Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

How much surveillance is okay?

[ 22 posts ] 
How much surveillance is okay?
ebbixxUser avatarPosts: 227Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:33 amLocation: Nüå Jøïzæð

Post Re: How much surveillance is okay?

COMMUNIST FLISK wrote:im walking along the street, i see a cctv camera.... im not afraid of it, nor annoyed by it, because i know im not going to do anything wrong therefore the camera means nothing to me, they later arrest me and i go: "check the footage" they check it, find i did nothing and release me

Maybe you're missing how a prosecutor works?

More likely, they'll feature a section at your trial claiming that the piece of paper you pulled from your pocket contains secret terrorist plans and they'll present it all dolled up with a lot of other circumstantial evidence to "prove" you're a spy, traitor and all around waste of flesh. If they take a mind to. And maybe the jury will buy and maybe they won't... but in the meantime you'll have been spending any savings you had paying lawyers to defend you, or relying on the expertise of a newly minted lawyer who may or may not know his/her/its ass from its elbow.
Sun May 03, 2009 3:41 am
WeirdtopiaPosts: 60Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:05 amLocation: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

Post Re: How much surveillance is okay?

People are not afraid of camera because they think there innocent but because they think there guilty.
Sun May 03, 2009 4:49 am
Previous
 [ 22 posts ] 
Return to Philosophy