Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 17 of 24
 [ 472 posts ] 
Science Law - Life Comes From Life
Author Message
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1178Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Bernhard.visscher wrote:And again avoiding the monkey man faith of his.

And again avoiding the faith problem.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:10 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

I have already stated I believe the bible.... that's my defense ...


You haven't defended your monkey man
......
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:11 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1649Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Bernhard, you need medical help.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 pm
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1178Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Bernhard.visscher wrote:I have already stated I believe the bible.... that's my defense ...

I have already stated that faith is not a defense. You can believe anything on faith.

What's to prevent someone from just saying "I believe by faith that the bible is wrong". How would you argue them out of that? They just do what you do.

You haven't defended your monkey man

You haven't defened faith. Why don't you defend faith? You can't and you know it.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

I'm not avoiding the faith problem... I'm giving you it's origin.....

Your projecting your avoiding the monkey man problem on me.....
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Now your projecting your inability to defend your monkey man faith in me.

I can defend. Bible
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:13 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Since faith is no defense you should be able to explain the monkey man has been observed.. . You know science.....
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 180Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Sparhafoc wrote:Bernhard, you need medical help.


Nah, he needs to visit a witch doctor and have the bad spirits out from his head by drilling a hole into his skull. A really big hole....yuuuge!
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:16 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Claims monkey man ancestry
Claims faith is not a place to make claims from

Never seen the monkey man.

But he still claims yes we come from monkey man

Lol
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:17 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Now the monkey cult is starting to make threats

Cultish behaviour.

No monkey man evidence of course....
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:20 pm
SparhafocPosts: 1649Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Bango Skank wrote:Nah, he needs to visit a witch doctor and have the bad spirits out from his head by drilling a hole into his skull. A really big hole....yuuuge!


While amusing, I am deadly serious. This man is deranged and possibly dangerous.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Same thing with aron ra..... once you got him to shut up his minions shit all over the board....
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Collage of phobics on here....
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

And nothing about his monkey man faith.....

I say my faith comes from bible....
...

Where does his monkey man come from? He can't even admit faith.

Hilarious... he remains a faithophobe
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:28 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

I'll be back later.... lol.

Maybe your monkey man will be found in the meantime

Hahahahahaha
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:31 pm
Bernhard.visscherPosts: 1099Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

I hear some artists have tried veru hard to imagine what it looks like... very CREATEive imaginations they have......lol... but don't worry it's "science"

Haha haha

Monkey man ancestry.

Jesus Christ and they believe it.
Atheism will never posses the knowledge God does not exist. Bernhard visscher
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 799Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Mindboggling result of Ribosomal RNA sequence analysis

Sparhafoc wrote:

How, exactly, do you believe all these species came to be on planet Earth? Did God craft each individual lovingly.... or did God set up a process which would produce life?


thenexttodie wrote:I think God created certain original kinds of animals. My best guess is that he did the less than 10,000 years ago.



Sparhafoc wrote: Forgoing the former, the last sentence is directly contradicted by truly vast reams of empirical evidence.

It simply cannot be true.


I think you are overstating your case, Sparhafoc.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2565Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Bernhard.visscher wrote:I'll be back later.... lol.

Maybe your monkey man will be found in the meantime

Hahahahahaha



Sure. 6 months later this time?

I mean, you seem pathetic enough to do it. You still remembered us after 1 month. I honestly didn't think you'd come back. You're even more deranged than I thought.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3346Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

leroy wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote:Your question cannot be answered with a simple yes or no. Way to predict that asking a question that cannot be answered with a simple yes or no will not be answered with one.


in fact to my surprise, you did finally answered clearly and unambiguously. hopefully this would become a trend and not a rare exception.


I have always been direct with you.

leroy wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote:

Since intelligent design creationism is nothing more than a baseless assertion, they would be equal.


well you are wrong, a falsified hypothesis is worst that a baseless assertion.


They are equal, because they both do not have any explanatory power, as I have already said and you ignored.

leroy wrote:of course the design hypothesis is not a baseless assertion, this assertion is based on

1 abiogenesis requires low entropy coming from high entropy


Which is not a problem for nature, as your own source demonstrated.

leroy wrote:2 there is no natural mechanism that would force organic molecules (high entropy) to organice themselves in the order and pattern required to produce self replication, (low entropy) in the same way there is no natural mechanism that would organice molecules in the environment in the order and pattern required to create wine,


You do realize that wine can form naturally, right? How do you think we discovered it? Beyond that, we do not have a complete understanding of how life started naturally. No one ever claimed we did, however we do have great hypotheses that are based on evidence. Your ignorance is not an argument.

leroy wrote:3 an intelligent designer can in theory cherry pick and organice the molecules in the correct order to create self replicating agents or wine.


Right, magic can do anything. To bad you have no evidence that it has done anything.

leroy wrote:
Baseless assertion.


it is not a baseless assertion we know (at least with a high degree of certainty) that these points are true.


abiogenesis and turning water in to wine, violate statistical thermodynamics, which is a fundamental principle of nature, if a violation to nature is not sufficient evidence to conclude that nature didn't do it, then what else do you what?


:facepalm:

Your own source for this explained why this was not a problem. Repeating a debunked argument only exposes how bad your thinking truly is.

leroy wrote:what can I do to prove to you that
1 life cant come from none life naturally


Prove all natural abiogenesis hypotheses and theories wrong.

leroy wrote:2 water does not turn in to wine naturally,


Yet it does. However, I will take this as part of your lack of memory. The example from the video I posted was a person claiming to be god came to me and actually preformed magic. Perhaps, you can get your god to do the same thing. I mean, you already believed he has done this in the past.

leroy wrote:assuming that you grant 2, under what bases do you accept 2 and reject 1?.........it seems to be a typical case of special pleading, you accept 2 and reject 1 because you don't like the implications of accepting 1.


You do not know what special pleading means or you just forgot my original example.

leroy wrote:
You can call it an idea, but we all know it is nothing more than a baseless assertion. If this were not the case, you would be able to answer the question I kept quoting from MarsCydonia.


I answered to MarsCydonia[s concern

1 abiogenesis requires low entropy coming from high entropy

2 there is no natural mechanism that would force organic molecules (high entropy) to organice themselves in the order and pattern required to produce self replication, (low entropy) in the same way there is no natural mechanism that would organice molecules in the environment in the order and pattern required to create wine,

we always conclude intelligent design under this scenario, why making an exception with life?


I will just let MarsCydonia handle this:

MarsCydonia wrote:I wish Leroy-the-slavery-apologist wouldn't make so many mistakes when he comments but since we're talking about Leroy-the-slavery-apologist, it is expected.
So since I'm concerned here, I'll lend him a hand here and correct the many mistakes:

"I lied about answering MarsCydonia's as I haven't provided evidence for design

1. Abiogenesis requires "low entropy" coming from "high entropy", not as the term is used in the laws of thermodynamics but as in statistical thermodynamics.

2. We currently know of no natural chemical mechanism that make organic molecules which I call "high entropy" to organize themselves in the order and pattern required to produce self replication that I call "low entropy".
Now I'll mention wine because Jesus turned water into with magic and we know water molecules do not become wine molecules without magic.

Magic has never been the demonstrated process of any unknow mechanism but we not make an exception with life?


So the gap Leroy-the-slavery-apologist is trying to dig: no currently know chemical process
How he wants to fill that gap: magical designer using magic

But evidence that life was magically designed by a magical designer? Still 0.

It's something I imagine Leroy-the-slavery-apologist would be able understand if not for his indoctrination but it does not let him aknowledge it or else his "let's try magic as the solution" does not work:
Lack of conclusive proof for one hypothesis, abiogenesis via natural chemical processes, does not count as "evidence" for a competing hypothesis, "abiogenesis via magic".

Appealing to a mystery to solve a mystery only works if you do not value sound conclusions about reality (in other words: if you're religious).
The "magical designer using magic" hypothesis requires its own evidence.

So in conclusion:
MarsCydonia wrote:]Has Leroy-the-slavery-apologist provided any evidence life was designed yet?

Or is he still trying to dig a gap to put god in?


leroy wrote:
I already did. Have you already forgotten Rumraket's post? The ball is in your court


are you affirming that the paper provided by Rumraket's provides a better explanation than design?

if yes, can you explain why?


:facepalm:

Of course I am, why else would I be referencing it? Beyond that, it is better than design/magic because there is actual evidence for it; if only you would read my post, you would already know this answer.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:36 pm
YIM WWW
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1178Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Science Law - Life Comes From Life

Bernhard.visscher wrote:I'm not avoiding the faith problem... I'm giving you it's origin.....

You're avoiding the faith problem, it's origin is irrelevant. The fact that you tell me where you get the idea of faith from does not make the problems with faith go away.

It would be like me saying "I get evolution from Darwin, so there is no problem with evolution".

Your projecting your avoiding the monkey man problem on me.....

You're projecting your avoiding the faith problem onto me.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:54 pm
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 17 of 24
 [ 472 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests