Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Race

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 11 of 12
 [ 227 posts ] 
Race
Author Message
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Race

No, I do not associate myself with the apparent circus that you describe, and (as you shall see, if you click that link, which you apparently didn't.....) I have criticized racist views at length here in the past. If you have any interest, here is another example. And no, I am something of... I guess you could say a "literalist". I take all words for their actual meanings rather than attaching assumed implications and clichés as proponents of classical racist views more often than not do. Please consider what I have said in the past before making assumed implications, and yes, it may be worth considering seriously what I said.
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence


انقلابی
About Us
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:48 pm
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

Post Re: Race

Wait Dean, so someone called you a racist? When did that happen?
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:50 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Race

Dean wrote:I guess you could say a "literalist". I take all words for their actual meanings [...]


Like magic...


Edited.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Last edited by Prolescum on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:51 pm
ImprobableJoeUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: Race

Dean wrote:No, I do not associate myself with the apparent circus that you describe, and (as you shall see, if you click that link, which you apparently didn't.....) I have criticized racist views at length here in the past. If you have any interest, here is another example. And no, I am something of... I guess you could say a "literalist". I take all words for their actual meanings rather than attaching assumed implications and clichés as proponents of classical racist views more often than not do. Please consider what I have said in the past before making assumed implications, and yes, it may be worth considering seriously what I said.


Or maybe not worth considering at all, even a little bit. Seriously, I just don't care about you personally, or your past posts, or your links or much of anything else not explicitly stated in this thread. Actually, I don't care much about anything in this thread either. I posted this:

You've got to just love the fact that racists say that they aren't racist, they are just "telling it like it is"... but they sound exactly like racists from 50, 100, 1000 years ago. Fucking assholes.


...in reference to "race realist" racists. Are you telling me that you're a "race realist"? If so then you're a racist, and there's nothing else to say. If not, I don't know why you're pestering me.
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:52 pm
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Race

WarK wrote:Have mercy on us non-native English readers :lol:

Sigh. Must be down to my bad conversational skills connected to my mental condition, as WarK may recall from our conversations in Chat, LOL. :lol: But anyhow, I apologize to Joe, et al. I will try harder next time, and I won't post should I not feel that I can convey something intelligibly. :)
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence


انقلابی
About Us
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:52 pm
WelshidiotPosts: 569Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Post Re: Race

Dean wrote:No, I do not associate myself with the apparent circus that you describe, and (as you shall see, if you click that link, which you apparently didn't.....) I have criticized racist views at length here in the past. If you have any interest, here is another example. And no, I am something of... I guess you could say a "literalist". I take all words for their actual meanings rather than attaching assumed implications and clichés as proponents of classical racist views more often than not do. Please consider what I have said in the past before making assumed implications, and yes, it may be worth considering seriously what I said.
OK Dean, I'm going to be more direct.

I've just checked back through this thread, and you haven't posted in it for at least a month.

You are now posting ultra-defensive comments, aimed primarily at Joe, when Joe has not mentioned you at all, not even implicitly.

What's your beef, Dean? What's rattled the bars of your cage? What's got you so worked up that your English has apparently descended into gobbledy-gook?

But above all why are you defending yourself so vehemently against charges that noone has levelled at you?
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:53 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Race

ImprobableJoe wrote:I don't know why you're pestering me.


It's the mullet.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:54 pm
ImprobableJoeUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: Race

Dean wrote:Sigh. Must be down to my bad conversational skills connected to my mental condition, as WarK may recall from our conversations in Chat, LOL. :lol: But anyhow, I apologize to Joe, et al. I will try harder next time, and I won't post should I not feel that I can convey something intelligibly. :)


Are you shitfaced drunk? I can respect that. :lol:
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:54 pm
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Race

ImprobableJoe wrote:[. . .] Are you shitfaced drunk? [. . .]

No.
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence


انقلابی
About Us
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:58 pm
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

Post Re: Race

ImprobableJoe wrote:...in reference to "race realist" racists. Are you telling me that you're a "race realist"? If so then you're a racist, and there's nothing else to say. If not, I don't know why you're pestering me.


I seriously hope Dean isn't really taking that position knowing the implications... I do hope it is all due to some momentary mental incapacity. Otherwise....it's his funeral and he just dug his own comfy grave.
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:59 pm
ImprobableJoeUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: Race

Dean wrote:No.


Oh... shame.
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:59 pm
WelshidiotPosts: 569Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Post Re: Race

Not about Dean, but it seems oddly appropriate:
Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:00 pm
kenandkidsUser avatarPosts: 1117Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Race

Welshidiot wrote:Dean....This is one of the most impenetrable paragraphs I've ever read. Perhaps you should read it again, and rewrite it, but this time bear in mind that you're conversing with people outside your head, people who don't know what you meant to say beforehand.



Bwahaha, I was momentarily concerned that it was only me who found that terribly written or incomprehensible... still not sure which...
Teapublican commandment:
Thou shalt not educate or improve the lives of the lesser classes, the lesser races, or women.

Fiddler on:

http://obnoxi.us/
Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:53 am
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1211Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: Race

This whole racism thing can get confusing
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:02 pm
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Race

Amusing. That video reminded me of the "appearance" issue. I know some people (white, westerners) who would say that Chinese and Indian people look the same. Even their language is similar, some have told me. Whether that's true or not, I would imagine that a Chinese person could tell a Japanese person a mile away, and vice versa, and a Japanese person could easily differentiate between Japanese language and Chinese. And vice versa. I've also met Japanese people who have told me that English, Americans, and Russians ALL look the same, which we know to be false; of course.

And more to the point: No, as it happens. I cannot tell the difference between Aussie and New Zeland accents. Can anyone tell me? :|
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence


انقلابی
About Us
Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:36 pm
WelshidiotPosts: 569Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Post Re: Race

Dean wrote:I cannot tell the difference between Aussie and New Zeland accents. Can anyone tell me?

The vowel sounds in New Zealand accents tend to be flatter, and more clipped.

Btw,...do you class yourself as a "race realist"?
Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:46 pm
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Race

Welshidiot wrote:
Dean wrote:I cannot tell the difference between Aussie and New Zeland accents. Can anyone tell me?

The vowel sounds in New Zealand accents tend to be flatter, and more clipped.

Btw,...do you class yourself as a "race realist"?

Thanks for the response. And no, I am certainly not a racist, and to be quite frank, I don't even know what "race realism" is. It sounds like a bizarre term in itself, don't you think? :|
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence


انقلابی
About Us
Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:37 pm
WelshidiotPosts: 569Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Post Re: Race

Dean wrote:Thanks for the response. And no, I am certainly not a racist, and to be quite frank, I don't even know what "race realism" is. It sounds like a bizarre term in itself, don't you think? :|
I didn't invent the term, nor do I choose to identify people with it.

If you had actually been paying attention to the content of this thread you'd probably have a better idea what I and others are talking about.

Dean, I'm not getting at you, but I really don't understand the point you're trying to make with your recent contributions to this thread, and in light of the fact that noone directed any comments at you until after you joined in with said contributions, I particularly don't understand the apparently defensive attitude that you have displayed.

Would you please clear that up for me?
Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:34 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

Post Re: Race

Dean wrote:I've also met Japanese people who have told me that English, Americans, and Russians ALL look the same, which we know to be false; of course.


In fairness, in most of the places I've been to in Europe, something around 80% of the population look as though they could be from anywhere on the continent (or say... at least that third of the continent.) Only rarely to you come across someone and think to yourself, "that guy is Greek"
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:18 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1211Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: Race

Anachronous Rex wrote:
Dean wrote:I've also met Japanese people who have told me that English, Americans, and Russians ALL look the same, which we know to be false; of course.


In fairness, in most of the places I've been to in Europe, something around 80% of the population look as though they could be from anywhere on the continent (or say... at least that third of the continent.) Only rarely to you come across someone and think to yourself, "that guy is Greek"


I got the same impression, additionally, I saw a Korean speaking of his stay in Japan, he said people noticed he wasn't Japanese only after he didn't understand Japanese :)
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:10 pm
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 11 of 12
 [ 227 posts ] 
Return to Philosophy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
cron