Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

LoR theme song

[ 42 posts ] 
LoR theme song
Commander EagleUser avatarPosts: 424Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:58 pmLocation: Green Earth HQ Gender: Male

Post Re: LoR theme song

I also consider this my personal theme song.

I used to buy my faith in worship, but then my chance to get to Heaven sli-i-pped.
I used to worry about the future, but then I threw my caution to the wind.
I had no reason to be carefree (no no no) 'til I took a trip to the other side of town (yeah yeah yeah).
You know I heard that boogie rhythm - hey! - I had no choice but to get down, down, down, down.

CHORUS

Dance, nothing left for me to do but dance.
All these bad times I'm going through, just dance.
Got canned heat in my heels tonight, baby.

I feel the thunder, see the lightning - I know this anger's heaven-sent.
So I've got to hang out all my hang-ups, because on the boogie I feel so hell-bent.
It's just an instant gut reaction that I got. I know I never ever felt like this before.
I dont know what to do, but then that's nothing new.
Stuck between Hell and high water, I need a cure to make it through.

CHORUS

*continues*

Either that or this, just because it's epic awesome and is quite possibly the greatest theme music ever:

"Only I can beat me. And I never do."
- Commander Eagle
Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:02 pm
CaseUser avatarPosts: 1080Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:40 pm Gender: Cake

Obviously.
I am determined that my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it is.
Charles Lamb (1775 - 1834)

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Commander Eagle wrote:Either that or this, just because it's epic awesome and is quite possibly the greatest theme music ever:

I'll see that and raise you a ukulele orchestra.

if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:26 pm
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

THIS!!

The Logical Song. Complete with chipmunks, fast cars, cheesy models, and cliche dance music.

(I really hate it so much but I can't stop laughing. :D)
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:29 am
aeritanoLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 137Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:50 amLocation: San Francisco, CA Gender: Pinecone

not really a theme song...

or my favorites from Jurassic Park
A gay militant atheist...
At war with the everyday world...

Little Lord Peter, missing his litter,
While Herky plays in the Red.
Down came the Glitches, that burned us in ditches,
As we slept after eating our dead.
Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:44 am
BoundToTellUser avatarPosts: 13Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:33 pmLocation: Georgia, US Gender: Pinecone

Clearly,

daerht/
"I am bound to tell what I am told, but not in every case to believe it." - Herodotus, 'Father of History'

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/BoundToTell
Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:36 am
TheFlyingBastardUser avatarPosts: 787Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 am Gender: Male

I don't think so, BoundToTell.

A song where they wonder how shit works and then refuse to talk to a scientist "because they're liars and pissing [them] off" automatically fails the cut.
Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 am
Pennies for ThoughtsUser avatarPosts: 237Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:47 amLocation: San Francisco Gender: Male

Is it even possible for one song to span the grandeur? Here's one for science, one for religion, one for philosophy and one for the holidays.

"It ain't what you don't know that hurts you. It's what you do know that ain't so." -- Will Rogers
Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:27 am
SparkyUser avatarPosts: 148Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:17 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Perhaps not a great theme song for the LoR but it's still quite funny

Or perhaps this?
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
~Andre Gide
Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:25 am
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:19 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

:P
Unsupport unthink.
Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:58 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

lrkun wrote:

:P

Well if we're going to go that rout we might as well:
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:06 pm
ClotifothUser avatarPosts: 41Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:03 am

For memesake.
Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Surely...

“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:55 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

This one rocks.
Unsupport unthink.
Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

lrkun wrote:

This one rocks.

Got my vote.

Aside from the other laudable qualities, tidbits of this can easily be played as an opening or in the background without being a distraction.

EDIT: it's got a certain rainbow road feel to it, doesn't it?
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:24 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

This was just posted by Rebecca Watson on skepchick. Probably not hard-hitting enough but it might fit the bill, especially if we wanted to trick people into coming here with the help of cute girls...

“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:47 pm
RichardMNixonUser avatarPosts: 1047Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:45 pmLocation: USA Gender: Pinecone

Pretty all-ecompassing
"When I come to my own beliefs, I find myself quite unable to discern any purpose in the universe, and still more unable to wish to discern one." ~ Bertrand Russell
"If we do not succeed, we run the risk of failure." ~ Dan Quayle
Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 pm
ClotifothUser avatarPosts: 41Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:03 am

Many parts of this would be pretty cool as intros, methinks. :D
Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:26 pm
DeathofSpeechUser avatarPosts: 220Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:28 pmLocation: I can't know with certainty Gender: Tree

The Reasons... err I mean The Raisins... "Fear is Never Boring."
Reason Bran, with two scoops of Objectivity in every box and loaded with Bran fiber goodness...
...you'll never be full of shit again.

Science - You can see why it works.
Religion - You can't see why it doesn't work
Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:58 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 42 posts ] 
Return to Music