Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

UFC/MMA

[ 3 posts ] 
UFC/MMA
CollecemallPosts: 348Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Post UFC/MMA

Any UFC/MMA fans out there? Trying to find something to get a little life here.

If so did you watch the Bellator event tonight? Thoughts?

For me Kimbo/Dada fight was the worst I've ever seen. Shamrock vs Gracie was just bizarre. Think they'll run that again since there was "controversy"?

Excited about any other events or matchups coming up?
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:31 am
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1186Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: UFC/MMA

I used to watch UFC but lost interest.

Those names you mentioned sound familiar. Was that some kind of "reunion" event?
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:33 am
CollecemallPosts: 348Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Post Re: UFC/MMA

The reason you remember Shamrock and Gracie is because they fought at the original UFC1 around 25 years ago. So they are senior citizens who have no business fighting. Kimbo Slice was a youtube wonder 15 years ago.A back yard brawler if you will. He and his opponent were winded after walking to the center of the ring to touch gloves. He won because Dada fell down and couldn't get back up. It was the first time I've ever seen a ref stop and stand up a fighter who was in full mount position. And it was warranted. The whole event was just a shit show. Kimbo and Dada were a combined 80+ yrs old and Shamrock Gracie were pushing 100 or more. The event was promoted by Bellator which is sort of the B League of MMA. The UFC wouldn't put this type of spectacle on TV.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:27 am
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to General Discussion