Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Death by Cop?

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 18 posts ] 
Death by Cop?
Author Message
SparhafocPosts: 2607Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Death by Cop?

Trump wrote:Two long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department. Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff......


Just gob-smackingly, inanely stupid.

Donald Trump is... once again... using Twitter to apparently subvert USA's rule of law.

There's the typical implication that it's all politically motivated by saying that the investigations were started during Obama's presidency (factually, only one was anyway, but hey 'facts').

There's the typical implication that the Republican run Department of Justice is failing to shield the president and the president's allies from justice.

There's the typical implication that the USA's rule of law is meant to serve Donald Trump and his political agenda.


Absolutely mental. If this happened in a Banana Republic, you wouldn't bat an eye, but if this happened in any Western democracy it would be beyond scandalous and the perpetrator would be forced to resign.

Just how much damage can one person do? The constitution doesn't seem capable of restraining autocratic personalities when Congress is dominated by sycophantic supporters.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:48 am
thenexttodiePosts: 901Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Death by Cop?

That's almost as bad as Obama allowing Hezbollah to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs into the US.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 pm
IBSpifyUser avatarPosts: 463Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Death by Cop?

thenexttodie wrote:That's almost as bad as Obama allowing Hezbollah to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs into the US.

I'm going to guess you have no source for this because it sounds like complete BS.
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 am
Steelmage99Posts: 203Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Death by Cop?

thenexttodie wrote:That's almost as bad as Obama allowing Hezbollah to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs into the US.


That sounds like one of those statements that absolutely demand some supporting evidence.

Are you capable of providing some?
Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:28 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatar
Online
Posts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Death by Cop?

thenexttodie wrote:That's almost as bad as Obama allowing Hezbollah to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs into the US.



TNTD, if you're going to continue making this kind of inane, idiotic, out-of-the-blue, unsubstantiated, outrageous, completely-irrelevant-to-the-argument-at-hand (why do you think one can wash one's hands in other people's dirt??), wannabe-but-actually-totally-failed-gotcha arguments, then you can just piss right off again.

And really... why in the absolute hell would Obama even want to do something like that? Why does your kind always have to make such absolutely outrageous accusations, where you downright paint the opposite as some kind of movie-level evil villain type character?
You're not seeing us calling Trump the Anti-Christ, baby-killer, psycho-rapist. At worst, we may call him all kinds of stupid, and incompetent, but not for a second do we (I presume most of us) think he's some kind of actual evil. (He's basically too stupid...)

Is it really possible that you are ACTUALLY THAT stupid to actually believe that kind of mega hyperbole and insane rumours?
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Death by Cop?

Gnug215 wrote:TNTD, if you're going to continue making this kind of inane, idiotic, out-of-the-blue, unsubstantiated, outrageous, completely-irrelevant-to-the-argument-at-hand (why do you think one can wash one's hands in other people's dirt??), wannabe-but-actually-totally-failed-gotcha arguments, then you can just piss right off again.

And really... why in the absolute hell would Obama even want to do something like that? Why does your kind always have to make such absolutely outrageous accusations, where you downright paint the opposite as some kind of movie-level evil villain type character?
You're not seeing us calling Trump the Anti-Christ, baby-killer, psycho-rapist. At worst, we may call him all kinds of stupid, and incompetent, but not for a second do we (I presume most of us) think he's some kind of actual evil. (He's basically too stupid...)

Is it really possible that you are ACTUALLY THAT stupid to actually believe that kind of mega hyperbole and insane rumours?


I still find it funny that people are trying to reason with a troll.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:47 am
YIM WWW
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatar
Online
Posts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Death by Cop?

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:TNTD, if you're going to continue making this kind of inane, idiotic, out-of-the-blue, unsubstantiated, outrageous, completely-irrelevant-to-the-argument-at-hand (why do you think one can wash one's hands in other people's dirt??), wannabe-but-actually-totally-failed-gotcha arguments, then you can just piss right off again.

And really... why in the absolute hell would Obama even want to do something like that? Why does your kind always have to make such absolutely outrageous accusations, where you downright paint the opposite as some kind of movie-level evil villain type character?
You're not seeing us calling Trump the Anti-Christ, baby-killer, psycho-rapist. At worst, we may call him all kinds of stupid, and incompetent, but not for a second do we (I presume most of us) think he's some kind of actual evil. (He's basically too stupid...)

Is it really possible that you are ACTUALLY THAT stupid to actually believe that kind of mega hyperbole and insane rumours?


I still find it funny that people are trying to reason with a troll.


Not trying to reason with him. Just trying to point out exactly how stupid his trolling really is. Whether he's actually trolling (in the true, original sense of the word), or just being himself, either way it's idiotic.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:36 am
thenexttodiePosts: 901Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Death by Cop?

IBSpify wrote: I'm going to guess you have no source for this because it sounds like complete BS.


Amazing! It was reported in almost every major news outlet I can think of.

https://www.newsweek.com/hezbollah-coca ... ama-751928
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:45 pm
psikhrangkurPosts: 148Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:30 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Death by Cop?

thenexttodie wrote:Amazing! It was reported in almost every major news outlet I can think of.

https://www.newsweek.com/hezbollah-coca ... ama-751928


The first report I've found on the subject is this article from Politico:

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2 ... stigation/

While I haven't finished the article just yet, it seems to suggest a great deal more nuance than simply, "Obama allowed Hezbollah to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs into the US". For one thing, it implies that the administration felt that the Iran Nuclear Deal was a greater priority at the time, and for another, it suggests that John Brennan felt that Hezbollah had grown from being just a terrorist organization into a real political entity which had more moderate elements that could be fostered.

I mean, if by "allowed Hezbollah to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs into the US", you mean that the administration didn't take every step possible to shut down Hezbollah immediately, then sure?
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:49 pm
Steelmage99Posts: 203Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Death by Cop?

We are dealing with people that uncritically accepts any statement (no matter how ridiculous), and completely blocks out when the statement is disproven or no evidence is presented in support of the statement.
We are talking about people who says; "Democrats are criminals", and in the back of their heads, they go;

- Hillary knowingly and deceitfully mishandled 30.000 Top Secret e-mails
- Hillary sold 20% of US' uranium to Russia
- Obama wiretapped Trump in Trump Tower
- Hillary was the cause of Benghazi
- Deep State operatives illegally unmasked American citizens
- A lot of Democrats are pedophiles, that had secret meetings in a pizza parlour
- Barack Obama isn't an American
- The Nunes Memo proves that the DOJ abused FISA warrants
- The Steele Dossier has been completely disproven
- Europe is falling apart due to rampant crimes caused by immigrants
- Obama is the father of ISIS
- Hillary would have started WW3 with Russia over Syria
- Democrats wants to allow everybody (and especially "Muslim terrorists") into the US - with no vetting whatsoever.
- Obama gave millions to Iran to support terrorism
- CNN was raided by the FCC for deceiving the American public
- Hillary has had several people killed because they "knew too much"
- Nancy Pelosi was arrested by the Secret Service for an attempted coup against the US President.


Facts do not matter to these people. It doesn't matter if the ridiculous statements are later shown to be misleading or plain wrong.
The damage has been done, and the statements have already taken part in forming the opinions of these people.
Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:11 pm
Steelmage99Posts: 203Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Death by Cop?

psikhrangkur wrote:
thenexttodie wrote:Amazing! It was reported in almost every major news outlet I can think of.

https://www.newsweek.com/hezbollah-coca ... ama-751928


The first report I've found on the subject is this article from Politico:

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2 ... stigation/

While I haven't finished the article just yet, it seems to suggest a great deal more nuance than simply, "Obama allowed Hezbollah to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs into the US". For one thing, it implies that the administration felt that the Iran Nuclear Deal was a greater priority at the time, and for another, it suggests that John Brennan felt that Hezbollah had grown from being just a terrorist organization into a real political entity which had more moderate elements that could be fostered.

I mean, if by "allowed Hezbollah to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs into the US", you mean that the administration didn't take every step possible to shut down Hezbollah immediately, then sure?


It is comparable to idiots claiming that President Obama gave millions of dollars to Iran - and then say nothing else.
Blunder that theists make all the time;

Pretending to know what other people think.
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:13 pm
MarsCydoniaUser avatarPosts: 878Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post Re: Death by Cop?

Whataboutism is a very serious disease that, if left untreated, will lead to people considering you a complete joke.
"Slavery is morally ok" -
"I don't know how the burden of proof works in the mind of atheists but I don't have to prove my claims" -
Public information messages from the League of Reason's christians
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 pm
SparhafocPosts: 2607Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Death by Cop?

thenexttodie wrote:That's almost as bad as Obama allowing Hezbollah to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs into the US.



We have a Whatabout, ladies and gentlemen!
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:01 am
thenexttodiePosts: 901Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Death by Cop?

Sparhafoc wrote:
We have a Whatabout, ladies and gentlemen!


I simply wanted to point out that for our governing authorities in the US to subvert the rule of law = business as usual. You should know this. There was even a heavy metal band that did an entire album which personified the inherent corruption of our judicial system- way back in 1980. I have no dog in the stupid cat fight which goes on between republicans and democrates.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:43 pm
SparhafocPosts: 2607Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Death by Cop?

thenexttodie wrote:
Sparhafoc wrote:
We have a Whatabout, ladies and gentlemen!


I simply wanted to point out that for our governing authorities in the US to subvert the rule of law = business as usual. You should know this. There was even a heavy metal band that did an entire album which personified the inherent corruption of our judicial system- way back in 1980. I have no dog in the stupid cat fight which goes on between republicans and democrates.



None of which is relevant to the clear case of Whataboutism you sought to employ.

I didn't attempt to posit your motivations for doing so, which makes it odd that you appear to think I was accusing you of partisanship, but Whatabout you did factually do.

Don't get me wrong: I see this inane shit day in, day out. Idiocracy reigns on the internet. But this forum is, at least nominally, a place which extols the employment of reason.

Whataboutism is antithetical to reason, not least because it essentially works as a tacit admission of error or crime and thus is self-defeating.

However, this thread has a perfectly transparent argument that Trump is subverting the rule of law.

Your response is to say that someone else subverted the rule of law.

Even if it were true - whereas in your case, your response is manifestly bullshit - that wouldn't have any impact whatsoever on whether Trump was subverting the rule of law.

An alleged criminal can't claim Not Guilty on account of someone else having allegedly committed some other crime. It doesn't work that way. In fact, nothing does. It doesn't even work at junior school level. Even kids see through this shit.

So regardless of your supposed non-partisan motivation, you still posted a stupid response and rather than acknowledge it, you've doubled down.
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:08 pm
thenexttodiePosts: 901Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: Death by Cop?

Sparhafoc, you sound like you are more angry with me than you are with Donald Trump.
“..the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” Tolstoy
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:20 pm
SparhafocPosts: 2607Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Post Re: Death by Cop?

thenexttodie wrote:Sparhafoc, you sound like you are more angry with me than you are with Donald Trump.



Perhaps you need to get your hearing aid replaced then?

Or maybe try reading what I've written without projecting manufactured emotional states onto me?

Or do you just assume that people are angry with you whenever they show why your reasoning is so spectacularly shit?


Any which way, your tone-trolling isn't really going to serve you well considering how many times you've been told by the moderators to stop employing these juvenile discoursive distractions - perhaps the thread's title was more apposite than I had initially imagined?
"a reprehensible human being"
Beliefs are, by definition, things we don't know to be true.
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:32 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatar
Online
Posts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Death by Cop?

thenexttodie wrote:Sparhafoc, you sound like you are more angry with me than you are with Donald Trump.



And it's stupid crap like this that will get you banned.

Seriously, I think one of these days, the moderators are going to be fed up with your inane nonsense and obvious trolling. I'm sure they're gon...


... oh wait.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215


The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:25 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 18 posts ] 
Return to Politics & Law

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
cron