Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Pringles

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 15 posts ] 
Pringles
Author Message
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Pringles

“Is it wrong to eat an entire tube of Pringles for lunch?” #philosophy
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:33 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: Pringles

Greetings,

A more searching question would be:

"Is it wrong to eat?"

....given that invariably something must die in order to feed.

Kindest regards,

James
Image
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:39 pm
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Pringles

Good point.

Some things want to be eaten though. Fruit bearing plants want you to eat the fruit. Raspberry plants are dead happy if you eat one of their raspberries... I assume.

What if you just take a nibble out of something? ...So that nothing has to die. Is it better to nibble?
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:44 pm
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 234Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Post Re: Pringles

Don't forget the Ameglian Major Cow which was bred to want to be eaten.
Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:40 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1186Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: Pringles

A tapeworm larva wants to be eaten.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:42 pm
Bango SkankPosts: 177Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 amLocation: Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: Pringles

ldmitruk wrote:Don't forget the Ameglian Major Cow which was bred to want to be eaten.


It's 2015, why can't we have this already?: http://angryflower.com/vegeta.gif
"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:50 pm
DutchLiam84User avatarPosts: 382Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:27 pmLocation: Eurasian Plate Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Pringles

I strongly oppose the 2015 potato-field genocide! Destruction of the rhizophere is a crime!
Nom...I bewieeeeeve....nom nom nom...I have faith in Eviwution
You can find me in Montreal, in a bitching arcade! I'm proud of my gun, and I pood in space!
Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:22 pm
WWW
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 234Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Post Re: Pringles

DutchLiam84 wrote:I strongly oppose the 2015 potato-field genocide! Destruction of the rhizophere is a crime!


Do you also oppose the carrot, radish, and turnip genocides :lol:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:04 pm
hackenslashLime TordUser avatarPosts: 2383Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm Gender: Cake

Post Re: Pringles

You're all missing the most important Pringle-related question of all, namely 'is the universe Pringle-shaped', a question I explore at some length in the 'before the big bang' thread, as this is the shape ofthe universe if it's 'open', as opposed to 'closed' or 'flat'.

Philosophy is the art of analysing questions for utility. If you're asking the wrong questions, philosophy it ain't. ;)
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:06 pm
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 234Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Post Re: Pringles

hackenslash wrote:You're all missing the most important Pringle-related question of all, namely 'is the universe Pringle-shaped', a question I explore at some length in the 'before the big bang' thread, as this is the shape ofthe universe if it's 'open', as opposed to 'closed' or 'flat'.

Philosophy is the art of analysing questions for utility. If you're asking the wrong questions, philosophy it ain't. ;)


So if the universe is Pringle shape does that mean it wants to get eaten?
Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:02 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 776Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Post Re: Pringles

ldmitruk wrote:So if the universe is Pringle shape does that mean it wants to get eaten?

And if the pringles shaped universe wants to be eaten doesn't that infer that there should also be a eater, some supra-universal being that has the capability to eat a pringles shaped universe?
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:54 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: Pringles

Greetings,

Visaki wrote:
ldmitruk wrote:So if the universe is Pringle shape does that mean it wants to get eaten?

And if the pringles shaped universe wants to be eaten doesn't that infer that there should also be a eater, some supra-universal being that has the capability to eat a pringles shaped universe?

No - it implies that there should also be a eater. :D

Kindest regards,

James
Image
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:01 pm
DutchLiam84User avatarPosts: 382Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:27 pmLocation: Eurasian Plate Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Pringles

A pringle shaped universe is irreducibly complex. Without oil, salt or the potato it's not a real pringle! They have to have been there since the beginning. Ergo, there is intelligence behind the pringle shaped universe!
Nom...I bewieeeeeve....nom nom nom...I have faith in Eviwution
You can find me in Montreal, in a bitching arcade! I'm proud of my gun, and I pood in space!
Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:35 pm
WWW
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 234Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Post Re: Pringles

DutchLiam84 wrote:A pringle shaped universe is irreducibly complex. Without oil, salt or the potato it's not a real pringle! They have to have been there since the beginning. Ergo, there is intelligence behind the pringle shaped universe!


Ergo Pringles are intelligently designed :D
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:21 am
EngelbertPosts: 290Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Pringles

I am convinced that the universe is Nik-Nak shaped. Pringles are too obvious... and uniform... and delicious... but Nik-Naks are also delicious...

I think the more pertinent question is, "What flavour is the universe?" I'd probably say, 'Rib 'N' Saucy'. If there is a divine creator, I can't imagine that he'd have created the universe to be a cheesy flavour, for example. Scampi is also a ridiculous flavour for a universe (and a crisp). Something like BBQ Sauce flavour has much more of the transcendental about it.
Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:42 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 15 posts ] 
Return to Philosophy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
cron