Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

A math Problem

[ 171 posts ] 
A math Problem
Steelmage99Posts: 174Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

Post Re: A math Problem

leroy wrote:
MarsCydonia wrote:So I'll take this as a Yes to Steelmage99's question.

yes, but you are always welcome to explain clearly and unambiguously what you actual view is

So.....you take this sentence;

MarsCydonia wrote: ........but defending that existence in 0 time and in 0 space is not (logically absurd).........

And respond with this;

leroy wrote: just for the record, are you saying that 0 space is logically absurd? (yes or no).....

Thereby demonstrating that you seemingly thought that MarsCydonia claimed that 0 space is logically absurd?

Is this correct?

Please, notice that I am not telling you what MarsCydonia's view is on anything. Just thought I would make sure you understand this fact, with your poor reading comprehension and all.....
Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:11 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2395Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

leroy wrote: it is just that I cant even conceive the idea

And there it is, ladles and jellyspoons; textbook argumentum ad ignorantiam in its natural habitat.
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:08 am
leroyPosts: 1795Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Steelmage99 wrote:

Thereby demonstrating that you seemingly thought that MarsCydonia claimed that 0 space is logically absurd?

Is this correct?

Please, notice that I am not telling you what MarsCydonia's view is on anything. Just thought I would make sure you understand this fact, with your poor reading comprehension and all.....

Yes I thought (and still thinking) that Mars believes that 0 space and 0 time are logically absurd.

But I have an open mind, maybe he will come and clarify his view ........If he come here and exampling that he doesn't believe that 0 space is logically absurd, I would be happy to apologize for misrepresenting his view.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:11 pm

hackenslash wrote:
leroy wrote: it is just that I cant even conceive the idea

And there it is, ladles and jellyspoons; textbook argumentum ad ignorantiam in its natural habitat.

Granted this is an ad ignorantiam this is why I have said that I am open for any evidence that suggests that a past infinite age is coherent.

and other example of ad ignorantiam would be>

I personally haven seen any ghost and no one has ever presented to me good reasons to believe in ghost, therefore I personally don't believe in ghosts and I bet that most members form this forum would make that same ad ignorantiam fallacy.
Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:17 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 848Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

leroy wrote:But I have an open mind, maybe he will come and clarify his view ........If he come here and exampling that he doesn't believe that 0 space is logically absurd, I would be happy to apologize for misrepresenting his view.

Well, my comment was quite clear and unambiguous Leroy, why don't you go back and read it?

Because if you're not ______ enough to understand it, why should I expect you to understand anything that I'll add? (especially since it would superfluous).
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 pm

MarsCydonia wrote:
leroy wrote:But I have an open mind, maybe he will come and clarify his view ........If he come here and exampling that he doesn't believe that 0 space is logically absurd, I would be happy to apologize for misrepresenting his view.

Well, my comment was quite clear and unambiguous Leroy, why don't you go back and read it?

Because if you're not ______ enough to understand it, why should I expect you to understand anything that I'll add? (especially since it would superfluous).

you can do it for your own benefit,

instead of repeating over and over again that you already answered, you can simply type yes or no once and safe a big portion of your precios time
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:21 pm
Steelmage99Posts: 174Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

leroy wrote:
Steelmage99 wrote:

Is this correct?

Yes I thought (and still thinking) that Mars believes that 0 space and 0 time are logically absurd.

But I have an open mind, maybe he will come and clarify his view ........If he come here and exampling that he doesn't believe that 0 space is logically absurd, I would be happy to apologize for misrepresenting his view.

Here is the crucial point. He didn't make the statement that 0 space and 0 time is logically absurd.

Do you understand this?

Look at this sentence again;

MarsCydonia wrote:"What I always find ironic is theists arguing that inifinites (actual or otherwise) are logically absurd but defending that existence in 0 time and in 0 space is not."

What is the sentence actually about?

When it comes to the "0 space and 0 time" part of the sentence, what is he addressing?

Is it 0 space?
Is it 0 time?
Is it 0 space AND 0 time?

C'mon, leroy. You really need to slow down a bit and actually read what is said.
Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:27 pm

leroy wrote:you can do it for your own benefit,

instead of repeating over and over again that you already answered, you can simply type yes or no once and safe a big portion of your precios time

How would repeating myself over and over to you benefit me Leroy? Steelmage99 got it. I am convinced everyone else but you got it. How would it benefit anyone?
Repeating myself would not benefit you either unless you count helping you to remain intellectually lazy and/or dishonest a benefit.
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:23 pm

MarsCydonia wrote:

How would repeating myself over and over to you benefit me Leroy? Steelmage99 got it. I am convinced everyone else but you got it. How would it benefit anyone?
Repeating myself would not benefit you either unless you count helping you to remain intellectually lazy and/or dishonest a benefit.

So instead of answering with a simple YES or NO, you decided to make a reply that you know that I would not understand.

you have 2 options
1 answer YES or NO and move on

2 or repeat the same answer that you know I wont understand over and over again, until this post reaches 100 pages

one wonders what is motivating you to select 2 instad of 1

PS>
No one is saying that repeating yourself over and over again would benefit you, (I said the opposite) work on your RC.
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:34 pm

leroy wrote:So instead of answering with a simple YES or NO, you decided to make a reply that you know that I would not understand.

you have 2 options
2 or repeat the same answer that you know I wont understand over and over again, until this post reaches 100 pages

:facepalm:
"What is motivating me" is also something I've answered previously Leroy.

leroy wrote:PS> No one is saying that repeating yourself over and over again would benefit you, (I said the opposite) work on your RC.

Seriously Leroy, if you can't understand any answers until it's broken down to "Yes" or "No", why the hell are you someplace that usually demands more complex thoughts than those of toddlers?
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:50 pm

MarsCydonia wrote:
leroy wrote:So instead of answering with a simple YES or NO, you decided to make a reply that you know that I would not understand.

you have 2 options

"What is motivating me" is also something I've answered previously Leroy.

leroy wrote:PS> No one is saying that repeating yourself over and over again would benefit you, (I said the opposite) work on your RC.

Seriously Leroy, if you can't understand any answers until it's broken down to "Yes" or "No", why the hell are you someplace that usually demands more complex thoughts than those of toddlers?

I wont ever get my YES or NO answer right?
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:54 pm

leroy wrote:I wont ever get my YES or NO answer right?

Did I say I wouldn't repeat what everyone else but you understood because it wouldn't benefit anyone?

I'll break it down to Leroy-level, the answer to both question is YES. ;)
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:57 pm

MarsCydonia wrote:
leroy wrote:I wont ever get my YES or NO answer right?

Did I say I wouldn't repeat what everyone else but you understood because it wouldn't benefit anyone?

I'll break it down to Leroy-level, the answer to both question is YES. ?

yes it would benefit you.....

your options are

1 answer yes or no

2 keep playing word games and repeating that you have answer before

option 1 would benefit you because you would safe your precios time
Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:31 pm

leroy wrote:yes it would benefit you.....

You know what would save the time of everyone?
Option 3: Leroy learns how to read.
Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:09 pm

MarsCydonia wrote:

leroy wrote:yes it would benefit you.....

You know what would save the time of everyone?
Option 3: Leroy learns how to read.

honestly how can you accuse for having poor RC, there is no incoherence nor contradiction in the comments that you quoted.
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:38 pm
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1186Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Why the fuck is it so hard to fathom, that when asked if an event with a probability of happening that is above 0, is yes or no? - is NOT a yes-or-no question?

Will an event with a probability of 1 in 6 happen? It will 1 in 6 times on average.
Will an event with a probability of 1 in 4000 happen? It will 1 in 4000 times on average.
Will an event with a probability of 1 in 10^48 happen? It will 1 in 10^48 times on average.

That's the correct answer to those questions. No is not the correct answer. Yes is not the correct answer.

Why is this thread continuing? The central point was conceded back here. Done, case closed. Thread over.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:35 am

Rumraket wrote:Why the fuck is it so hard to fathom, that when asked if an event with a probability of happening that is above 0, is yes or no? - is NOT a yes-or-no question?

Will an event with a probability of 1 in 6 happen? It will 1 in 6 times on average.
Will an event with a probability of 1 in 4000 happen? It will 1 in 4000 times on average.
Will an event with a probability of 1 in 10^48 happen? It will 1 in 10^48 times on average.

That's the correct answer to those questions. No is not the correct answer. Yes is not the correct answer.

Why is this thread continuing? The central point was conceded back here. Done, case closed. Thread over.

sure, but if you have infinite tries then the probability of any f those events happening would be 100% ..........so the answer would be YES.

but if you don't like probabilities and Yes or No questions together..........I can simply change the problem...

will the digits of PI ever repeat? Will you ever get to a point where the following digits mirror all the previous digits?
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1186Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

leroy wrote:will the digits of PI ever repeat? Will you ever get to a point where the following digits mirror all the previous digits?

A quick duckduckgo.com search yields this article. I haven't read it myself but I'm sure leroy will and after he's done he'll report to us what he has learnt.

Q: How do we know that π never repeats? If we find enough digits, isn’t it possible that it will eventually start repeating?
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:01 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2395Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

WarK wrote:
leroy wrote:will the digits of PI ever repeat? Will you ever get to a point where the following digits mirror all the previous digits?

A quick duckduckgo.com search yields this article. I haven't read it myself but I'm sure leroy will and after he's done he'll report to us what he has learnt.

Q: How do we know that π never repeats? If we find enough digits, isn’t it possible that it will eventually start repeating?

That, my friend, is a fucking good article and, on its own, justifies the existence of this thread, regardless of all the bollocks it took to get there.

Thank you so much for sharing that. I am extremely appreciative.
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:01 pm
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1186Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

WarK wrote:

Good article. My answer to leroy's question would just have been "I don't know and I don't know how to find out".
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 am
PreviousNext
 [ 171 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics