Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The place where stars are born.

[ 110 posts ] 
The place where stars are born.
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2950Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Post Re: The place where stars are born.

Australopithecus, I think you should design covers to sci-fi books!

If I ever write one, I'd want you to do the cover design.
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4278Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

I'd love to do stuff like that, but I've never gotten the opportunity.
Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 am
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2950Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

australopithecus wrote:I'd love to do stuff like that, but I've never gotten the opportunity.

I definitely think you're good enough, just gotta get your name and your work out there!
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4278Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Gallifrey.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:38 pm

So I've been compelled to get back into digital painting recently, though unfortunately I've lost the pen for my tablet. Seeing as I can't afford to buy a new set up I've resorted to free painting apps on the iPhone. The one I've found best is Brushes and if you have some spare cash, the paid version has nifty little features like layers (a la Photoshop). Alas, i am a cheapskate and will stick to the free version, which isn't that bad. Switching between bruch options to change the brush size/opacity is a little bit of a pain, but it's free, so fuck it.

Initial attempts were piss poor as I was relying on my imagination. I'm currently using references for portraits (the main reason I digitally paint anyway) by using phone for painting with my laptop displaying the image, which seems to be working really well, and I'm getting the hang of finger painting now. Here's a couple of portraits done after a sleepless nights practice.

In short, the app is great seeing as it's free and I recommend to anyone who is poor/cheap and wants to try digital painting.
Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Also, just discovered that the free app allows for exporting as .jpg and .ps files, which is all kinds of handy.
Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Do you ever use Blender Australopithecus?

I made the world using it just now (in a couple of hours---suck on that God):

I followed this tutorial to do so. If you haven't used it before I suspect you might be able to do some cool stuff, following the hints from the link.
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:13 pm

I did download it at one point, but changed PCs so lost a lot of data. Definitely going to give it some attention when I have some free time.
Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Few edited (gotten rid of all those pesky humans) photos of my back yard.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:15 pm

New.

Fri May 26, 2017 4:43 pm
Previous
 [ 110 posts ] 
Return to Creativity