Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is flat

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 2
 [ 23 posts ] 
Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is flat
Author Message
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Bernhard.visscher wrote:Earth is flat.

There exists no picture from NASA that is not photoshopped showing half the globe.

After decades and no picture the resulting conclusion is clear. Round is fiction.

Round earth started by the argument ships disappeared over the horizon. This can be demonstrated on flat plane.... therefore round earth will be sink by the very same argument

Is this a super-delayed april fools?

If not, congratulations: You have managed to commit the 1st fallacy of epistemology, which consists of having constructed your theory of knowledge in such a way that you will never be able to discover if you are wrong about your beliefs.

How so? Because your primary rule of operation is: If the evidence put before me contradicts my beliefs, then the evidence must have been faked/photoshopped/a hoax/etc. etc.

With a rule like that, you have made it impossible for yourself to ever discover if your conclusions are incorrect.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:51 am
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Bernhard.visscher wrote:Earth is flat.

There exists no picture from NASA that is not photoshopped showing half the globe.

Prove that a picture of Earth from NASA is photoshopped.

Start with this and prove it is photoshopped.

Image

And no, you just typing the words into your browser "it looks photoshopped to me" isn't proof, or even evidence, that it is photoshopped.

Bernhard.visscher wrote:After decades and no picture the resulting conclusion is clear. Round is fiction.

That conclusion doesn't even follow from the premise. Even if all the pictures ever taken were fake, it would still not follow that the Earth is flat. At best that would just mean no good picture-evidence of the Earth's roundess exists.

[quote"Bernhard.visscher"]Round earth started by the argument ships disappeared over the horizon.[/quote]
Maybe that's how it was first discovered, but today many independent lines of evidence confirms it.



Bernhard.visscher wrote: This can be demonstrated on flat plane....

A ship on a flat plane would get smaller, not disappear below the horizon. You might be able to get bending of light curves through atmospheric effects (local heat and water vapor), but those do not apply everywhere and would not be able to explain why ships disappear over the horizon everywhere on Earth in all weather conditions with a clear view to the horizon.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 am
RumraketUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

And this post will be my last in this thread. I refuse to argue about something so utterly psychotic as the purported flatness of the Earth. If you have convinced yourself that the Earth is flat and this is maintained by a giant international conspiracy, then you are a crazy person and having an argument with you will be a waste of time.

Get help. See a psychologist. Goodbye.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:11 am
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2708Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Obvious troll is obvious.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:46 am
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2708Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Image
Image
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Last edited by Master_Ghost_Knight on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:03 pm
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 239Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

O. K. Bernie. If the earth is flat please provide me with a projection I can use to create a map of any portion of the earth at any scale that does not distort the following properties:

Shape
Area
Distance
Direction

If you can provide such a projection you will make my life and the life of every other G.I.S expert, cartographer, surveyor, and geomatics engineer a whole lot easier.
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:59 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 212Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Both camps are wrong. Earth is actually banana shaped.
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:38 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4325Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

You've got 24 hours to convince me this isn't a blatant flame bait thread or it's getting locked.

Tick tock.
Image
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:41 pm
WenlokUser avatarPosts: 23Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 pm Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Waabam!!!
Does this tingle your beliefs?

http://flatearthlunacy.com/index.php/2- ... from-space

Also Himawari 8, which can be crossed referenced with Weather patterns.

Example,
https://youtu.be/-NcyhmMtOpY

(Theirs a 4 week libary time for the site so its probably gone, but you can check current images as it takes em every 10)

Edit: This forum also answers some anticipated questions: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/for ... c=64879.30
Ordo Lucis~Order of Light
Last edited by Wenlok on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:48 am
WenlokUser avatarPosts: 23Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 pm Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

...
...
....
.....
:facepalm:
Ordo Lucis~Order of Light
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:12 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 807Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Image

Here with a nice zoomable version: http://gigapan.com/gigapans/103187

I mean I'm sure Bernie will dismiss that one too with some asinine excuse but I though some of you might get a kick out of it. That is, originally, a humongous 121 Megapixel single image pic of Earth. And moreover it's not from NASA, but from a Russian Elektro-L No.1 Geo sync satellite.
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 807Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Yes I know I could have used this EPIC* picture:

Image

But that is a NASA one, and as we all know NASA is a part of the Round Earth conspiracy in it's totality so I thought a Russian source would at least not be NASA.

*Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera on the DSCOVR (Deep Space Climate Observatory) satellite. Yes, scientists actually make up the acronyms before the actual names for these things.
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:32 am
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 239Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Visaki wrote:Image

Here with a nice zoomable version: http://gigapan.com/gigapans/103187

I mean I'm sure Bernie will dismiss that one too with some asinine excuse but I though some of you might get a kick out of it. That is, originally, a humongous 121 Megapixel single image pic of Earth. And moreover it's not from NASA, but from a Russian Elektro-L No.1 Geo sync satellite.


Great image, but it just shows the Russians are part of the conspiracy also :lol:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:54 pm
WenlokUser avatarPosts: 23Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 pm Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Visaki wrote:Yes I know I could have used this EPIC* picture:

Image

But that is a NASA one, and as we all know NASA is a part of the Round Earth conspiracy in it's totality so I thought a Russian source would at least not be NASA.

*Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera on the DSCOVR (Deep Space Climate Observatory) satellite. Yes, scientists actually make up the acronyms before the actual names for these things.


I think this is it: http://www.russianspaceweb.com/elektro.html

And heres a link to the Himiwari 8 images: http://www.jma.go.jp/en/gms/

ThePoint——->.














Bernard———>o
Ordo Lucis~Order of Light
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:28 pm
WenlokUser avatarPosts: 23Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 pm Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

I wonder how long it takes him to realize that my first link actually does most of the work for him.
Ordo Lucis~Order of Light
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:19 pm
WenlokUser avatarPosts: 23Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 pm Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

How does the article have anything to do with Atheism, evolution or even big bang? I don’t believe he author Even expressed his beliefs about evolution vs creation ever. Eitherway, that gives you no reason other than your own bias to disregard the article. If you didnt, then i fail to see the purpose of your comment just then.

Anyway, dont look st the person, look at the report.

Dont let your master Bilu control you.

Edit: Everything because uhhhhhh.
Ordo Lucis~Order of Light
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:35 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2708Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

Bernhard.visscher wrote:I already realize your first link had plenty of pictures. I however never trust a conclusion written by evolutionist., atheist , big banger... whatever... no offense.

I just needed the picture.


Ok, you have good remedy here.
You can start your own space program and do it yourself then. You will have to forgive me for not sitting around and wait for it to happen.
</thread>
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:29 pm
leroyPosts: 2030Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

How do you know that the evidence for a “round earth” Is not a delusion? After all our brains are just a consequence of random mutations and natural selection, it could be that “belief in a round earth “ had some selective advantage and therefore any combination of neurons that produces that belief would be selected (regardless if the belief is correct or not. )
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2708Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

leroy wrote:How do you know that...

How do you know you are not a kettle?
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:43 pm
psikhrangkurPosts: 75Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:30 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Every non painted/photoshpped picture proves earth is fl

leroy wrote:How do you know that the evidence for a “round earth” Is not a delusion? After all our brains are just a consequence of random mutations and natural selection, it could be that “belief in a round earth “ had some selective advantage and therefore any combination of neurons that produces that belief would be selected (regardless if the belief is correct or not. )


Even if anyone were to accept what you just said, in the end all it would mean is that meaningful conversation, observation, exploration, etc. are impossible, as these 'delusions' could be said to apply to anything and everything. For all we know, there was some sort of advantage to being deluded into thinking that you're a person with recognizable facial features. For all we know, there was some sort of advantage to being deluded into thinking that other people exist and can be interacted with. For all we know, there was some sort of advantage to being deluded into thinking that there are times when we sit down on a toilet and defecate.

It's impossible to have a meaningful conversation after taking something like this into consideration.
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:47 pm
Next
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 2
 [ 23 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests