Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Unfair

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 5
 [ 87 posts ] 
Unfair
Author Message
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Jwillz46 wrote:The debate by voice would be recorded, ofcourse, but I see every last atheist here is too cowardly to dare have a real one on one debate. What did I expect, coming on a forum that only exists so a certain group can sit there and tell eachother how much they agree with one another, clearly I am intimidating to everyone here seeing as you all post nothing but a barrage of fear-filled excuses.

Funny how atheists tremble in the presence of actual reasoning while claiming to be "rational" all the time.
Yeah, pretend to laugh and will yourself above me as a person in your mind, but just as God does, we both know the real truth.

I for one am willing to put my money where my mouth is, how about you self-proclaimed masters of reason?


First off, I know this is wayyy early in the thread, and chances are the topic is something completely different, but it's like 230 am at the moment and already I have a headache from the first page here, so I'm just going to take this as the most relevant post.

Second, read through any thread in religion and irreligion and see just how often we all agree with each other, theists not withstanding. Yes, there is a general consensus, and most "outsiders" are scared off when first challenged, so there is basically a core ideology, but we all have our own views and opinions, and sometimes they clash.

Third, yeah, okay. Lets have a debate. If you wish for a live, one-on-one, I will accept your first class, no layover round trip plane ticket and room and board expenses to wherever it is you call home, the duration of which will last as long as you wish. If not, it saddens me to inform you I do not own a microphone, as my laptop is still quite dead and my desktop does not have one. I also really don't have the money to buy one, because if I'm going to get one its going to be nice and not some 15 dollar walmart setup that will break in a month. Because by then I'll have gotten used to it and damn it if I'll have the money then to replace it (times, they be rough). I will, however, also accept a donation, on anybody's part, in the form of a USB microphone, or enough currency to buy one, if that will solve this dilemma. Hey, you said you'd put your money where your mouth is ;)

If you can't do that, then I'm still more than willing to hold our argument here. I've been saying lately how I try not to turn debates down, yet haven't held one in years, so why not? A good exercise of the finger muscles can do me some good, too. Of course, I won't go in without an open mind (I'm more agnostic than full-on atheist anyway), and we can establish ground rules that we'll both agree upon before anything else.

Also, don't expect a rapid debate with me, I work like 50 hours a week and my internet time is quite limited, but I would try to set up a schedule we could both work with.

If not, well, sorry. Not everything in life is going to be on your terms.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 am
WWW
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Oh, and we don't just come here to tell each other how superior we all are to the rest of the world (at least not all of us), we also have a funny pictures thread! And we discuss science, literature, and gaming, as well as whatever random bs we feel like talking about that day. Hell, this subforum here is practically a foreign land to me, as I usually stick to the more pedestrian topics.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 am
WWW
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Lallapalalable wrote:Third, yeah, okay. Lets have a debate. If you wish for a live, one-on-one, I will accept your first class, no layover round trip plane ticket and room and board expenses to wherever it is you call home, the duration of which will last as long as you wish. If not, it saddens me to inform you I do not own a microphone, as my laptop is still quite dead and my desktop does not have one. I also really don't have the money to buy one, because if I'm going to get one its going to be nice and not some 15 dollar walmart setup that will break in a month. Because by then I'll have gotten used to it and damn it if I'll have the money then to replace it (times, they be rough). I will, however, also accept a donation, on anybody's part, in the form of a USB microphone, or enough currency to buy one, if that will solve this dilemma. Hey, you said you'd put your money where your mouth is ;)


You are a little too late to hold a debate with Jwillz46. He is already participating in a debate with )O( Hytegia )O(, and from the look of it, Jwillz46 has already withdrawn from it.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:15 pm
YIM WWW
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

Ha
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:48 am
WWW
prycejoshPosts: 20Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:57 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

australopithecus wrote:Firstly, no threads are deleted here. Nor are any threads "hidden". Perhaps the lack of any "good Christian arguments" is down to the fact none have been made.

Secondly, don't come here with an attitude are start acting the big man with your first post. It makes you look childish, and who wants to debate a child?

Thirdly, the fact you've already assumed you've won any debate indicates that you're unwilling to accept when you're wrong. Who wants to debate someone like that?

I've seen enough debate threads with christians here to know how this will end.


im willing to talk about everything in life and help you understand god. he wants to help you and there is only good that comes from him. im not here to toot my horn but help you understand god. but really you should be doing your research alot of atheists are not researching properly. its just like god said you wouldnt be able to understand a thing when your ignorant.
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:23 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

prycejosh wrote:
im willing to talk about everything in life and help you understand god. he wants to help you and there is only good that comes from him. im not here to toot my horn but help you understand god. but really you should be doing your research alot of atheists are not researching properly. its just like god said you wouldnt be able to understand a thing when your ignorant.


I joined 12 religions over 12 months, however I have remained an atheist. What now?
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:28 pm
WWW
MugnutsBloggerUser avatarPosts: 383Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:13 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Unfair

prycejosh wrote:
im willing to talk about everything in life and help you understand god. he wants to help you and there is only good that comes from him. im not here to toot my horn but help you understand god. but really you should be doing your research alot of atheists are not researching properly. its just like god said you wouldnt be able to understand a thing when your ignorant.


Please then by all means start a new thread entailing how to understand god. We can see that you are aching to be heard, and resurrecting dead threads isn't really the way to go on that.

You can title your thread however you wish and may I suggest in your opening post that you put your position, definitions, and reasoning in a few well thought out paragraphs.

After that's done be prepared for the monicker of this forum site to be appropriately provided endure masse. You will be challenged at the very core of your beliefs, learn what logical fallacies are, and most importantly you will find out how much research we actually do. That's why we hold the positions we do.
"In the end theologians are jealous of science, for they are aware that it has greater authority than do their own ways of finding “truth”: dogma, authority, and revelation. Science does find truth, faith does not. " - Jerry Coyne
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:39 pm
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 5
 [ 87 posts ] 
Return to Religion & Irreligion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests