Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 63 of 75
 [ 1496 posts ] 
Blunders that Atheist make all the time:
Author Message
leroyPosts: 1727Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Sparhafoc wrote:
leroy wrote:if you are not a determinist in the sense that I am using the term, the this dilema doesn't to apply for you.


No, the dilemma doesn't apply to me because I already told you before you pointed this manufactured 'dilemma' at me several times that I think the entire notion is specious hogwash that doesn't stand up to skeptical scrutiny.

That's why it doesn't apply to me. You can tell this by the number of times I posted telling you that this doesn't apply to me and asking why you kept pointing it at me.


leroy wrote:ok, he might not be a dishonest person in the general sense, but at least sometimes your friend lies, agree?


Uhhhh? Whaaa?

Sorry Leroy, how do you know my friend lies?

Did you ask him or.... did I just tell you that, as in, I am the source of your information for that.... so do I agree? /scratchy head emoticon sorely lacking

Um yes, I agree with what I told you before and you just repeated at me.



leroy wrote:with this I mean that he willingly provided incorrect information, when he could have had the option to say the truth.


Seems a pathetic attempt to wedge your half-baked nonsense back into the discussion.

Given that I used the example of my friend to rebut your inane claims, it's funny how you ignored all that and simply repeated the mantra.

No chap, I will use my examples to exemplify what I want to say. Get your own pathologically lying friends!



leroy wrote:and sure, the same is true with any other human being. there is nothing personal against your fried.


What are you nattering about? All you've done is repeat what I told you initially, minus all the complicated bits where I explain the relevance of my anecdote about my friend and why it presents a serious problem for your overly simplified nonsense, and you've just ignored it all so you can repeat exactly what I told you is clearly rubbish.

I am beginning to expect that this is normal, Leroy?

I would very strongly recommend you try reading and processing what I write because I tend to be overly specific and overwhelmingly clear in what I say, so it's hard to ever accept that such repeated misreadings are authentic.


I know that your friend lies, because we all lie at least sometimes, we all have willingly provided wrong information, when we had the option to tell the truth.............agree?



this is the only point that I am trying to make, the reason I am ignoring most of your comments, is because they are not relevant to this point.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:18 am
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

I am comforted to see that ancient observations about the competence of Creationists and quote-functions still holds true.


leroy wrote:I know that your friend lies, because we all lie at least sometimes, we all have willingly provided wrong information, when we had the option to tell the truth.............agree?


No dooood. I don't agree. Pop the spliff back in the ashtray and show you're paying some basic fucking attention.

The reason you know that my friend lies is because I told you a story about that friend and his pathological lying.

That's the only reason you know my friend lies because it's the only way you know that my friend even exists.

As such, your totally unnecessary number of elipses followed by a question trying to get me to affirm whatever fatuous dreck you just guffed out after such an inane statement is clearly not going to result in my acceptance of such a proposal.

Instead, what is going to happen is that you are going to stop spouting inanities and acknowledge that the only reason you know about my friend is because I told you and that the only reason you know that my friend lies is because I told you and then you will necessarily have acknowledged that you read the fucking text I wrote which used my example to disprove the bunk you are jerking off into this thread.

You will do that or you will keep looking like a village fool as you ask me to agree with something I told you.




leroy wrote:this is the only point that I am trying to make, the reason I am ignoring most of your comments, is because they are not relevant to this point.


Pop that back up your arse, chap.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:13 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

While I would never accept any notion that all Creationists are dishonest, the evidence is surely mounting that this particular one is.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:14 pm
leroyPosts: 1727Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Sparhafoc wrote:I am comforted to see that ancient observations about the competence of Creationists and quote-functions still holds true.


leroy wrote:I know that your friend lies, because we all lie at least sometimes, we all have willingly provided wrong information, when we had the option to tell the truth.............agree?


No dooood. I don't agree. Pop the spliff back in the ashtray and show you're paying some basic fucking attention.

The reason you know that my friend lies is because I told you a story about that friend and his pathological lying.

That's the only reason you know my friend lies because it's the only way you know that my friend even exists.

As such, your totally unnecessary number of elipses followed by a question trying to get me to affirm whatever fatuous dreck you just guffed out after such an inane statement is clearly not going to result in my acceptance of such a proposal.

Instead, what is going to happen is that you are going to stop spouting inanities and acknowledge that the only reason you know about my friend is because I told you and that the only reason you know that my friend lies is because I told you and then you will necessarily have acknowledged that you read the fucking text I wrote which used my example to disprove the bunk you are jerking off into this thread.

You will do that or you will keep looking like a village fool as you ask me to agree with something I told you.




leroy wrote:this is the only point that I am trying to make, the reason I am ignoring most of your comments, is because they are not relevant to this point.


Pop that back up your arse, chap.



again, to say that humans have the ability to lie, implies that you are granting that humans can make choices.


atheist forums are the only places where people pretend not to understand this kind of simple and uncontroversial stuff.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:29 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

leroy wrote:again, to say that humans have the ability to lie, implies that you are granting that humans can make choices.


Nope. Repeating an error that's been explained to you just means you're an idiot, not that you were right.

Repeating it ad nauseum when it doesn't follow from the supposed axioms I have allegedly offered just means you lack any relevant competence at all and it's a wonder why anyone ever bothers to reply to you.

There are plenty of trolls on YT if I want to go and explain up to an ignoramus angrily declaring it means down.

When I come to a discussion forum, I expect people to be able to hold a discussion.



leroy wrote:atheist forums are the only places where people pretend not to understand this kind of simple and uncontroversial stuff.


Vapid expression of spiteful prejudice exposing vastly more about the mechanisms going on behind the Leroy character than about any alleged forum.

This, of course, not being an 'atheist forum' and me, of course, not being an atheist.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:10 pm
leroyPosts: 1727Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Sparhafoc wrote:
leroy wrote:again, to say that humans have the ability to lie, implies that you are granting that humans can make choices.


Nope. Repeating an error that's been explained to you just means you're an idiot, not that you were right.

Repeating it ad nauseum when it doesn't follow from the supposed axioms I have allegedly offered just means you lack any relevant competence at all and it's a wonder why anyone ever bothers to reply to you.

There are plenty of trolls on YT if I want to go and explain up to an ignoramus angrily declaring it means down.

When I come to a discussion forum, I expect people to be able to hold a discussion.



leroy wrote:atheist forums are the only places where people pretend not to understand this kind of simple and uncontroversial stuff.


Vapid expression of spiteful prejudice exposing vastly more about the mechanisms going on behind the Leroy character than about any alleged forum.

This, of course, not being an 'atheist forum' and me, of course, not being an atheist.


again, your supposed corrections deal with irrelevant stuff this is why I am ignore it.


I am the author of this thread I have been following it since page 1, I can assure you that the discussion has been mainly about on whether if humans have the ability to choose or not.

so you ether agree or disagree with the idea that humans have the ability to choose.
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:38 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

leroy wrote:again, your supposed corrections deal with irrelevant stuff this is why I am ignore it.


Again, you will ignore it because it's all part of crapping on the board and flying off to crow about your victory. You are a genuine master of Creationist Pigeon Chess.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.




leroy wrote:I am the author of this thread I have been following it since page 1, I can assure you that the discussion has been mainly about on whether if humans have the ability to choose or not.


Firstly, I don't give two hoots who wrote it, that's terminally irrelevant but hey.

Secondly, the majority of discussion that you have forwarded, ignored all correction, and simply repeated ad nauseum - then yes, I agree if that's what you meant, then that's what's happened in these pages.

The point is that you won't listen. You are trying to get people to buy into your shell game. No one will buy into it for the deficiencies already expounded - the very deficiencies which you then declare you will simply ignore.

Fine. Ignore away. It just makes you ignorant. /shrug

But don't think for a moment you can oblige anyone to join you on the bullshit train to vacuity.

In the normal world, when people reject your postulates, you revise them. You don't double down to several orders of magnitude. When you do, people think you're a twat both in real life and on t'net.



leroy wrote:so you ether agree or disagree with the idea that humans have the ability to choose.



And you still beat your wife.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:37 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

A loaded question or complex question fallacy is a question that contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt).[1]

Aside from being an informal fallacy depending on usage, such questions may be used as a rhetorical tool: the question attempts to limit direct replies to be those that serve the questioner's agenda.[2]

The traditional example is the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" Whether the respondent answers yes or no, he will admit to having a wife and having beaten her at some time in the past. Thus, these facts are presupposed by the question, and in this case an entrapment, because it narrows the respondent to a single answer, and the fallacy of many questions has been committed.[2]

The fallacy relies upon context for its effect: the fact that a question presupposes something does not in itself make the question fallacious. Only when some of these presuppositions are not necessarily agreed to by the person who is asked the question does the argument containing them become fallacious.[2] Hence the same question may be loaded in one context, but not in the other. For example, the previous question would not be loaded if it were asked during a trial in which the defendant had already admitted to beating his wife.[2]



The correct answer to a loaded question is: that is a loaded question.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Being wrong once?

So what? We all are wrong once about any subject. It's what happens when you find out you're wrong that marks the measure of the man, woman, or Creationist.

Being wrong is the beginning of learning for some. Try, feedback, amend, retry. Welcome to knowledge.

Being wrong is a testament of faith to others. I am right because I am right. Welcome to ignorance.

Just as in every story humanity has ever told - the hero with a thousand faces - the primary characteristic of the hero is his ability to change (funny considering Darwin made note of this in the very area of knowledge Creationists fear), whereas the bad guy is stuck repeating the same tired old lines as his ship sinks, unable to change, unable to be anything more than his programing.

Creationism sank decades ago, the automatons are still fizzing.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:46 pm
leroyPosts: 1727Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Sparhafoc wrote:Being wrong once?

So what? We all are wrong once about any subject. It's what happens when you find out you're wrong that marks the measure of the man, woman, or Creationist.

Being wrong is the beginning of learning for some. Try, feedback, amend, retry. Welcome to knowledge.

Being wrong is a testament of faith to others. I am right because I am right. Welcome to ignorance.

Just as in every story humanity has ever told - the hero with a thousand faces - the primary characteristic of the hero is his ability to change (funny considering Darwin made note of this in the very area of knowledge Creationists fear), whereas the bad guy is stuck repeating the same tired old lines as his ship sinks, unable to change, unable to be anything more than his programing.

Creationism sank decades ago, the automatons are still fizzing.


aren't you tired of making random and unrelated comments?.....................yes we all know that you are a fanatic ant creationists but so what?
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

leroy wrote:aren't you tired of making random and unrelated comments?.....................yes we all know that you are a fanatic ant creationists but so what?


*cough cough*

/stands up

/looks around nervously

I.... my name is Sparhafoc... and I am a fanatic ant creationists! Not even just one fanatic ant creationist... I am plural.... an entire nest of them!

Admission is the first step towards not being a fanatic ant creationist, so the adage goes.

If I was tired of exposing your horseshit, LEROY, I would stop. Until then. Oh you better learn to enjoy, chap - cos it ain't going nowhere.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:46 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Do you still beat your wife, LEROY?

Only you didn't reply again.

Funny that.

Every single time your bullshit gets exposed, you start warbling about something else and just conveniently forget to respond.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:48 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatar
Online
Posts: 2342Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Sparhafoc wrote:I.... my name is Sparhafoc... and I am a fanatic ant creationists! Not even just one fanatic ant creationist... I am plural.... an entire nest of them!.


My name is legion, for we are many!
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:03 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

hackenslash wrote:
Sparhafoc wrote:I.... my name is Sparhafoc... and I am a fanatic ant creationists! Not even just one fanatic ant creationist... I am plural.... an entire nest of them!.


My name is legion, for we are many!



Just so long as I get to be Queen Fanatic Ant Creationists, then we're good!

Now come over here and rub your antenna on my abdomen and if you're really lucky, I might even extrude a honey drop from my anus.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:47 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatar
Online
Posts: 2342Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Sparhafoc wrote:Just so long as I get to be Queen Fanatic Ant Creationists, then we're good!

Now come over here and rub your antenna on my abdomen and if you're really lucky, I might even extrude a honey drop from my anus.


Ooh, how can a girl refuse?
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:11 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Mistakes atheists make....thinking they got it figured out while jumping up and down claiming they can be wrong about everything in a desperate bid to be considered by people around them as open-minded.
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:08 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatar
Online
Posts: 2342Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

I don't think I've got it all figured out, and nor does any atheist I know. I'd risk a sizable wager that I known orders of magnitude more atheists than you do.

Tell you what we have got all figured out though, Bernhard; you.
Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:31 am
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Bernhard.visscher wrote:Mistakes atheists make....thinking they got it figured out while jumping up and down claiming they can be wrong about everything in a desperate bid to be considered by people around them as open-minded.



Do you have any content to your ideas, or did you just want to do the internet equivalent of pissing on a tree to mark your presence?
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:56 am
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Just posting on topic.

More mistakes: believing that God doesn't exist while only holding onto faith claims that every theist argument is wrong.

Believing they co descended with monkeys. Monkeys are our cousins way back when nobody was looking

Believing the faith ( atheists call it science) that rocks can tell time.
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:37 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1281Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Bernhard.visscher wrote:More mistakes: believing that God doesn't exist while only holding onto faith claims that every theist argument is wrong.

Believing they co descended with monkeys. Monkeys are our cousins way back when nobody was looking

Believing the faith ( atheists call it science) that rocks can tell time.



Alternatively known as fundamentalist theist manufactures idiotic strawmen.
Faith is not a desirable place to make claims from. It is belief in the absence or even contradiction of evidence. If you're going to do religion; learn how to do religion right.
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 pm
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 63 of 75
 [ 1496 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
cron