Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Kid books and materials

[ 6 posts ] 
Kid books and materials
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

Post Kid books and materials

I've been reading George's Secret Key To The Universe (Lucy and Stephen Hawking) to my daughter, and she is loving it so much that I have to put up with whinging every time we have to stop. I never thought I would be trying to explain atomic theory or the Big Bang to a seven year old, but Mr. Hawking makes this quite easy. (I personally can't wait until we start on black holes. :P )

Highly recommend this one for anyone with kids...
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:51 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Kid books and materials

Comprehension by John Butterworth.

This is a nice book, basic, simple, and suitable for all ages.

My opinion is most people were not taught how to read correctly. Hence the misscommunication. Whether or not my claim is true, is something to test, but it pays to be prepared.

Let your kids read this. It'll help their grades in school and appreciate that dragon we call comprehension.
Unsupport unthink.
Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:35 am
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

And Tango Makes Three

Cute little tale about a same-sex penguin couple in New York's central park zoo, raising an orphan penguin chick, based on a true story. :)
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:41 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

One storymy night

A story of a wolf and a goat with respect to their friendship.

http://monitor.kodansha.co.jp/children/ ... rashi.html
Unsupport unthink.
Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Love you Forever by Robert Munsch... makes me cry every time. :oops:
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:10 am
simonecuttlefishUser avatarPosts: 114Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:24 am Gender: Pinecone

I have no requirement for the supernatural or magic to explain anything, finding purpose in life other than trying to enjoy it, fantasies to explain wonder, fear that reason might trivialise me, or demand of wonders greater than those that are evident.
Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 pm
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Literature