Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The Case for Idealism

[ 855 posts ] 
The Case for Idealism
momo666Posts: 132Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:25 am Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: The Case for Idealism

Monistic Idealism wrote:No, that's not how the concept of relevance works... We can't be talking about a specific topic and you alone get to pick and choose what is and isn't relevant, that's total bullshit... If anyone gets to decide what is relevant around here it's me since I'm the OP. I've already explained OP and have caught you contradicting yourself over and over again and have caught you admitting you understand. Time to address the validity of the argument or fuck off

It is, if what is being thrown around concerns me. I am addressing your argument and the fact is that you have not yet explained what this "mind" concept is. You merely want me to take it for granted just as you do. As for your accusations, I will just point out they lack any substance.
Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:54 pm
Monistic IdealismPosts: 365Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 3:16 am Gender: Male

No, you don't get to pick and choose what is/isn't relevant to a particular topic, that's not how it works. And I have explained this for you and caught you contradicting your self on this: "I notice"="I am conscious"=Premise 1 is true. You've been caught in a contradiction momo, I'm tired of this repetitive bullshit. You're done.
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Monistic Idealism wrote:No, you don't get to pick and choose what is/isn't relevant to a particular topic, that's not how it works. And I have explained this for you and caught you contradicting your self on this: "I notice"="I am conscious"=Premise 1 is true.

I do if the topic at hand is something that concerns me. As it stands, I judged that a baseless accusation at my address is relevant. As for your other claims, you will have to be a bit more precise than asserting I have contradicted myself. Notice that in neither of those examples is there an explanation for that which does the noticing or that which is conscious. Until you provide that explanation, we don't even know if you have a first premise, let alone if it's true.
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Until you provide that explanation, we don't even know if you have a first premise

"I notice"="I am conscious"=Premise 1 is true by your own admission. it's game over no matter how much you repeat yourself.

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet, momo...
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Monistic Idealism wrote:
"I notice"="I am conscious"=Premise 1 is true by your own admission.

And since you have not explained what this "I" is, your assertions are really meaningless. Far be it from your first premise being true, we do not even know if you have a first premise to begin with.
Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:29 pm

Far be it from your first premise being true, we do not even know if you have a first premise to begin with.

So you're just going to keep repeating yourself. Fine I can do this too:

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Monistic Idealism wrote:So you're just going to keep repeating yourself. Fine I can do this too:

This is just amusing, considering you have now posted the contents of that photo at least 3 times; even though I have specifically asked you how do said contents answer my line of inquiry. It should be fairly simple for you to explain how exactly does your copy/pasta explain this "I". That you still don't understand that just goes to highlight what has been obvious for some time now; you have no idea what "mind" is.
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:36 pm

This is just amusing, considering you have now posted the contents of that photo at least 3 times

You're the one who keeps repeating themselves over and over. Just responding in like fashion. Can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen lol

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Monistic Idealism wrote:You're the one who keeps repeating themselves over and over. Just responding in like fashion. Can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen lol

What heat ? Anyhow, you are yet again misjudging the situation. You are the one who keeps repeating your stated belief. I have specifically asked you how does said stated belief and the contents of your posted photo explain this "I". You have yet to explain what notices and/or what is conscious. You can respond in any fashion you like, it won't change a thing about the fact that you have no idea what "mind" is.
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Anyhow, you are yet again misjudging the situation.

Actually you are. You're the one who already admitted premise 1 is true and you just keep repeating the same shit I already addressed long ago.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Monistic Idealism wrote:You're the one who already admitted premise 1 is true and you just keep repeating the same shit I already addressed long ago.

You don't have a first premise for me to "admit" to as being true. This is why this whole debate is taking place to begin with. I have asked you to clarify what exactly do you claim exists so we can at least see if you have a premise to begin with, let alone one that is true. And this is why, to this day, you have utterly failed to address my line of inquiry and you are utterly impotent at explaining what "mind" is.
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:46 pm

You don't have a first premise for me to "admit" to as being true

Nice try, liar. I already have your confession:

Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Monistic Idealism wrote: I already have your confession:

What exactly do you believe I have "confessed"; and could you directly quote that or provide a timestamp of the comment in question?
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm

What exactly do you believe I have "confessed"

That you are conscious, learn to read.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Monistic Idealism wrote:That you are conscious, learn to read.

Where in there do you see an explanation of this "I" ?
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Monistic Idealism wrote:"I notice"="I am conscious"=Premise 1 is true by your own admission.

Where in that assertion is this "I" explained?
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Monistic Idealism wrote:"I notice"="I am conscious"=Premise 1 is true

You are still committing the same basic mistake that you have been unable to overcome from the very beginning. That which you are supposed to explain is merely taken for granted. The obvious fact is that you simply have no idea what "mind" is, otherwise you would not try so hard to evade what should be fairly simple.
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:46 pm

You are still committing the same basic mistake that you have been unable to overcome from the very beginning.

Actually that would be you. You're the one who keeps contradicting themselves and admitting they are wrong:

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:27 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 855 posts ] 
Return to Philosophy