Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

While I Was Away...

[ 143 posts ] 
While I Was Away...
SparhafocPosts: 1541Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

hackenslash wrote:....Sophie's World...

I was really surprised by this book. It was on the shelf of the house I was living in a couple of decades back in Italy. I assumed it was a kids' book initially, but when I ran out of things to read, I picked it up and was completely engrossed.

hackenslash wrote:Oh, read Republic and some bits and bots of Aristotle, as well.

Anything from the ancient world, I've read. I was on course for a degree in Classics at Oxford (unconditional offer) when I realised that was not going to be fun! :D

I'll have to see if I can brave A History of Western Philosophy - it was an optional book on my course many years ago, but I recall it being large and unwieldy and I never got round to reading it.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:11 am
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2383Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

It's very good. It's pretty much Sophie's World for the stern of constitution.
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:32 am
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2383Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Launched a new section of the blog, essentially a frequently-asked questions section, entitled FAAAAAAAAAAA Q! (just my little joke). It will mostly consist of short, sharp rebuttals to common apologetic arguments.

I've populated it thus far with some bits and pieces.

Hack's Top Tips for Debating Sceptics

Why Are There Still Apes

Memes, Demotivationals and Funnies

Public Service Announcements - these are something I've been doing on Twitter for quite a long time, and I get good feedback for them.
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 am
Previous
 [ 143 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics