Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

While I Was Away...

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 10 of 12
 [ 240 posts ] 
While I Was Away...
Author Message
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2439Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: While I Was Away...

leroy wrote:
hackenslash wrote:New blog post about the shoddy thinking we engage in about suicide.

https://www.hackenslash.co.uk/2018/06/selfish-weak.html

I am curios, how can you talk about suicide if you don’t believe in free will (or will)?

By definition suicide implies that you decided to kill yourself. In other words suicide implies that you had the option not to kill yourself and decided to kill yourself anyway.


Where have I said that I don't believe in will?

You really are the worst of trolls. Fuck off.
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 am
leroyPosts: 2030Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

hackenslash wrote:Where have I said that I don't believe in will?

You really are the worst of trolls. Fuck off.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

leroy wrote:
.......so why do you believe in will


hackenslash wrote:
Who said I did??


leroy wrote
well, do you believe in will?

hackenslash wrote:
I don't do belief.


http://www.theleagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14042&start=1000
(conversation starts in page 50 and ends in page 51)




:lol: :lol:
Shame on you, you are pathetic, and a liar…….Idiot
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:58 pm
leroyPosts: 2030Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

hackenslash wrote:Guest post:“Common design” vs consilience of independent phylogenies

http://www.hackenslash.co.uk/2018/01/gu ... ience.html

Rumraket smashes it out of the park.




Evolutionists make a big deal out of it; the nested pattern that we observe could have been a product of chance.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:00 pm
CollecemallPosts: 388Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

I've seen some obtuse people in my life. Leroy, you take the crown. Congrats. Now please just go away.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:26 pm
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1256Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

leroy wrote:
hackenslash wrote:Guest post:“Common design” vs consilience of independent phylogenies

http://www.hackenslash.co.uk/2018/01/gu ... ience.html

Rumraket smashes it out of the park.




Evolutionists make a big deal out of it; the nested pattern that we observe could have been a product of chance.

Yes it could, but it is incredibly incredibly unlikely. It is hyperastronomically more likely to be the product of genuine common descent.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

leroy wrote:
hackenslash wrote:Where have I said that I don't believe in will?

You really are the worst of trolls. Fuck off.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

leroy wrote:
.......so why do you believe in will


hackenslash wrote:
Who said I did??


leroy wrote
well, do you believe in will?

hackenslash wrote:
I don't do belief.


http://www.theleagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14042&start=1000
(conversation starts in page 50 and ends in page 51)




:lol: :lol:
Shame on you, you are pathetic, and a liar…….Idiot



Leroy.


You.

You are evidence against religion.

Your claim seems to be to have found an ever-loving God, but all that seems to have done is make you into the most despicable of people.

You are vile and empty.



Oh, and you are also



BANNED!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:31 pm
dandanPosts: 460Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 2:16 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Gnug215 wrote:[

Oh, and you are also



BANNED!



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Banned for exposing the lies that hackenslash invented?

Hackenslash was the one who started to swear and insult, why didn’t you banned him?

hackenslash wrote:
Where have I said that I don't believe in will?

You really are the worst of trolls. Fuck off.
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:43 am
CollecemallPosts: 388Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

And that response is EXACTLY why I asked you to go away. You're beyond thick. Please just go.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:50 am
SparhafocPosts: 2521Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

dandan wrote:wibble


Well, fair play he_who_is_nobody - you were right all along, and incredibly patient in keeping the deception in focus.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

dandan wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:[

Oh, and you are also



BANNED!



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Banned for exposing the lies that hackenslash invented?

Hackenslash was the one who started to swear and insult, why didn’t you banned him?

hackenslash wrote:
Where have I said that I don't believe in will?

You really are the worst of trolls. Fuck off.



We did "banneD" him at one point.

Also, hacken might swear and insult, but he has never stooped to the low low levels that someone like you would. You disgust me!

Now piss off, you miserable little worm!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:01 am
SparhafocPosts: 2521Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Mmmm... you can actually sense it! It's palpable.

With just one click, the average intelligence, compassion, honesty, humanity and competence of this forum increased dramatically.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:01 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3485Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Sparhafoc wrote:
dandan wrote:wibble


Well, fair play he_who_is_nobody - you were right all along, and incredibly patient in keeping the deception in focus.


There really was nothing to it.

leroy wrote:
hackenslash wrote:Where have I said that I don't believe in will?

You really are the worst of trolls. Fuck off.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

leroy wrote:
.......so why do you believe in will


hackenslash wrote:
Who said I did??


leroy wrote
well, do you believe in will?

hackenslash wrote:
I don't do belief.


http://www.theleagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14042&start=1000
(conversation starts in page 50 and ends in page 51)




:lol: :lol:
Shame on you, you are pathetic, and a liar…….Idiot


To bad dandan/leroy is banned, but this is still worth pointing out. Beyond that, dandan/leroy might come back with another username that will be easy enough to see through.

Where in that above quote is hackenslash denying/affirming free will or will? Dandan/Leroy asked a question, hackenslash evaded it, then dandan/leroy asked again, and hackenslash evaded it again. At no point did hackenslash admit to a belief or lack of belief. What dandan/leroy was trying to prove with the above quotes is beyond me. Perhaps, just once again demonstrating the poor reading comprehension that is dandan/leroy's trademark.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 pm
YIM WWW
psikhrangkurPosts: 125Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:30 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: While I Was Away...

he_who_is_nobody wrote:To bad dandan/leroy is banned, but this is still worth pointing out. Beyond that, dandan/leroy might come back with another username that will be easy enough to see through.

Where in that above quote is hackenslash denying/affirming free will or will? Dandan/Leroy asked a question, hackenslash evaded it, then dandan/leroy asked again, and hackenslash evaded it again. At no point did hackenslash admit to a belief or lack of belief. What dandan/leroy was trying to prove with the above quotes is beyond me. Perhaps, just once again demonstrating the poor reading comprehension that is dandan/leroy's trademark.


I'm compelled to ask why leroy would ask the question in the first place. It's not as if the act of killing oneself is going to change if one doesn't technically possess free will.
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:31 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3485Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

psikhrangkur wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote:To bad dandan/leroy is banned, but this is still worth pointing out. Beyond that, dandan/leroy might come back with another username that will be easy enough to see through.

Where in that above quote is hackenslash denying/affirming free will or will? Dandan/Leroy asked a question, hackenslash evaded it, then dandan/leroy asked again, and hackenslash evaded it again. At no point did hackenslash admit to a belief or lack of belief. What dandan/leroy was trying to prove with the above quotes is beyond me. Perhaps, just once again demonstrating the poor reading comprehension that is dandan/leroy's trademark.


I'm compelled to ask why leroy would ask the question in the first place. It's not as if the act of killing oneself is going to change if one doesn't technically possess free will.


Because he is scum. After getting back from the field and seeing that dandan/leroy was banned, I was going to ask that he be reinstated with perhaps at most a temporary ban. However, seeing the context of why he was banned was enlightening. Honestly, it would be like if a Christian posted a blog about how they almost took their own life, and someone else on this forum responding with, "Why would you do that since that means you would go to hell? Guess you really do not have faith in your religion." It is just insensitive and done to score points. However, there is no score board anywhere, thus taking the low road in this is completely pointless and exposes the true colors of a person. He has demonstrated himself to be a liar (which I have a very high tolerance of), but this demonstrates that he is scum of the lowest order. I see no reason to tolerate that.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:45 am
YIM WWW
SparhafocPosts: 2521Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

psikhrangkur wrote:I'm compelled to ask why leroy would ask the question in the first place. It's not as if the act of killing oneself is going to change if one doesn't technically possess free will.



I am not sure if you had many exchanges with LEROY or read his exchanges with others, but if you had it would quickly have become clear. LEROY always wants to work towards an agenda and never lets anyone freely express their opinion - he always wants to control what they can or can't say, and will just make up your position for you even when it is diametrically opposite to what you wrote.

The only problem with this rendition is that it makes LEROY seem like a cunning master manipulator, but in reality, he tried all the above without possessing even a shred of competence. As with the quote above - there never was any logic behind these ploys, no rhetorical symposium artfully crafted - it was just drooling bullshit stacked over and over for dozens of pages.


he_who_is_nobody wrote:Because he is scum.


I very, very rarely allow myself to believe that the persona I'm engaged with on the internet is reflective of the real person sitting at the computer. They may act an ass online, but I assume they're good people to those around them, and contribute meaningfully to the welfare of people in their lives.

But LEROY's endless lying makes that a dubious proposition. Someone so thoroughly lacking in conscience, honesty, integrity and the likes can't be putting this shit on or the good real person would feel awful. LEROY was repeatedly given the chance to engage meaningfully here on a variety of topics, and he never failed to disappoint.

Sadly, I concur. Events like the above are not one-offs with LEROY: he's scum.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 am
Jason BoreuUser avatarPosts: 15Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 12:45 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

I hope Tree don't end up sharing the same fate as Dandan/Leroy as i find his projections of his personal prejudices unto reality highly entertaining :lol:
"God is <empty assertion> for morality but i don't have to <burden of proof> that he exist first"

"If free will doesn't exist then <insert falacious appeal to consequence>"

-Christian logic
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:33 am
SparhafocPosts: 2521Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Jason Boreu wrote:I hope Tree don't end up sharing the same fate as Dandan/Leroy as i find his projections of his personal prejudices unto reality highly entertaining :lol:


I think Tree wasn't getting his itch scratched, and went to find someone else to hate on.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:34 pm
backPosts: 32Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

he_who_is_nobody wrote:Where in that above quote is hackenslash denying/affirming free will or will? Dandan/Leroy asked a question, hackenslash evaded it, then dandan/leroy asked again, and hackenslash evaded it again. At no point did hackenslash admit to a belief or lack of belief. What dandan/leroy was trying to prove with the above quotes is beyond me. Perhaps, just once again demonstrating the poor reading comprehension that is dandan/leroy's trademark.


Brilliant user Leroy, was simply answering to hackenslash

hackenslash wrote:
Where have I said that I don't believe in will?
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 pm
backPosts: 32Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

psikhrangkur wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote:To bad dandan/leroy is banned, but this is still worth pointing out. Beyond that, dandan/leroy might come back with another username that will be easy enough to see through.

Where in that above quote is hackenslash denying/affirming free will or will? Dandan/Leroy asked a question, hackenslash evaded it, then dandan/leroy asked again, and hackenslash evaded it again. At no point did hackenslash admit to a belief or lack of belief. What dandan/leroy was trying to prove with the above quotes is beyond me. Perhaps, just once again demonstrating the poor reading comprehension that is dandan/leroy's trademark.


I'm compelled to ask why leroy would ask the question in the first place. It's not as if the act of killing oneself is going to change if one doesn't technically possess free will.


Because Suicide implies that you had a choice, if you kill yourselfe as a concecuence of an involuntary reflex nobody would call it suicide

Sparhafoc
but if you had it would quickly have become clear. LEROY always wants to work towards an agenda and never lets anyone freely express their opinion


The problem is that "freely expressing your opinion" implies that you are granting free will (or will)

So do you grant that we have will? yes or no?

Prediction> once again you will not respond with a simple yes or a simple no,



...….in this context free will is being defined as the ability to make choices
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 pm
psikhrangkurPosts: 125Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:30 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: While I Was Away...

back wrote:Because Suicide implies that you had a choice


It implies that you killed yourself, intentionally, without being pressured by other people into doing so. Free will is irrelevant.
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:03 pm
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 10 of 12
 [ 240 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests