Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

While I Was Away...

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 12 of 13
 [ 246 posts ] 
While I Was Away...
Author Message
SparhafocPosts: 2607Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

back wrote:
I am stunned by the fact that atheist are "pro banning" people just because they have a different point of view.


Typical troll. People are pro banning you because you're a vicious lying cunt who gets off on fucking around with people. Now fuck off back down the sewer you oozed from.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:30 am
backPosts: 32Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Sparhafoc wrote:
back wrote:
I am stunned by the fact that atheist are "pro banning" people just because they have a different point of view.


Typical troll. People are pro banning you because you're a vicious lying cunt who gets off on fucking around with people. Now fuck off back down the sewer you oozed from.


however you are still unable to quote a single lie
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:47 pm
backPosts: 32Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

psikhrangkur wrote:
back wrote:well you shuould given that my original comment was a response to what Hack said,


Oh? It was a direct response to Hack? Not the innocent question about whether or not suicide is possible without free will?
You know, Leroy, if you're going to lie about your motivations, you should probably be careful about letting little hints like this drop.

fell free to call it sucide or not, the point is that what hack describes implies free will.............(which is somethign that Hack is not suppose to grant) I was simply showing the contradiction.


Your proof has already been contested by other users, and I frankly don't care either way. If I'm going to answer your question, I'm going to answer it with my own argument. If you're that concerned about relating all this back to Hack, then feel free to stop responding to me.

honety also implies free will BTW.


No, it doesn't. Honesty implies word and action that others can trust, which again doesn't necessitate free will.

is sucide, as described in the article written by Hack implies free will?


Haven't read the article, don't know Hack well enough to get the gist of how he sees the world, don't really care what it implies if it implies anything at all.

is it wrong to point out the fact that Hack has manifestly affirmed that he doesn't believe in free will?


In this context? Where Hack isn't making any argument about the nature of life in regards to whether or not free will is actually real? When you're responding directly to a blog post about struggling with depression and suicide? What the fuck do you think, Leroy?

in your opinion is it wrong (worthy of being banned) to point out the contradiction?


In my opinion, Leroy, your intent wasn't just to point out a contradiction. In my opinion, Leroy, nothing that people do is spontaneous. In my opinion, Leroy, you were banned for a list of stupid bullshit long enough that most of it is lost to time and the more regular posters can think of at least one example that the others cannot, all of which I could probably dig up if I tried. In my opinion, Leroy, even if we were to assume that you were banned unjustly, your reemergence with this new account is testament to your lack of respect for the rules of this forum, for its staff, and for its users. In my opinion, Leroy, I've already seen several instances of your attempts to get a dig in at other users here, such as your previous response to me suggesting that you're being banned because atheists can't handle contrary opinions. In my opinion, Leroy, you spend way too much time here dishonestly framing every situation so that you're somehow the victim of circumstance despite literally setting the events which lead to said circumstances in motion yourself. In my opinion, Leroy, you would be a better person if everyone else was right and you were just an honest to god troll.




Yes honesty implies free will, one is only considered honest if he had the choice to do something dishonest.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, but next time try to answer to my actual questions
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:49 pm
psikhrangkurPosts: 148Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:30 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: While I Was Away...

back wrote:Yes honesty implies free will


This is wrong.
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 3209Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Greetings,

Back, if you can only tell the truth, are you honest?

Kindest regards,

James
Image
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:11 pm
SparhafocPosts: 2607Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

back wrote:however you are still unable to quote a single lie



Liar


Dragan Glas wrote:Back, if you can only tell the truth, are you honest?


And apropos the recidivist liar here, if you can only lie are you being honest?
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:46 pm
backPosts: 32Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

Back, if you can only tell the truth, are you honest?

Kindest regards,

James


You can always find a creative definition for honest that would exclude the necessity of will. But in most of the cases when you call someone honest or dishonest you imply that he had more than 1 option.

Have I done anything dishonest in the Forum? Why?
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:40 am
psikhrangkurPosts: 148Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:30 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: While I Was Away...

back wrote:You can always find a creative definition for honest that would exclude the necessity of will.


Creativity isn't at all necessary. You can't demonstrate that free will is necessary at any point.

back wrote:Have I done anything dishonest in the Forum?


You literally just dodged Dragan Glas' question.
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 am
Bango SkankPosts: 216Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

back wrote:Have I done anything dishonest in the Forum? Why?


Did you ever admit that you were dandan? I havent read all the messages regarding that matter.
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:00 am
SparhafocPosts: 2607Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

back wrote:Have I done anything dishonest in the Forum?



It would be easier to list the things you've done which are honest. The trouble there would be if there's a minimum word count to posts.

To list the dishonest things you've done, the quickest way would be to show user's posts: LEROY.

Of course, the fact that you were banned and then came straight back again with your hand up a sock puppet's arse already establishes how honest you are.


back wrote:Why?


No one can explain the roots of your dishonesty but you. Presumably, some event in your childhood has had a lasting impact on your ability to tell right from wrong or to judge your own behavior.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Last edited by Sparhafoc on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:12 am
SparhafocPosts: 2607Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Bango Skank wrote:
back wrote:Have I done anything dishonest in the Forum? Why?


Did you ever admit that you were dandan? I havent read all the messages regarding that matter.



When he got banned, he posted under the username dandan immediately after asking why he'd been banned - well, spinning the reason why he'd been banned, as is wholly typical of lying LEROY.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:13 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 3209Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Greetings,

back wrote:
Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

Back, if you can only tell the truth, are you honest?

Kindest regards,

James

You can always find a creative definition for honest that would exclude the necessity of will. But in most of the cases when you call someone honest or dishonest you imply that he had more than 1 option.

Have I done anything dishonest in the Forum? Why?

You are implying that one who can only tell the truth is cannot be described as honest.

What are they then?

Kindest regards,

James
Image
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:59 am
backPosts: 32Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

psikhrangkur wrote:You literally just dodged Dragan Glas' question.


And that makes me a dishonest person? why?
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 pm
backPosts: 32Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Dragan Glas wrote:You are implying that one who can only tell the truth is cannot be described as honest.

What are they then?

Kindest regards,

James


I would call them robots.

Honesty implies that you had the choice to lie but decided not to lie. Someone whose brain is being manipulated by a mad scientists to always tell the truth is not morally superior than the guy who is being manipulated to always say false things.
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:52 pm
psikhrangkurPosts: 148Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:30 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: While I Was Away...

back wrote:And that makes me a dishonest person?


Yes.

back wrote:why?


Because it shows that we can't trust you.
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:19 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 3209Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Greetings,

back wrote:
psikhrangkur wrote:You literally just dodged Dragan Glas' question.


And that makes me a dishonest person? why?

If, as you claim, you have free will, then you have willfully chosen to evade my question, which - by your definition - makes you a dishonest person.

Kindest regards,

James
Image
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: While I Was Away...

PSA:

Because Leroy aka Back aka DanDan couldn’t be bothered to wait 2 weeks for his ban to expire that ban will no longer expire.

Pay your respects as seems best to you.
Image
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:45 pm
SparhafocPosts: 2607Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: While I Was Away...

The only feeling is one of guilt.

Such a recidivist asshat needs an outlet, and with this one denied to him, he'll just find some other fucker's carpet to shit on.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:07 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2750Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

Image
Shame!
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:30 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: While I Was Away...

australopithecus wrote:PSA:

Because Leroy aka Back aka DanDan couldn’t be bothered to wait 2 weeks for his ban to expire that ban will no longer expire.

Pay your respects as seems best to you.


Who?
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:54 am
YIM WWW
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 12 of 13
 [ 246 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests