Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Dealing with the incel menace...

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2
 [ 32 posts ] 
Dealing with the incel menace...
Author Message
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2995Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Dealing with the incel menace...

Gnug215 wrote:I honestly doubt authenticity and actual emotional satisfaction is the true desire of these people.


I'm not certain. I mean I'm no psychologist, but I think there is an over emphasis on their entire emotional satisfaction resting on attaining a relationship. When these people inevitably project desperation to the women in their lives and end up being rejected by them they start to blame women instead of looking in the mirror.

The more resentment they feel towards women the less attractive they become, and so on. Untill they explode with rage at the people that rejected them.

It's an over emphasis on having a relationship, combined with a total lack of self awareness and reflection. If anything these people need to reduce the emphasis on a relationship being the crux of their well being.

I think these people probably do crave genuine affection and connection with people, but shoot themselves in the foot dramatically then start shooting other people in retaliation.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2695Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Dealing with the incel menace...

Laurens wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:I honestly doubt authenticity and actual emotional satisfaction is the true desire of these people.


I'm not certain. I mean I'm no psychologist, but I think there is an over emphasis on their entire emotional satisfaction resting on attaining a relationship. When these people inevitably project desperation to the women in their lives and end up being rejected by them they start to blame women instead of looking in the mirror.

The more resentment they feel towards women the less attractive they become, and so on. Untill they explode with rage at the people that rejected them.

It's an over emphasis on having a relationship, combined with a total lack of self awareness and reflection. If anything these people need to reduce the emphasis on a relationship being the crux of their well being.

I think these people probably do crave genuine affection and connection with people, but shoot themselves in the foot dramatically then start shooting other people in retaliation.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk



Oh, I do think they crave a relationship, or whatever they think a relationship is, but I don't think these people know what a real relationship is. I doubt they would want one if they knew.

But yeah, there is indeed a lack of self-awareness and self-reflection. Those are the kind of things one should be taught in school, tbh.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:05 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2995Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Dealing with the incel menace...

Gnug215 wrote:Oh, I do think they crave a relationship, or whatever they think a relationship is, but I don't think these people know what a real relationship is. I doubt they would want one if they knew.

But yeah, there is indeed a lack of self-awareness and self-reflection. Those are the kind of things one should be taught in school, tbh.


I agree. I think perhaps these people equate a relationship with cohabitation with someone who will feed you and let you bang them on demand. Lots of emotional infants out there sadly...

Which leads to the second point. Absolutely people ought to be taught to manage their emotions, and control their ego. I believe that we are fucked unless something like that begins to happen soon. There's way too much anger and hatred going on, and we really shouldn't be excited to see where that road goes...

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2695Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Dealing with the incel menace...

Laurens wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:Oh, I do think they crave a relationship, or whatever they think a relationship is, but I don't think these people know what a real relationship is. I doubt they would want one if they knew.

But yeah, there is indeed a lack of self-awareness and self-reflection. Those are the kind of things one should be taught in school, tbh.


I agree. I think perhaps these people equate a relationship with cohabitation with someone who will feed you and let you bang them on demand. Lots of emotional infants out there sadly...

Which leads to the second point. Absolutely people ought to be taught to manage their emotions, and control their ego. I believe that we are fucked unless something like that begins to happen soon. There's way too much anger and hatred going on, and we really shouldn't be excited to see where that road goes...

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk



I actually think psychopathy, and other related deficiencies (including those that would make someone an incel), will start to be screened for in the not too distant future. Then they'll either be fixed or just purged.

And so, in the future, we would never see a Trump become president... or be born in the first place.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:21 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2995Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Dealing with the incel menace...

Gnug215 wrote:I actually think psychopathy, and other related deficiencies (including those that would make someone an incel), will start to be screened for in the not too distant future. Then they'll either be fixed or just purged.

And so, in the future, we would never see a Trump become president... or be born in the first place.


Interesting. I'm personally sceptical of whether our current trajectory would reach such utopian heights, but it's interesting to speculate. It would answer a lot of questions about the extent to which a serial killer is pre determined by their genes.

Also how do you enforce it? Say for instance the mother who says "I don't care if my child is a psychopath I don't want people to interfere with their personality" do we allow them to bring a psychopath into the world? Is that a step back for women's rights?

Probably a bit off topic, but would be an interesting discussion.



Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:19 am
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatarPosts: 3213Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Post Re: Dealing with the incel menace...

Greetings,

With all due respect, I think you're both mistaking how psychopathy/sociopathy occurs.

Although sociopathy has a genetic basis, it has to be triggered by environmental factors.

The mislabelled "warrior" gene is in the "off" position at birth, and is switched on by extreme trauma - usually through extreme, persistent violence at the hands of one or both parents. In reality, it switches off one's ability to feel pain, and thus to empathize with another's pain. As a result, the sociopath can torture someone without feeling anything. It's been speculated that what they're really trying to do is self-medicate - to re-enable their ability to feel pain by making another scream so much that, as the saying goes, "her scream went through me", effectively "waking" them out of their empathic slumber.

Another contributor to this, in the case of psychopathy, is where the parents are inconsistent - one day they praise the child for doing something, the next they punish the child for doing the same thing. The child is unable to infer rules, and grows up without being able to distinguish right from wrong: they'd as soon kill you as say "hello". As a result, they display inappropriate behaviour - laughing when they should be sombre, etc. It should be noted that damage to he pre-frontal cortex can result in similar behaviour, which would indicate that psychopaths have similarly damaged pre-frontal cortexes.

If any of that makes sense.

So, in reality, it's alright for people to be born with those "sociopathic" genes: they evolved at some time in our past to enable humans to psychologically survive extreme trauma.

To deal with incels, and - more specifically - those who are emotionally immature, one needs to address their lack of socialization. Proper sex education ("above the neck") addresses this, not just the biology of sex. Other programs that encourage children to get out of the house, and play with others - rather than the home-schooling attitude of trying to maintain control of the childrens' minds by keeping them in, and away from other children (ie, other ideas) - to give them as rounded a personality as possible, to make them "bomb-proof" in various social environments, is what's needed.

Kindest regards,

James
Image
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:13 pm
ExogenPosts: 109Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:23 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Dealing with the incel menace...

If you ask me the problem is ugliness due to improper development. INITIAL sexual attraction is driven primarily by looks, and secondarily by behavioral characteristics and then personality. So looks go a long way, though they aren't the whole pie, just a large portion of it. Look at these incel dudes and you see overweight,t pudgy, estrogenic looking guys, with facial features that are not masculine biologically speaking. They may be baldering, and all these depart from the masculine archetype.

Thus, the closer you get to that archetype the more women want you. So what these guys need is an improvement in looks, improvement in body language, and inner game to top it off, as well as confidence in their personality.

The so-called 'model' look of high cheekbones, a strong jaw, etc, are all features which are prominent if the skull is developed correctly. Mostly everyone is the developed world and elsewhere increasingly, are deformed facially to one degree or another due to improper facial posture. This is known as craniofacial dystrophy. This can be corrected in children easily and even to some degree in adults via the field of Orthotropics, as well as more obvious solutions like orthodontic or plastic surgery.

Incell guys need to lose weight, get their testosterone up by eating and training right, work on their body language and posture, work on their confidence and personality, and fix their face. If they do those things, even without money and status, although those things help too, even just dressing better, MORE WOMEN WILL WANT THEM.

But they have to work on that.

The lie we have been told is that genetics plays a huge role here. IT does, but not as much as you think. So much of it is due to lifestyle due to the development and the body not developing correctly.

Watch this lecture by Dr. Mew on Orthotropics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhXPh5N5XN8
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:56 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2695Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Dealing with the incel menace...

Dragan Glas wrote:Greetings,

With all due respect, I think you're both mistaking how psychopathy/sociopathy occurs.

Although sociopathy has a genetic basis, it has to be triggered by environmental factors.

The mislabelled "warrior" gene is in the "off" position at birth, and is switched on by extreme trauma - usually through extreme, persistent violence at the hands of one or both parents. In reality, it switches off one's ability to feel pain, and thus to empathize with another's pain. As a result, the sociopath can torture someone without feeling anything. It's been speculated that what they're really trying to do is self-medicate - to re-enable their ability to feel pain by making another scream so much that, as the saying goes, "her scream went through me", effectively "waking" them out of their empathic slumber.

Another contributor to this, in the case of psychopathy, is where the parents are inconsistent - one day they praise the child for doing something, the next they punish the child for doing the same thing. The child is unable to infer rules, and grows up without being able to distinguish right from wrong: they'd as soon kill you as say "hello". As a result, they display inappropriate behaviour - laughing when they should be sombre, etc. It should be noted that damage to he pre-frontal cortex can result in similar behaviour, which would indicate that psychopaths have similarly damaged pre-frontal cortexes.

If any of that makes sense.

So, in reality, it's alright for people to be born with those "sociopathic" genes: they evolved at some time in our past to enable humans to psychologically survive extreme trauma.

To deal with incels, and - more specifically - those who are emotionally immature, one needs to address their lack of socialization. Proper sex education ("above the neck") addresses this, not just the biology of sex. Other programs that encourage children to get out of the house, and play with others - rather than the home-schooling attitude of trying to maintain control of the childrens' minds by keeping them in, and away from other children (ie, other ideas) - to give them as rounded a personality as possible, to make them "bomb-proof" in various social environments, is what's needed.

Kindest regards,

James



Well yes, I knew about the environmental part, but I think the genetic part will still be genetically removed in the future. This should probably also in time get rid of a fair number of horrible, negligent parents, methinks.

At any rate. I do think in the future, more energy will be spent on "psychologically" educating kids. I'm already seeing a bit of that at my daughter's school