Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

H. sapiens in Oz 65kya

[ 4 posts ] 
H. sapiens in Oz 65kya
SparhafocPosts: 1055Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post H. sapiens in Oz 65kya

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v5 ... 22968.html

The time of arrival of people in Australia is an unresolved question. It is relevant to debates about when modern humans first dispersed out of Africa and when their descendants incorporated genetic material from Neanderthals, Denisovans and possibly other hominins. Humans have also been implicated in the extinction of Australia’s megafauna. Here we report the results of new excavations conducted at Madjedbebe, a rock shelter in northern Australia. Artefacts in primary depositional context are concentrated in three dense bands, with the stratigraphic integrity of the deposit demonstrated by artefact refits and by optical dating and other analyses of the sediments. Human occupation began around 65,000 years ago, with a distinctive stone tool assemblage including grinding stones, ground ochres, reflective additives and ground-edge hatchet heads. This evidence sets a new minimum age for the arrival of humans in Australia, the dispersal of modern humans out of Africa, and the subsequent interactions of modern humans with Neanderthals and Denisovans.

This does, however, contradict genetic evidence, which posits a slightly later arrival, but there's rumblings coming from all quarters that the luminescence dating method used was actually extremely conservative and it's likely that this site alone will provide evidence of an even earlier arrival!
Of course I did not read the sources... (LEROY)

If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another. (Sagan)
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:07 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 719Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: H. sapiens in Oz 65kya

That proves that evolution is fake, right?
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:18 am
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 229Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Visaki wrote:That proves that evolution is fake, right?

OH dear, it looks like the YEC and Ken Hambone were right after all. Better change all the science now. :lol:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:58 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1055Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

ldmitruk wrote:OH dear, it looks like the YEC and Ken Hambone were right after all. Better change all the science now. :lol:

Gahh! Science, always changing its mind whenever new data arises! How can you trust something that adheres to all evidence?

What we need more of is dogma; uncritical, unexplored, asserted in the absence of evidential support dogma. Why even bother looking outside our own navels? All the fluff I could hope for can be found there given the will to sit on my arse and stare into my belly-button. :D
Of course I did not read the sources... (LEROY)

If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another. (Sagan)
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics