Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

[ 1496 posts ] 
Blunders that Atheist make all the time:
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 848Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: Blunders that Atheist make all the time:

Steelmage99 wrote:Like when you pretend to not know the difference between indentured servitude and slavery, leroy?

Do you truly believe Leroy is pretending?
I rather believe that he is that deeply ignorant that he does not understand the difference. He does not even appear to understand what slavery is, thinking that people that are free are still slaves if they volunteer.

Never overestimate what Leroy can understand, his failure to will surprise you everytime if you do.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Tue May 09, 2017 5:25 pm
Steelmage99Posts: 174Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

leroy wrote:
Grumpy Santa wrote:" However I do believe (again, this is intuitive and not from any proper education on the subject) that we actually can and do exert free will IF we take the time to slow down and think, take control of our responses and actions.

Of course, this then goes down the rabbit hole of wondering if those thought out well contemplated actions were actually a choice or inevitable in and of themselves... but I'm not ready to lie with the rabbits just yet...

That is my point, we "know" intuitively that we have free will, in the same way I know that I am a physical person living in a physical world and not a computer simulation.

No, you don't know those two things. You might find it expedient to act as is they are true, but nobody KNOWS.

I cant prove it, but given that there is no evidence against these particular intuitions, I guess it is rational to grand these intuitions as true.

And there is no evidence against Santa Claus.

Why do you keep getting basic logic and epistemology wrong, leroy? Are you dumb, psychologically prevented from understanding or simply dishonest?
Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Tue May 09, 2017 5:29 pm

leroy wrote:
MarsCydonia wrote:Did I argue this? I mean, actually argue this rather than "In Leroy's mind argue this"?
The answer is no, Leroy. That I argue this exists only in your imagination.

I clarified a different dichotomy you're still too dumb to understand:
- Constrain as very clear meaning which is different from Leroy's "non-constraining definition of a constraint"
- Something cannot be constrained and not constrained at the same time if you understand the meaning of the word correctly rather than invent and use your own meaning.

Queue Leroy's next comment where he will again get it wrong...

so we are back to beginning, you are playing word games, you are making contradictory statements and no one in this forum understand what it your view regarding human choice, will, free will or however you what to call it.

STOP PRETENDING TO KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK!
You are demonstrably not intelligent enough to get even close to guessing what other people are thinking.

JUST.....STOP!

It is like how Donlald Trump exclaimed that nobody knew how complicated healthcare is.
No, you moron. YOU didn't know because you are an ignorant moron.
ALL the rest of us did. It was basically the one thing we all knew about healthcare - that it is complicated.

Last edited by Steelmage99 on Tue May 09, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tue May 09, 2017 5:32 pm

leroy wrote:
Grumpy Santa wrote:[
I do think there is indeed a point you missed if I may... you had no choice, no free will at all, with regards to having to consider whether or not to type the character string. Your "free will" as we understand it was completely usurped and you were required to make a decision you would never have made otherwise. That's what I think is the interesting part... you seemingly had the option to copy or not, but you never had the choice as to whether or not to make the choice to copy or not.

".

sure, the answer is maybe, maybe I had the option, or maybe a was fully constrained to copy those characters.

But it seemed to me that I had the option not to type those characters. ..............My reasoning is, if something seems to be true, then maybe it is true, unless you proof otherwise it is reasonable to assume that it is true.

an analogy would be...
It seems as if I drank a cup of coffee a few minutes ago, so unless someone proofs to me that I had false memory, it is perfectly rational to assume that I drank this cup of coffee.

In the name of all that is sacred! Even when you have it clearly explained to you, you still miss the point, leroy.

This ISN'T about whether you typed the characters or not!
It is about how you had seemingly NO CHOICE in thinking about whether to type the characters or not.

You could not have chosen to refrain from thinking about whether to type the characters or not.

Are you slowly getting the point now, leroy?

I am simply giving my intuition the benefit of the doubt ....If something seems true I will assume it is true, until proven otherwise

And this is why you will remain an ignorant dishonest moron unless you change.

Tue May 09, 2017 5:40 pm
leroyPosts: 1795Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Steelmage99 wrote:No, you don't know those two things. You might find it expedient to act as is they are true, but nobody KNOWS.

this is why I wrote "know" between quotes. most people from this forum understood that I really don't claim to know

this is a clear example where my intent was to communicate something and you understood something different.....

why couldn't the authors of the bible write something that you completely misunderstood?

sure there is evidence against santa clause, one can compare these 2 hypothesis

1 parents are responsable for gifts in the Christmas Tree

2 Santa Clause if responsable for gifts in the Christmas Tree

and one can prove that 1 is a better hypothesis than 2
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Tue May 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Steelmage99 wrote:
JUST.....STOP!

It is like how Donlald Trump exclaimed that nobody knew how complicated healthcare is.
ALL the rest of us did. It was basically the one thing we all knew about healthcare - that it is complicated.

well perhaps you can explain to me what is Mars view regarding human choice......
Tue May 09, 2017 7:08 pm

leroy wrote:
Steelmage99 wrote:
JUST.....STOP!

well perhaps you can explain to me what is Mars view regarding human choice......

Start demonstrating the intelligence required to understand the subject-matter, and I won't have to.

Less writing and more reading is the way to go, leroy.

Tue May 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Steelmage99 wrote:Start demonstrating the intelligence required to understand the subject-matter, and I won't have to.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the evidence is accumulating MarsCydonia, nobody knows what is your view regarding human choice, not even your stupid poppet Steelmage99 knows
Tue May 09, 2017 10:34 pm

leroy wrote:
Steelmage99 wrote:Start demonstrating the intelligence required to understand the subject-matter, and I won't have to.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the evidence is accumulating MarsCydonia, nobody knows what is your view regarding human choice, not even your stupid poppet Steelmage99 knows

Less talking, leroy. Less talking.

Wed May 10, 2017 3:46 am
Grumpy SantaPosts: 382Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm Gender: Male

leroy wrote:

sure there is evidence against santa clause, one can compare these 2 hypothesis

1 parents are responsable for gifts in the Christmas Tree

2 Santa Clause if responsable for gifts in the Christmas Tree

and one can prove that 1 is a better hypothesis than 2

Where's the evidence against Santa Claus? I don't see it here. Actually, the way you've worded things, both 1 and 2 could be true.

"Evidence against" is not the same as "no evidence for".
Scientists don't believe. They conclude based on evidence.
Wed May 10, 2017 12:33 pm

Grumpy Santa wrote:Where's the evidence against Santa Claus? I don't see it here. Actually, the way you've worded things, both 1 and 2 could be true.

sure, the fact that things like presents in the christmas tree, can be better explained with parents did it is evidence against the exístanse of Santa Clause

this means that even if your intuition tells you that Santa Clause brought the presents, there would be good reasons to think that your intuitions are wrong. in the same way if you provide good reasons to think that my intuition about the reality will is wrong there would be good reasons to reject my inution
Wed May 10, 2017 1:59 pm

leroy wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's unsurprising that you would think that Leroy because how evidence works is yet another subject you do not a single clue about.

You even proved over and over with your "evidence against Santa Claus". It isn't evidence against Santa Claus Leroy, just like "refusing to indulge Leroy's stupidity and laziness" is evidence that no one knows my position on human choices.

As I said, anyone who cares enough to know my position would just need to go back and read the previous comments because no one else is as lazy as you to not do it and neither are they as stupid as to not understand it.

And even if Steelmage99 does not know or even if I would repeat myself despite that there is no chance you suddenly became smart to enough to understand unlike the previous times:
That would still not make [b]Leroy's definition of "human choices/options/will/free will/libertarian free will/freedom/etc."[/i] magically coherent or meaningful. So why should anyone care, especially you?

That has become the reality you have to deal with Leroy. Every one here has now an opinion about you (troll, liar, moron, etc.) with perphaps the exception of the other slavery defender. And you comment, you always have two possibility:
A: Proves us right.
B: Prove us wrong.

And you always pick A. What's wrong Leroy, don't you have [b]Leroy's definition of "human choices/options/will/free will/libertarian free will/freedom/etc."[/i]?
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Wed May 10, 2017 2:14 pm

MarsCydonia wrote:

That would still not make [b]Leroy's definition of "human choices/options/will/free will/libertarian free will/freedom/etc."[/i] magically coherent or meaningful. So why should anyone care, especially you?

i]?

I am defining human choices/will/free will/libertarian free will/freedom...... as the ability to choose from different options.

does anyone from this from apart from Mars, believes that the definition is incoherent or meaningless?
Wed May 10, 2017 2:33 pm

leroy wrote:I am defining human choices/will/free will/libertarian free will/freedom...... as the ability to choose from different options.

does anyone from this from apart from Mars, believes that the definition is incoherent or meaningless?

You mean anyone else besides me and hackenslash?

We commented on the fact that explaining "human choices as having option" and "options as having choices" was viciously circular, devoid of any meaningful information.

That happened what? 2 pages of comments ago?

And Leroy picks option A again.
Wed May 10, 2017 3:22 pm

MarsCydonia wrote:
leroy wrote:I am defining human choices/will/free will/libertarian free will/freedom...... as the ability to choose from different options.

You mean anyone else besides me and hackenslash?

We commented on the fact that explaining "human choices as having option" and "options as having choices" was viciously circular, devoid of any meaningful information.

That happened what? 2 pages of comments ago?

And Leroy picks option A again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you completely misunderstood what hackenslash, his point was that all definitions are circular, meaning that by your stupid logic we most reject the existence of everything because nothing has a none circular definition.

I personally don't know if I grant that All definitions are circular, but it is certain that hackenslash doesn't believe that my definition of human choice is incoherent or meaningless

just a FYI, the first one to use the term Absolute Constraint was hackenslash, (an other incoherent term according to you)

and an the definition of will being the idea that at least sometimes we have more that one option (an other supposed incoherent and meaningless definition) was provided by He Who is Nobody.

so we have at least 2 of your atheist friends granting definitions that you personally find incoherent and ZERO affirming that these definitions are incoherent
Wed May 10, 2017 4:05 pm

leroy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you completely misunderstood what hackenslash, his point was that all definitions are circular, meaning that by your stupid logic we most reject the existence of everything because nothing has a none circular definition.

It's hilarious that you think I misunderstood hackenslash and that you got it right. Leroy, now 0 for 1057471.

hackenslash wrote:
MarsCydonia wrote:In this case here, the problem is that a term is explained by using itself (or more precisely, a synonym), which gives us absolutely no information on the meaning of the term.

"What is a choice? It's an option" is Leroy's explanation for "choice" but since an "option" is a "choice" is also Leroy's explanation for "option" we have absolutely no information and his definitions are viciously circular.

indeed.

Emphasis added for the Leroy-minded.

I personally don't know if I grant that All definitions are circular, but it is certain that hackenslash doesn't believe that my definition of human choice is incoherent or meaningless

leroy wrote:just a FYI, the first one to use the term Absolute Constraint was hackenslash, (an other incoherent term according to you)

Leroy, now 0 for 1057472. Actually now 0 for 1057473 because you got two things wrong in this single sentence...

leroy wrote:and an the definition of will being the idea that at least sometimes we have more that one option (an other supposed incoherent and meaningless definition) was provided by He Who is Nobody.

Leroy missing the point, now 0 for 1057474.

leroy wrote:so we have at least 2 of your atheist friends granting definitions that you personally find incoherent and ZERO affirming that these definitions are incoherent

Leroy missing the point again, now 0 for 1057475.

I'd explain again but if you missed it three pages of comments ago, you'd missed now because you're as moronic as ever.

What's amusing is that despite your continual failures and apparent incapacity to get it right, you still try.
You should volunteer yourself as a psychological case study Leroy. You could have a mental disorder named after you.
Wed May 10, 2017 4:21 pm
Grumpy SantaPosts: 382Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm Gender: Male

leroy wrote:
Grumpy Santa wrote:Where's the evidence against Santa Claus? I don't see it here. Actually, the way you've worded things, both 1 and 2 could be true.

sure, the fact that things like presents in the christmas tree, can be better explained with parents did it is evidence against the exístanse of Santa Clause

this means that even if your intuition tells you that Santa Clause brought the presents, there would be good reasons to think that your intuitions are wrong. in the same way if you provide good reasons to think that my intuition about the reality will is wrong there would be good reasons to reject my inution

Except, of course, finding out that your parents actually put the presents under the tree is only evidence that your parents put presents under the tree, it's not evidence against Santa Claus, even though you mistakenly gave him credit for what your parents actually did. You haven't offered evidence against Santa Claus, you've only demonstrated that what was thought to be evidence for Santa Claus actually wasn't.
Scientists don't believe. They conclude based on evidence.
Wed May 10, 2017 4:30 pm

MarsCydonia wrote:[Leroy missing the point again, now 0 for 1057475.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

your scores are just an excuse to avoid any statement.

for example you don't what to agree with this statement>

just a FYI, the first one to use the term Absolute Constraint was hackenslash, (an other incoherent term according to you)

because you don't what to admit that I am correct, but you don't what to deny the statement because you know I can prove your wrong.
Wed May 10, 2017 4:44 pm

leroy wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

your scores are just an excuse to avoid any statement.

for example you don't what to agree with this statement>

because you don't what to admit that I am correct, but you don't what to deny the statement because you know I can prove your wrong.

Leroy, now 1 for 1057477? :facepalm:

Because everyone should trust that you finally got right, simply because you asserted it and not because you've shown it...

Leroy, now 0 for 1057477
Wed May 10, 2017 4:50 pm

Grumpy Santa wrote:

Except, of course, finding out that your parents actually put the presents under the tree is only evidence that your parents put presents under the tree, it's not evidence against Santa Claus, even though you mistakenly gave him credit for what your parents actually did. You haven't offered evidence against Santa Claus, you've only demonstrated that what was thought to be evidence for Santa Claus actually wasn't.

this is way out of topic and way beyond the point that I am making, if you what to make Santa analogous to free will you have to use my analogy with the Christmas tree and presents

but...

Okams Razor tells us that should should not invoke unnecessary entities .......

Given that there is anything that the existence of Santa Clause explains better than parents..............Santa Clause becomes an unnecessary entity.

The lack of parsimony together with the lack of necessity, provide evidence against the existence os Santa Clause
Wed May 10, 2017 5:02 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 1496 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics