaves.

That's my prediction. If it doesn't come true I will share a cookie with you all.
Perception of reality results in interpretation of reality which results in a deformation of reality.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:06 pm
bluejatheistPosts: 525Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:28 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Gnug215 wrote:
Ok, so I'm looking at your sig, and wow... are you serious??

You're actually a Yahoo Messenger user???



I wonder where he gets his answers from :)
Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:59 pm
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 4 of 5
 [ 87 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests