Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Science/News: 'Majestic' Shuttle Image[s]

[ 2 posts ] 
Science/News: 'Majestic' Shuttle Image[s]
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

Post Science/News: 'Majestic' Shuttle Image[s]

Here's a marvelous image of Endeavour docking with the International Space Station for the last time. BBC News, 8 June 2011: Majestic shuttle in unique station image.

"Endeavour is seen here making her final sortie into orbit, making the last big US assembly item delivery - a $2bn particle physics experiment known as the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer. The seven-tonne machine now sits on top of the platform."
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence

انقلابی
About Us
Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:00 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Science/News: 'Majestic' Shuttle Image[s]

There are loads on the NASA site linked in the article. I'm using one for my desktop at work. The guy's flickr stream of shots of the earth from the ISS is great, too!
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:53 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Return to Science & Mathematics