Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Whatcha reading at the moment?

[ 325 posts ] 
Whatcha reading at the moment?
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2956Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: Whatcha reading at the moment?

Greetings,

Zahn is a good sci-fi author.

His Thrawn trilogy - and a later sequel duology - in the Star Wars universe was excellent.

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:16 pm
AkamiaUser avatarPosts: 86Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 pmLocation: Alaska Gender: Time Lord

I’ve heard really good things about the Thrawn trilogy. I may look into it after I’m done with StarCraft: Evolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The very thing that gives us humans our advanced cognitive abilities can also be our greatest weakness.
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:19 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Sara Pascoe - Animal
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:42 pm
AkamiaUser avatarPosts: 86Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 pmLocation: Alaska Gender: Time Lord

The Martian by Andy Weir.

I thought the movie adaptation was fantastic. I love me some hard sci fi once in a while, so I figured I’d eventually read the book. I was gonna look into buying something from the Thrawn trilogy, but The Martian was on sale at iBooks, so I decided to get that first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The very thing that gives us humans our advanced cognitive abilities can also be our greatest weakness.
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:57 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatar

Robin Hobb and her The Realm of Elderlings books.

It's a series consists of three trilogies and one tetralogy. I can't remember titles of all the books and to which sub-series they belong so I'll go with numbers. Here's a link to an article at Wikipedia that lists all the books in the series: The Realm of the Elderlings

I enjoyed the 1st trilogy, The Farseer Trilogy, even though the final book in that one was a bit slow and I almost gave up on it.
I skipped the 2nd trilogy, The Liveship Traders and went on to read the 3rd one, The Tawnyman Trilogy. I finished it yesterday. I didn't read any other books in this series but I think the next I'll read will be the 2nd trilogy.

The 2 trilogies I read were focused around Fitz. I really liked the character and the world, despite the fact that I didn't like the 3rd book in the original trilogy.
I missed the world and the characters and was curious what happened to Fitz after the original trilogy. I'm glad I decided to read the 3rd trilogy, which continues Fitz' story. It was great and I recommend it if you like at least some of the books in the original trilogy.

In other news, The Oathbringer, the 3rd book in Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series is about to be released
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:13 pm
Previous
 [ 325 posts ] 
Return to Literature