Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

[ 1263 posts ] 
The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you
leroyPosts: 2014Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: The stupidest thing a creatonist has ever said to you

he_who_is_nobody wrote:From the YouTube:

daniel nahum wrote:This is how I view it:

Lets make an analogy.

Pretend that you have a book about ancient Egypt that you believe was written by a very good historian.

Given this assumption it makes sense to assume that the book has reliable information about ancient Egypt,…….. sure the author of the book could have had created a book with lies, misinformation, but in this hypothetical case, the default answer should be that the book is reliable until proven wrong.

In this analogy:

Book = Free Will / Human brain

Historian = God

However at the end of the day, both theist and atheist would have to admit that no one knows what causes “free will” and therefore we can´t make much predictions about the origin of free will.

Yea sure, assuming that a book about Egypt is accurate because it was written by a very good historian is a very stupid thing to say…..
"events with a zero probability happen all the time"
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:03 pm
psikhrangkurPosts: 6Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:30 pm Gender: Pinecone

I recently spoke to someone who claimed that the theory of evolution couldn't be completely factual because of maturational constraints on learning language. They argued that the vast majority of the population at the time of the first epoch would have been too old to properly learn a first language and, as such, couldn't help contribute in any way towards creating a first language, and that therefore language must have some other unknown origin.
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:24 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

psikhrangkur wrote:I recently spoke to someone who claimed that the theory of evolution couldn't be completely factual because of maturational constraints on learning language. They argued that the vast majority of the population at the time of the first epoch would have been too old to properly learn a first language and, as such, couldn't help contribute in any way towards creating a first language, and that therefore language must have some other unknown origin.

Hi, I only just saw your post in the queue now, apologies.

Welcome aboard!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:45 pm
Previous
 [ 1263 posts ] 
Return to Creationism/ID