Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Are moral values objectively real?

[ 83 posts ] 
Are moral values objectively real?
Grumpy SantaPosts: 361Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Are moral values objectively real?

thenexttodie wrote:
I'm talking about when parents dress up their little boys as girls and pretend he's a girl or when an older man starts dressing up as a girl and he wants everyone to pretend he's a woman. You honestly want me to believe you are oblivious to this reality? Stop lying and admit you this is what you support.

Really, these examples of yours don't make any sense. I can't recall ever hearing of the former you talk about, parents doing that to their children, and I guess the latter is what, someone coming out as transgender later in life?

The big problem with this line of exampling is that you're poisoning the example by leading it with something not demonstrable and something most of us would agree is wrong, trying to force the wrong gender on someone else. It's completely different from the latter which seems to be referring to a trans person coming out, which most people today don't really have issues with.

Basically, your example is incredibly dishonest.
Scientists don't believe. They conclude based on evidence.
Mon May 15, 2017 2:29 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 524Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Grumpy Santa wrote:Really, these examples of yours don't make any sense. I can't recall ever hearing of the former you talk about, parents doing that to their children, and I guess the latter is what, someone coming out as transgender later in life?

thenexttodie appears to have developped an unhealthy obsession with transgenderism. He sees it as an issue of, what exactly? He finds it personally icky? Asides from his indoctrination-fueled distate, does he have any serious issue with it?

And of course, that is just another prime exemple of a christian's "morality" at work:
Treating someone as the gender they identify with: HUGE problem
Treating someone as property, to be bought and owned: no problem, that's acceptable.

This is a twisted sense of right and wrong.
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" - A public information message from the League of Reason's christians
Mon May 15, 2017 2:48 pm
Grumpy SantaPosts: 361Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm Gender: Male

MarsCydonia wrote:
Grumpy Santa wrote:Really, these examples of yours don't make any sense. I can't recall ever hearing of the former you talk about, parents doing that to their children, and I guess the latter is what, someone coming out as transgender later in life?

thenexttodie appears to have developped an unhealthy obsession with transgenderism. He sees it as an issue of, what exactly? He finds it personally icky? Asides from his indoctrination-fueled distate, does he have any serious issue with it?

And of course, that is just another prime exemple of a christian's "morality" at work:
Treating someone as the gender they identify with: HUGE problem
Treating someone as property, to be bought and owned: no problem, that's acceptable.

This is a twisted sense of right and wrong.

I'm a little more concerned with the first half... the claim of parents dressing up boys and pretending they're girls thing. It makes you wonder about his childhood.
Scientists don't believe. They conclude based on evidence.
Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 pm
Previous
 [ 83 posts ] 
Return to Philosophy