Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 14 of 14
 [ 270 posts ] 
Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis
Author Message
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

Bango Skank wrote: I think God only does miracles for certain gain, so he is opportunist. There are examples in the bible where God changes his mind, he can be persuaded to do it. So the master plan can be changed..


thenexttodie wrote:If only other Christians were as smart as you..


Bango Skank wrote:Yeah, im so fucking smart that i think i can overrun the creator of the universe.


Well you were smart enough to recognize what should be an obvious truth in the Bible. Keep it up. Don't worry about what these idiots on this forum think about you. They only pretend to like you when you say the things they want you to say. That is how life is.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:17 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 177Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

thenexttodie wrote:Don't worry about what these idiots on this forum think about you. They only pretend to like you when you say the things they want you to say. That is how life is.


Is this specifically aimed at me or are you talking in general sense?
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:21 pm
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1175Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

thenexttodie wrote:
Rumraket wrote:What good is that? What good purpose in the world does that serve?
One purpose would be to show that, no matter what God does, you will always hate him more and more and you will try to hurt the people who love god and hate evil more and more. Because that is what you want to do.

Well you see the problem here is you just made all this up. And it's simply false, as I do not desire to hurt anyone.

thenexttodie wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Why would anyone WANT to give other people MORE opportunity to hate them? Why not do more for reconciliation, understanding and peace? I simply don't understand that attitude.
I don't think there will ever be any reconciliation for you. I don't understand why you would even ask me something like that.

I don't see any issue with what I said. We are discussing what appears to me a rather pessimistic view of both of the bible and it's purpose, that you have, and human nature in general. When I ask why it isn't more positive, your answer is built entirely on the assumption that nothing could be better than it is. Which is of course preposterous. But I guess that's the only way you can really defend your blind faith in the bible with such a negative message: You have to assume it couldn't possibly be better.

thenexttodie wrote:How much of your life have you spent telling other people that they should reject God? Him?

Not a single second actually. The totality of my "atheist activism" takes place on forums such as these, where theists come to try to convince people that they God is real. I simply respond to them and point out how their claims are not sufficiently well backed up by logic and evidence. I have never ever sought out a religious person to tell them what they should believe.

thenexttodie wrote:Mocking God and the people who love Him?

I don't go out of my way to mock people. But I do mock people who mock me or are just being trolls. If someone comes here and wants to have a nice cordial discussion, you will see no mockery from me. Once people start telling me I'm evil, that I hate believers and just want to sin, will go to hell, and all sorts of ridiculous shit like that, then I will respond in kind.

thenexttodie wrote: How old are you?

I'm 37 years old. How old are you and why does it matter? I have been an atheist since my mid twenties. I was raised as a rather liberal christian, but I honestly never believed all that strongly and always had doubts. So it took relatively little for me to stop the faith business entirely.

thenexttodie wrote:I don't suspect there will be a day when you ever stop doing this.

I suspect you have no clue about my history, how I generally behave, or what causes any of my behaviors. I suspect all this is just some excuse you make up to dismiss the things I say rather than consider how they constitute a problem for your worldview.

See, isn't it nice when we can just assume and suspect crap about the other person? Who couldn't do this? Every time we find some area of disagreement, I could just sit here and suspect or assume that you are incapable of change, that you hate atheists because you're jealoux of them and bla bla bla...

thenexttodie wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Would it not be better to focus on the good in people?
:lol: What part of you is good?

I claim that the part of me that respects science, philosophy and epistemology, and try to motivate and convince others to engage in healthy skepticism and critical thinking, is a good part of me.

Is it the part that tries to convince other people to go to hell with you when they die?

If I actually believed people would go to hell and burn for eternity, I wouldn't ever try to convince them to do something that would make that happen.

Isn't it rather insane to assume I would knowingly and deliberately do such a thing?

How about I just assume you want to rape children? Why do you constantly want to rape children, thenexttodie? How can you be in any way a good person when you want to rape children?

See, this is the difference between assuming something good and assuming something bad about people. I don't actually think you're an evil person, and I don't believe there is a heaven or a hell, so when I argue that your faith in christianity is misplaced and irrational, I don't believe this will have any consequences for you after you die. I don't want anything negative to happen to you. And I honestly don't care what you believe. But you came to this website to argue with the atheists here, including me. I didn't seek you out on some christian forum.

thenexttodie wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Look, I already know you believe all these things. The problem is that it makes no logical sense and there's no evidence for it. And that's why I don't believe any of it.

If you want to convince me of something, it has to be internally consistent, plausible, and have evidence for it. So when you posit that there's an all-loving..

Athiests demand that god should be all-loving and they try to sneak the phrase in where they can. I am not sure why they do this.

I'm not the one who coined the phrase, I have been told it is so by many christians. That God is a good God that wants a loving relationship with literally everyone. And in order to achieve this, we must simply believe in Jesus Christ, beg his forgiveness and then he will enter into our hearts if we willingly accept him. Are you saying I have been mislead?

Phrases commonly used are:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Then all this stuff from 1 John 4:
4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
(...)
4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Atheists are not the ones making up these interpretations, christians are. There are just sooo many different christian denominations, it's rather hard to really tell who is right about their interpretations.

But that's another way christianity fails. God could do more to make it clear who among all the different christians are actually right.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Last edited by Rumraket on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 pm
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1175Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

thenexttodie wrote: Don't worry about what these idiots on this forum think about you. They only pretend to like you when you say the things they want you to say. That is how life is.

Really showing us that famous christian love today aren't you?
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1175Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

thenexttodie wrote:
Rumraket wrote:
We know beyond all reasonable doubt that there was no Adam and Eve. Humans evolved from other primates over millions of years. Done. Case closed. If there really is a creator God that made the universe and somehow set it up to contain life, we can be virtually certain that that creator-god has nothing to do with the traditional christian conceptions of it.


Well I guess that settles everything then. You win.

Alright. My pleasure man, any time. Have a nice life my friend.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 838Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

I am a fan of keeping threads on topic.

It might be just me but in the case it isn't, if thenexttodie insists on showing us how vile he can be, can't it be done in the appropriate thread?
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:46 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1543Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

What exactly is your reply to me supposed to be?

viewtopic.php?p=183458#p183458

Most of it is my own text made to appear as your words.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Last edited by Sparhafoc on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 am
SparhafocPosts: 1543Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

thenexttodie wrote:Don't worry about what these idiots on this forum think about you. They only pretend to like you when you say the things they want you to say. That is how life is.



Or in reality: when you act like a cunt, people start to think of you as a cunt where they hadn't previously even considered it.
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:10 am
SparhafocPosts: 1543Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

Rumraket wrote:
thenexttodie wrote: Don't worry about what these idiots on this forum think about you. They only pretend to like you when you say the things they want you to say. That is how life is.


Really showing us that famous christian love today aren't you?


The famous Christian martyrdom complex!

Image
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
กบในกะลาครอบ
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:14 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

thenexttodie wrote: Don't worry about what these idiots on this forum think about you. They only pretend to like you when you say the things they want you to say. That is how life is.


I’m sorry to see you still haven’t taken notice of the many warnings you have received about your conduct. I’m also sorry to see you haven’t learned from the ban you had earlier in year; perhaps it wasn’t long enough.

Never mind, I can fix that.

And to anyone else insisting on insulting other users: don’t. I don’t care how infuriating they are, how obtuse they might be. Don’t do it.
Image
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:03 am
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 14 of 14
 [ 270 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests