Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The illusion of evolution and how it works

[ 244 posts ] 
The illusion of evolution and how it works
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3347Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The illusion of evolution and how it works

SpecialFrog wrote:
Rhed wrote:The full text is there (i.e. methods, materials used, and the results), as well as the figures and tables.

And yet you still are not indicating whether or not you read the whole paper.

Speaking of figures, here is one that you do not understand or you are ignoring because it goes against the narrative you are trying to construct:

Rumraket wrote:Let me make it SUPER fucking easy for you, here's Figure 1 from the paper:

Relationship between observed and expected (multiplicative) fitnesses for 65 VSV genotypes carrying pairs of nucleotide substitutions. The solid line represents the null hypothesis of pure multiplicative effects. Deviations from this line are a consequence of the existence of epistatic fitness effects (εij = W ij - W i W j ≠ 0). Filled circles correspond with genotypes carrying two deleterious mutations; open circles correspond with genotypes carrying two beneficial ones.

The red line corresponds to neutrality (fitness = 1.0).

In conclusion I must quote a person who's judgement I hope you trust:
Rhed wrote:Sorry but I have to be blunt. You are wrong wrong wrong. And more wrong. You are so wrong I cannot even describe it to you. (sigh...)
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:06 am
YIM WWW
AlligoosePosts: 30Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:24 am Gender: Cake

Rhed wrote:
SpecialFrog wrote:Rhed, did you read the articles you linked or just the abstracts?

I understand it, but I also understand you cannot accept it because it doesn't agree with your worldview.

Truer words!

But this is more of a compliment than you make it out to be.

The worldview you speak of is, of course, "I believe in establishing tentative conclusions based on sound evidence and reasoning."

Not, as I believe you will say, "God can't've done it, cuz he don't exist, ergo science."

I'm proud of my worldview. It's a worldview shared by others that gave us: vaccines, surgeries, airplanes, and... Electronic devices. Just like the one you're typing on.

Why do you accept every other scientific explanation, rely on the conclusions they've come to, EXCEPT for evolution? What threat does evolution pose to you such that you must hem and haw against it, pulling absurdities out of your ass and deliberately misinterpreting the evidence?

And yes, I say deliberate, because people have been more than patient in explaining the who, what, when, where, and why you're wrong.
If the Earth is billions of years old, why is it only 2015? Checkmate, atheists.
Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:06 am
AlligoosePosts: 30Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:24 am Gender: Cake

Rhed wrote:
tuxbox wrote:It's better to remain silent than to parrot nonsense. It has been shown over and over again by the members of this forum that the Theory of Evolution is scientific yet you continue to blindly ignore it. Even the Pope says God is not a magician.

I never thought God as a magician. Christians don't believe that either, so I'm glad the pope is on the same page.

Science is against evolution, so please stop calling it scientific. Genetics is scientific. Biology is scientific. Cosmology is scientific. The ToE is not. It's based on blind faith.

Deliberately dishonest and outright lies.

I support this claim by saying you are clearly familiar with the literature. What explanation do you have for the congruence of scientific thought on evolution?

Are you vaccinated?
If the Earth is billions of years old, why is it only 2015? Checkmate, atheists.
Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:14 am
tuxboxLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 amLocation: Vero Beach Gender: Tree

Alligoose wrote:
Deliberately dishonest and outright lies.

If he truly believes that science is against evolution, then it is not a lie. It is just ignorance mixed with brainwashed ideology. :)
"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." ~ Thomas Paine
Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:16 am
Previous
 [ 244 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics