Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

[ 1443 posts ] 
Blunders that Atheist make all the time:
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

Personally, I think he has mental-health issues. :(

Kindest regards,

James

I KNOW he does. I'm just not so sure it's the kind of well-known, "standard" issues you can get diagnosed and treated for.

I think he suffers from issues similar to those that Trump does. In my view, people like that should indeed get some kind of treatment.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 208Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Gnug215 wrote:
Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

Personally, I think he has mental-health issues. :(

Kindest regards,

James

I KNOW he does. I'm just not so sure it's the kind of well-known, "standard" issues you can get diagnosed and treated for.

I think he suffers from issues similar to those that Trump does. In my view, people like that should indeed get some kind of treatment.

I wonder how many mental health issues gets fly under radar, because people assume it's part of their religious conviction. How do you separe deep religious conviction from mental illness?
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:42 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Bango Skank wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:

I wonder how many mental health issues gets fly under radar, because people assume it's part of their religious conviction. How do you separe deep religious conviction from mental illness?

A LOT. There's a lot that go unnoticed. A lot that aren't really specific diagnoses that demand treatment. A lot that aren't recognized as actual issues that SHOULD demand treatment.

Among those last ones, I'd say there's a type of semi-psychopath, jerk, bully, trolly, asshole kind of character, who is only a blight on society, but still gets to roam free.
And a lot of those kinds of persons seem to latch on to a particular set of societal narratives, like religion, but also stuff like conspiracy theories, and science denialism of various kinds.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:53 pm
Previous
 [ 1443 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics