Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Philosophy guide: seeking bright minds for review

[ 63 posts ] 
Philosophy guide: seeking bright minds for review
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: Philosophy guide: seeking bright minds for review

Ooohhh!!! I'll take up the torch!

...and use it to burn philosophy to the GROUND!!!! :lol:
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:46 pm
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

Awesome, if you can use philosophy to do so. :D
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:47 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Andiferous wrote:Masterghostknight: I do believe that basic logic is the foundation for philosophical argument. To be honest, when I studied logic my trouble started just after the point when arguments were reduced to symbols, made more and more complex, and eventually looked like calculus.

That happens very often but you shouldn't feel overwelmed by it. Actual phrases are not necessary to follow the logical rules, the benefit of being as generic as they can be is that you will know how it fundamentaly works and you can apply that to anything and everything.
The sameway we do not laern addition by memorizing every possible combination of numbers, you learn how it functions and you put the numbers you want later (sameway you learn how logic functions and you put the sentences you want later).
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:14 am
Previous
 [ 63 posts ] 
Return to Philosophy