Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

While I Was Away...

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 5
 [ 95 posts ] 
While I Was Away...
Author Message
leroyPosts: 1545Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Sparhafoc wrote:At the very moment that the evidence shows I did do it.

What did you do while you were asleep last night LEROY?

Do you remember?

What if I showed you a video recording of you going out in your pajamas and urinating on your next door neighbours' car? Would you deny the observable evidence?

If you were being consistent, you would. But I don't think anyone imagines that you could be consistent.



yes to be honest I would still believe that I am innocent even if you show me the video.


you would need more than just a video to convince me that I urinated the car.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:30 pm
leroyPosts: 1545Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Sparhafoc wrote:[So why would any honest person credit their sensory experience as taking precedence over empirical evidence contradicting them?

.


because empirical evidence is not infalible ether, people can falsify DNA tests, detectives can lie abut the presence of finger prints, eye witnesses can lie, the video can be faked,


if you accuse me for killing Billy last night, you will need to provide very, very strong evidence to convince me, that I am guilty ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:36 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1059Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

leroy wrote:yes to be honest I would still believe that I am innocent even if you show me the video.


you would need more than just a video to convince me that I urinated the car.



Yes, we all know.

What a wasted life you lead.
Of course I did not read the sources... (LEROY)

If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another. (Sagan)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:58 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1059Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

leroy wrote:
Sparhafoc wrote:[So why would any honest person credit their sensory experience as taking precedence over empirical evidence contradicting them?

.


because empirical evidence is not infalible ether, people can falsify DNA tests, detectives can lie abut the presence of finger prints, eye witnesses can lie, the video can be faked,


if you accuse me for killing Billy last night, you will need to provide very, very strong evidence to convince me, that I am guilty ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,




No geological difficulties, real or imagined, can be allowed to take precedence over the clear statements and necessary inferences of Scripture.

Henry Morris, father of modern Creationism.

Must be so proud of his boy who's gone even further down the path of egotistical self delusion. Now, DNA, people, fingerprints, eye witness testimony, and technology itself are all suspect if they don't conform to LEROY's ego.

Even if all evidence in the world cries out that his God does not exist, why would LEROY care when the Bible says so, and no one could possibly have faked a book, right? :lol:
Of course I did not read the sources... (LEROY)

If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another. (Sagan)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:01 pm
leroyPosts: 1545Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Sparhafoc wrote:
leroy wrote:yes to be honest I would still believe that I am innocent even if you show me the video.


you would need more than just a video to convince me that I urinated the car.



Yes, we all know.

What a wasted life you lead.


your are just trolling, because your default answer is always to disagree with me, but deep inside you agree, if I show yo a video of you urinating a car you would be skeptical about the veracity of that video
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:47 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1059Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

leroy wrote:your are just trolling, because your default answer is always to disagree with me, but deep inside you agree, if I show yo a video of you urinating a car you would be skeptical about the veracity of that video


The appeal to silent agreement.

Of course I do LEROY. We all secretly agree with you because you're such a masterful and honest debater. You're here to offer your succinct wisdom like pearls before swine. I don't doubt there's a big brownie point on your chart in heaven. LEROY, GOLD STAR. You dun good, lil LEROY. You dun good.
Of course I did not read the sources... (LEROY)

If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another. (Sagan)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:42 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3245Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

leroy wrote:
Sparhafoc wrote:At the very moment that the evidence shows I did do it.

What did you do while you were asleep last night LEROY?

Do you remember?

What if I showed you a video recording of you going out in your pajamas and urinating on your next door neighbours' car? Would you deny the observable evidence?

If you were being consistent, you would. But I don't think anyone imagines that you could be consistent.



yes to be honest I would still believe that I am innocent even if you show me the video.


you would need more than just a video to convince me that I urinated the car.


:o

And the years of dealing with you come into sharp focus. Wow.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:29 am
YIM WWW
SparhafocPosts: 1059Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

he_who_is_nobody wrote: :o

And the years of dealing with you come into sharp focus. Wow.



Years? Jesus! You've all probably needed new charts made up to tally all the brownie points you must have accrued in this expression of extreme tolerance. Sainthood is calling, ladies and gentlemen of the forum!
Of course I did not read the sources... (LEROY)

If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another. (Sagan)
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 am
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1176Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Sparhafoc wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote: :o

And the years of dealing with you come into sharp focus. Wow.



Years? Jesus! You've all probably needed new charts made up to tally all the brownie points you must have accrued in this expression of extreme tolerance. Sainthood is calling, ladies and gentlemen of the forum!


St. Leroy, patron of debaters and apologists.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:45 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3245Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Sparhafoc wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote: :o

And the years of dealing with you come into sharp focus. Wow.



Years? Jesus! You've all probably needed new charts made up to tally all the brownie points you must have accrued in this expression of extreme tolerance. Sainthood is calling, ladies and gentlemen of the forum!


It is actually not that impressive. He will argue himself into a corner and leave for months, than open a new thread and repeat all the same mistakes. In addition, nearly 1/3 of my posts to him are just me quoting things back at him. He does tend to ask questions that have already been answered.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:44 am
YIM WWW
hackenslashLime TordUser avatar
Online
Posts: 2323Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: While I Was Away...

New blog post: Does My Class Look Big In This?

http://reciprocity-giving-something-bac ... -this.html

A look at the popular educational myth of 'learning styles'.
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:50 pm
leroyPosts: 1545Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

hackenslash wrote:New blog post: Does My Class Look Big In This?

http://reciprocity-giving-something-bac ... -this.html

A look at the popular educational myth of 'learning styles'.


It's intuitively true that I can't walk through a wall - and indeed I've never managed it yet- except that, if this were actually true, we couldn't exist, because fusion in stars wouldn't occur, meaning that elements heavier than beryllium couldn't be synthesised



How is walking through walls related to fusion stars?



in Fermat's Last Theorem, what happens if you are allowed to use decimals in the exponentials ( x), would the equation still have no solutions?
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:25 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatar
Online
Posts: 2323Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: While I Was Away...

leroy wrote:How is walking through walls related to fusion stars?


If you'd read the article dealing with the Casimir effect, rather than scanning it for something to disagree with, you'd already know this.

in Fermat's Last Theorem, what happens if you are allowed to use decimals in the exponentials ( x), would the equation still have no solutions?


No, it would have infinitely many.
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:44 pm
leroyPosts: 1545Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

hackenslash wrote:
leroy wrote:How is walking through walls related to fusion stars?


If you'd read the article dealing with the Casimir effect, rather than scanning it for something to disagree with, you'd already know this.

[.


I am not disagreeing, it is just that I was not aware of the fact that star fusion had something to do with Quantum tunneling
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:16 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatar
Online
Posts: 2323Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: While I Was Away...

All in the article.
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:14 am
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 5
 [ 95 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests