Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Philosophies as Geometric Graphics

[ 5 posts ] 
Philosophies as Geometric Graphics
kenandkidsUser avatarPosts: 1117Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Philosophies as Geometric Graphics

Very cool page, but I'm wondering if anyone here can take the images and display them for discussion.

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/ ... ographics/

Edit: nm, I guess I had a momentary glitch. The only thing missing is objectivism, which would have a whip and shackles for a symbol...

Teapublican commandment:
Thou shalt not educate or improve the lives of the lesser classes, the lesser races, or women.

Fiddler on:

http://obnoxi.us/
Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:43 am
impikuUser avatarPosts: 211Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:58 amLocation: Hell. Gender: Cake

Post Re: Philosophies as Geometric Graphics

Pretty neat in my opinion. I don't think anyone needs Objectivism though.
"Who needs Satan when you have a God like this?" -- Robert M. Price

"In the sphere of thought, absurdity and perversity remain the masters of the world, and their dominion is suspended only for brief periods." -- Arthur Schopenhauer
Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

Is there a reason why the Hedonism symbol is the the same as the one the Nazis used to identify homosexuals?
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 pm
WelshidiotPosts: 569Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Anachronous Rex wrote:Is there a reason why the Hedonism symbol is the the same as the one the Nazis used to identify homosexuals?
The generally ironical nature of the universe?
Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:50 pm
impikuUser avatarPosts: 211Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:58 amLocation: Hell. Gender: Cake

Anachronous Rex wrote:Is there a reason why the Hedonism symbol is the the same as the one the Nazis used to identify homosexuals?
Coincidence?
"Who needs Satan when you have a God like this?" -- Robert M. Price

"In the sphere of thought, absurdity and perversity remain the masters of the world, and their dominion is suspended only for brief periods." -- Arthur Schopenhauer
Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:53 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
Return to Philosophy