Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Registrations not going through.

Forum rules

Once an issue has been solved or a satisfactory conclusion has been achieved (by discussion or an administrator decision) threads will be locked to prevent them being bumped.

Do not expect that your suggestion will be implemented regardless of how good you think your idea it is. There are many factors as to why something may be dismissed. The thread will have been locked for good reason, and your thread should serve as a reminder to others that the suggestion has already been made and implemented or dismissed.
 [ 13 posts ] 
Registrations not going through.
AronRaContributorUser avatarPosts: 544Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Post Registrations not going through.

Matt Lee says he has registered and is still waiting for his authorization. Just like the last guy I invited to this forum. There seems to be some glitch blocking new entrees.
"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." - Friedrich Nietzsche.
"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." - Mark Twain
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:19 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2597Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Registrations not going through.

AronRa wrote:Matt Lee says he has registered and is still waiting for his authorization. Just like the last guy I invited to this forum. There seems to be some glitch blocking new entrees.

Maybe it's... fate?

:)

Ahem, I'm baffled. Asking Prolescum.

Edit:

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't had any spammers/bots making new posts for a week or two now, which is weird. Those things could sometimes come in waves, but usually there was also a steady influx with maybe one or two per day on average.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:12 am
CollecemallPosts: 372Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Out of curiosity when this issue came up a week or more back I made another account. I got nothing as well. Still not active either. Not trying to hide from anyone or be nefarious was just curious and I sort of want a name change anyway. So I thought I'd try it. Not a complaint just trying to give another point of data from someone you can interact with if need be to figure it out.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:16 am

Collecemall wrote:Out of curiosity when this issue came up a week or more back I made another account. I got nothing as well. Still not active either. Not trying to hide from anyone or be nefarious was just curious and I sort of want a name change anyway. So I thought I'd try it. Not a complaint just trying to give another point of data from someone you can interact with if need be to figure it out.

Yeah, thanks. Clearly something is wrong. And it must be fairly new.

I'll get on the case!!

...... of trying to get someone else with the technical knowledge to get on the case.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:

Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:17 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4304Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Maybe the anti-spam being over sensitive?

*edit*

Tried registering an account, seems the anti-spam question wasn't registering the correct answer, then the site timed out. I'll see if I can sort it without breaking anything, if not Prole is the man.
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:15 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4304Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

I've changed the anti-spam question type, hopefully that should resolve registration problems.
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Ok, problem solved.

For some reason new user registration was changed so all registrations need to be approved by an admin, my junk mail folder was pretty full. I've approved the ones in question so they'll be able to post.
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:35 pm

australopithecus wrote:Ok, problem solved.

For some reason new user registration was changed so all registrations need to be approved by an admin, my junk mail folder was pretty full. I've approved the ones in question so they'll be able to post.

Hmm, where did they need to be approved?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:

Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:49 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5005Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Looks like (or in all likelihood is) my fault. We have some persistent spam issues, which thanks to the team, are almost never public. It's a real nuisance, and we've gone through several iterations of the antispam setup to only short term fixes.
Zealotry is never the answer, and I accept I should know this.

I've put myself in the dungeon with only parchment, quill, and a small loaf of stale bread as penance and given it's a bank holiday, I'll get on designing (or stealing plans for) a new dam.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:41 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 2973Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

I was wondering what anti-spam software you were using? Bespoke or are you PHP coding-on-the-fly?

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Prolescum wrote:Looks like (or in all likelihood is) my fault. We have some persistent spam issues, which thanks to the team, are almost never public. It's a real nuisance, and we've gone through several iterations of the antispam setup to only short term fixes.
Zealotry is never the answer, and I accept I should know this.

I've put myself in the dungeon with only parchment, quill, and a small loaf of stale bread as penance and given it's a bank holiday, I'll get on designing (or stealing plans for) a new dam.

Well, I know I always complain about the amount of spam coming in, but that's because I assume something (quick and easy) could be done about it.

If nothing can be done short of straight up blocking EVERYONE from signing up, then I'm fine with being on daily clean-up duty.

P.S. Entirely unrelated, and totally not a request with any malicious intent in mind, but does anyone know the identity and whereabouts of that guy who invented spam?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:

Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:13 pm

Prolescum wrote:I've put myself in the dungeon with only parchment, quill, and a small loaf of stale bread as penance and given it's a bank holiday, I'll get on designing (or stealing plans for) a new dam.

Make sure many Bothans don't die to bring you the plans.
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:50 pm
Sparhafoc

Gnug215 wrote:If nothing can be done short of straight up blocking EVERYONE from signing up, then I'm fine with being on daily clean-up duty.

That seems like a neat solution - simply ban everyone and there will never be any problems with the forum! :D

Gnug215 wrote:P.S. Entirely unrelated, and totally not a request with any malicious intent in mind, but does anyone know the identity and whereabouts of that guy who invented spam?

Valhalla?

"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:06 pm
 [ 13 posts ] 
Return to Issues & Suggestions